Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 00:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Can you explain the reasons

I have driven my zen for 85K kms, had shortlisted 1.3GLS as another car in the family.
For driving around alone zen is a great car. But as a family car there are such a lot of better options avalaible, Getz included.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:16   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

dont worry about the resale.afer maruti phased out the zen and brought in the estilo,the resale of the old zen (type2&3) actually increased by 10%.i found this out when i went to maruti preowned showroom.
type 1 was the carburetted model
type2 was the mpfi model
type 3 was the model which has front and rear cosmetic modifications.

Last edited by hellspawn : 11th December 2007 at 01:17.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:20   #18
BHPian

@snaronikar...

Well, anything we say about the future is speculation... be it on GM or MASS. And, in general, past performance is no guarantee for future performance.

My 1 paise worth: (1) Don't own an obsoleted car, and (2) If somebody is willing to pay good money for an obsolete car, sell it.

!!Own an obsoleted car only because you love your car!!

I believe if we love our cars, even if it is a daily and the only ride we own, obsolescence doesn't matter at all.

But, if our friend is considering another car to his current ride, and then considers that the zen is obsoleted... There lies the basis for my opinions...
Old 11th December 2007, 14:21   #19
BHPian

@snaronikar...

Well, anything we say about the future is speculation... be it on GM or MASS. And, in general, past performance is no guarantee for future performance.

My 1 paise worth: (1) Don't own an obsoleted car, and (2) If somebody is willing to pay good money for an obsolete car, sell it.

!!Own an obsoleted car only because you love your car!!

I believe if we love our cars, even if it is a daily and the only ride we own, obsolescence doesn't matter at all.

But, if our friend is considering another car (see hint reference to Palio 1.6) to his current ride, and then considers that the zen is obsoleted... There lies the basis for my opinions...

Last edited by GSHA : 11th December 2007 at 14:23.
Old 12th December 2007, 20:46   #20
BHPian

Many thanks for your inputs guys,
For the time being I will keep my Zen and maintain it as well as I can so that I dont have too much problems with spare later on.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:59   #21
BANNED

Even After giving Gyan to others.. i am also worried about my Aug 2003 Zen Vxi ( MPFI) as this year lot of new vehicles are getting launch in B and B+ segment with Diesel option and other hand petrol prices are also increasing... In next 15 months time, i will be getting car from office,,, after 2 years how much Aug 2003 zen vxi will fetch ?
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
In next 15 months time, i will be getting car from office,,, after 2 years how much Aug 2003 zen vxi will fetch ?
Think about it after 2 years, until then enjoy her, she's the best.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:04   #23
BANNED

Guys, how much Aug 2003 Zen Vxi will fetch after 2yrs (I am second owner today i am having offer of 2.10 lakhs, car is 47k run and in other 2yrs time it will cover total 77k )

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 4th January 2008, 16:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, how much Aug 2003 Zen Vxi will fetch after 2yrs (I am second owner today i am having offer of 2.10 lakhs, car is 47k run and in other 2yrs time it will cover total 77k )

Regards,
Jitendra
Seems an good offer. i just checked the price in carwale.com.
CarValue | My Valuations | CarWale CarValue - CarWale.com India

After 2 yrs? 1.25L?
Old 4th January 2008, 16:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

M800, Alto, Zen, Esteem are MUL's best cars ever produced and ZEN is at the top them with peppy performance and good quality in it.

Continue enjoying it. Even after 2 years you will get good resale value.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:20   #26
BANNED

After two year how much i can expect ? Guru's plz comment
Old 4th January 2008, 16:45   #27
BHPian

Alternatives

Plagiarism - One word which in this case will make us really happy. Why? Because there are so many companies (many even unheard of) that will make parts for the Zen even after its long gone. Agreed that these spares might be no where close to the original MGP, but as a make shift arrangement (in case of non-critical parts) this would be a good option. Another option is the Chor Bazaar. This is a place where one can get spare parts at a fraction of a cost & if one is really lucky a sparingly used one too!
So... Maruti can tell us that the windshield will be available only after a month, but that does not mean I cannot get one immediately from other sources.
Old 5th January 2008, 21:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After two year how much i can expect ? Guru's plz comment
I am not a prophet, but since you insist, i would say 1.5L. You might as well keep it for now since you do not lose much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Plagiarism - One word which in this case will make us really happy.

Hey Mav, plagiarism in my dictionary means hijacking words, not automobile components, check yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks