Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 22:06   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I have been in various indica cab having more than 80k's on the odo and a wagon-r cab with 25k's on the odo, so talking out of experience.
Yup! Rattles will settle in pretty soon. Thats something i hate in my WagonR too.

However, rattles are not everything. My friend with Indica (fellow team-bhp'ian) says he spents more on maintainence than for fuel. Here also in the forum, you can find several threads related to Indica maintainence, compared to WagonR where problems mentioned are mostly notchy gearbox and rattles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
This is just my opinion and this is how I feel There have been times when I had to swerve at 90-100 kph on highways in my palio due to some morons and their stupid ways of driving. Cant even think of doing that in a wagon-r. I am not saying it cant or will not be able to manage but its just what I feel, no offences meant to any owners.
It most probably wont!

High- speed driving is not WagonR's plus points. 100+ and turning is going to be bad. However, its pretty stable at normal highway speeds.
Old 31st December 2007, 22:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
someone said new version of indica is round ther courner, anyone can give more details on it.
Yup! Search around forums you will find many threads on it.
Or wait for 10 more days for more definitive news.
Old 31st December 2007, 23:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, rattles are not everything. My friend with Indica (fellow team-bhp'ian) says he spents more on maintainence than for fuel. Here also in the forum, you can find several threads related to Indica maintainence, compared to WagonR where problems mentioned are mostly notchy gearbox and rattles.
However notchy Indica's gearbox is but its still much better compared to wagon-r. Atleast the new wagon-r that my friend has.
But in city nothing beats the wagon-r, i love the engine and its ability to pull cleanly in 5th gear even at 40 kmph, its just like a torquey diesel. The power steering is a delight at city speeds, parking is a two finger job, the overall visibility is great. A good city car but average on the highway.
Old 1st January 2008, 01:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

a little off topic but i need to clear this doubt, i am planning for a 2004/2005/2006 model second hand maruthi zen petrol, i am going to have like 60% city and 40%highway driving to do, i have a fixed budget of 3LACS at max!

my query is should i go in for the zen will it be okay on the highway? or will it be as poor as wagonR?

do i need to stretch my budget and go in for indica turbo diesel!

i having second thoughts now because, i doubt the highway stability to be poorer,

will me installing broarder and bigger tyres better the handling on the zen for the highway use?

i was kind of having the idea of upgrading to 13" rims and a possible 20mm increase in the width from the stock width!
Old 9th January 2008, 20:16   #35
BHPian

the new version of indica was shown today, anyone manage to steal few pics?

now who wants a old model. will go for New model only
Old 10th January 2008, 13:12   #36

wagon R duo or indica?

mate - the indica definitely makes more sense whether its gonna be chauffer or self driven.

The indica engine is good for service up to 2.5 lakh km - provided it is maintained well.

The wagon R engine MAY NOT last that long - considering that most pumps dont exactly supply good fuel.

The indica - take my word wont give less than 19 overall. Highways it might be around 22-23. (again provided its driven properly.

The indica isnt difficult to drive at all - it also has power steering.

The indica feels stable and sturdy as compared to the Wagon R - which feels like a toy car. Now decide if you like your dad to drive in a safer car or??

Cost of maintenance and spares are compareable - if you dont believe me on this - get a list of regular spares and accident spares from both maruti and tata dealers.

cheers
Old 10th January 2008, 15:08   #37
tez
BHPian

if you can wait for a month, add palio stile MJD also to the list. btw indica dicor is available? SHould be a better buy than indica turbo

Most Viewed