Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 23:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think the i10 might be the answer
AFAIK, the i10 is just a higher priced santro, yes it does have better interiors, isn't that what an 'improved' vehicle is supposed to have ? certainly not for an enthusiast. Just my opinion.
Old 11th December 2007, 02:38   #17
BHPian

Thanks for building this conversation.

Other than Spark which came out the moment she mentioned small, Swift was my first reco as well. She had i10 in her mind. I suggested take a test drive. Both didnt make the cut -- Swift because of the fat pillars towards the end which made her very uncomfortable and i10 against the expectations was a let down, but still in the reckoning as it offers all that she requires.

Fabia is a different case altogether. Skodas are known for the safety or feeling of safety and that is something her husband can easily sell to her, even though size is a compromise. He thinks that Fabia is the only "small" car that they can share if required. And as I mentioned, budget is flexible for the right candidate. And he is willing to wait, though she got to drag that "boat" around the streets :-)

So, if the budget is pushed, the Fabia, and within 6 it will be i10 or Swift. Is that right? So where does the first two choices (in the same criteria as above) go -- the Spark and Fusion? Any big disadvantages or why she shouldnt consider the two?

Last edited by determinus : 11th December 2007 at 02:40.
Old 11th December 2007, 06:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Umm, spark doesnt come with airbags - option pack on LT has alloys+ABS, as of August I recall. That would take it out in my consideration.
Indica DLX would also fit in, but yes, niggles for a lady to correct - NO WAY. That is out. Else tata vehicles survive smashes pretty decently.
Estilo has driver side airbag only. WagonR is better with dual airbags.
i10 can't comment.
Swift has allll the bells and whistles. It can't be worse than the Cielo she's driving today, is she? As for rear visibility there's always reversing cameras/sensors And its a fantastic driver's car
Old 11th December 2007, 06:54   #19
BANNED

My vote goes for Swift ZXI. And an Alpine IVA200 with a reverse camera. You may add some good speakers for music too.
Old 11th December 2007, 08:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
My vote goes for Swift ZXI. And an Alpine IVA200 with a reverse camera. You may add some good speakers for music too.
Haha Alpine IVA with a reverse camera and add some good speakers.I like it.

If you want a car below 6 lacs then go for swift ZXI.If you can stretch your budget upto 7.5lacs then go for Fabia and dont confused with 3 cylinder engine with PU tech.And it does have ABS and 2 Air bags.
Old 11th December 2007, 08:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Safe and small?

Safe and small seem like 2 mutually exclussive characteristics. I think you are going to have to give up one. Maruti Wagon R, quality, easy in and out, small, in your budget. There are lots of variations of it, see the dealer for a test drive near you.
Old 11th December 2007, 09:24   #22
BANNED

SWift Zxi is best option for her
Old 11th December 2007, 21:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

swift zxi would be ok ,why no one have mentioned of the punto due to be NEXT hot entry scheduled or maybe jazz-honda.anyways swift zxi is good V F M option you got.off topic jk looks great in the pic.a bit shy though.

ram
Old 11th December 2007, 22:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

With a budget of 6L, the only cars are the Swift ZXi and Hyundai I10. I think Swift will be better.
Old 12th December 2007, 20:44   #25
BHPian

Thanks people, I will report back on which car she finally went for. I have asked her to relook at the Swift ZXi.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:43   #26
BHPian

It should be a case of first love; She booked a Spark last week. Since it is self driven, the size/ compactness clinched the deal in favour of Spark. There is a one month waiting period! and there werent any discounts!!
Old 1st January 2008, 14:31   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
It should be a case of first love; She booked a Spark last week. Since it is self driven, the size/ compactness clinched the deal in favour of Spark. There is a one month waiting period! and there werent any discounts!!
No discounts ? But hte recent 50k price cut still holds right ?

How much are you paying for it OTR ?
Old 1st January 2008, 14:45   #28
BANNED

Swift ZXi is great. Highly recommended. However, let us see whether the lower Fabia's will have the safety features. If yes then that may be the better choice. If one needs more power, then one can always go for a 'chip' job from a reputed firm.
Old 1st January 2008, 17:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But you don't get airbags on Spark, do you?
Old 1st January 2008, 18:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... the Zen Estilo as it comes with an AT.
Estilo's AT variant is out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
AFAIK, the i10 is just a higher priced santro, yes it does have better interiors, isn't that what an 'improved' vehicle is supposed to have ? certainly not for an enthusiast. Just my opinion.
All new chassis, different front engine and suspension subframes, and I think different suspension. I'd hesitate to call it a higher-priced Santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks