Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 14:12   #16
BHPian

Please do check with the dealer if he will refund your booking amount or how much percentage he will cut ?

The longer you wait the higher the cut.
Old 8th December 2007, 21:15   #17
BHPian

Yes, Spark is a better car in many ways, especially the engine, but people are posting many complaints about the GM service in some other threads in team-bhp. And cost also does matter to me. A paisa through sound judgement saved is a paisa earned to put into some other (hopefully) sound judgement . . .
I guess that I need to go to the GM dealer and find out how much he is going to cut and then find the exact price difference and then make my decision.

But legally, can they cut a percentage of the booking amount? I didn't see anything like that in the terms and conditions of booking . . . Is such a clause inserted into the standard booking form??
Old 8th December 2007, 23:36   #18

Would like to know, if there are any discounts being offered on the Swift?
Old 9th December 2007, 10:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Yes, Spark is a better car in many ways, especially the engine, but people are posting many complaints about the GM service in some other threads in team-bhp. And cost also does matter to me. A paisa through sound judgement saved is a paisa earned to put into some other (hopefully) sound judgement . . .
I guess that I need to go to the GM dealer and find out how much he is going to cut and then find the exact price difference and then make my decision.

But legally, can they cut a percentage of the booking amount? I didn't see anything like that in the terms and conditions of booking . . . Is such a clause inserted into the standard booking form??

If they cut even one penny just give him a punch with full fist.
You booked car and its ur right to cancel it anytime with full refund. If he fails to give u money in one week after approaching him with cancellation letter then u can drag him to consumer court. That case will never happen im sure. Or what you can do is can argue for giving u immediate delivery or payback ur money as u've no other option stick to ur words and dont budge by even single excuse. You'll get back ur money.

Remember its not your fault for delay in delivery. When customer approach then he assume that they'll be getting car after paying booking but these losers just give cars on adhoc basis to anyone who throw them Full cash immediately for payment sometimes. I've seen this many times here in delhi.
Old 9th December 2007, 11:55   #20
BHPian

OK, OK. I should have simply called up Maruti and Hyundai before starting a thread. I just called them up and both of them are giving the same discount that they had been giving the last few months.
Rather than giving a bigger discount in December, the marketing blitz will now be centered on the price hike in January. "Buy now with current discount, or buy in January with 0 discount and 12K more" will be the mantra of all the car sales executives.
Old 9th December 2007, 19:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_pursuit View Post
Would like to know, if there are any discounts being offered on the Swift?
No discounts on Swift/SX4. You may get the regular freebies like foot mats/mudflaps etc.

@jorge: What is the booking amount the GM dealer is holding if you cancel the booking?
Old 9th December 2007, 20:13   #22
BHPian

Discount for Innova in Bangalore

Ravindu is offering 43000/- cash discount for Discember 07 has anybody got any better offers. is it better to wait and buy in 2008 a 2007 manufacured car some body in the forum is talking about a six figure discount in delhi. if delhities can get so much discount banglorians must get better discount as the manufacurer saves on transportation.

Help
Old 10th December 2007, 00:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Even i am hearing 6 figure discounts, but dealers say 40000 + 34000(finance payout) Thats only 74000 for the Innova, i am sure Toyota is giving 1lac, need to bargain well with the dealers.
Old 10th December 2007, 08:11   #24
BHPian

For swift they were offering 2.5k discount sometime back. Though they dont offer that easily...u'll have to bargain hard for it
Plus one can also get remote lock+sunfilm+mats thrown in!

Regards,
Old 10th December 2007, 09:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Estillo has better backseat space than the spark and is backed by marutis legendary after sales service.IMO Estilo is a way better buy than the spark.
Old 10th December 2007, 11:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
No discounts on Swift/SX4. You may get the regular freebies like foot mats/mudflaps etc.

@jorge: What is the booking amount the GM dealer is holding if you cancel the booking?
Actually, I did not check with GM, once I realized that there was no real option to my spark booking. I am waiting for them to call me. It is turning out to be a long wait though. I mean, I paid the booking amount 2 months ago, and apart from the first phone call in which they showed me a July model, there has been no other contact from them. If I try calling them, they will tell me all kinds of excuses, after all I will be dealing with a salesperson So I am not bothering with calling them. Anyway, TOI carried a story yesterday in which it said that there was no december discount for the spark because of a long waiting list . . . so the long waiting list story is confirmed to be correct . . . so I just have to keep twiddling my thumb and wait . . .
Old 10th December 2007, 13:47   #27
BHPian

I happened to enquire about the *cash* discount on the small cars. In Bangalore, maruti is offering 20K on WagonR and 25K on Estilo. The figures in newspapers (35K, 40K) are inclusive of exchange bonus etc.

While the ads mention 52K off, its only 22K for cash purchase on Santro.
To me, the discounts appear a bit low to consider an year end purchase.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 10th December 2007, 14:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
For Estilo, they are giving 40K discount from 3rd to the 15th. I have already booked a spark and am waiting for it. When I booked the car, the sales person had said that I would get a refund. Should I collect the refund and buy the Estilo? I don't have a particular preference for the Spark over the Estilo . . . . Just want the best price.
hi,

make sure that you invest your money on what you need, rather than what they give(discount!!).Even though you buy your car in Dec'2007, it doesn't belong to 2008 at the time of resale and in the long run the difference would almost be equal to the extra discount you get.This the reason behind discounts given at the end of year season.

bye
Old 11th December 2007, 19:40   #29
BHPian

just checked in times of india, hyundai is offering discounts rangin from 50k to 55k. when i called them up, they had no idea abt the same
Old 29th December 2008, 11:31   #30
BHPian

Discounts this year-end

Asking this on behalf of a friend who is looking for a mid-size diesel sedan. Any discounts on Logan, Ikon-tdci and fiesta?

The D'zire is not on the list as he wants a car in 2009 and not later

Cheers,
Su-47

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks