Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 15:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Santro will be phased out but they have removed the top end model & have only two models now just like they did with Alto(removed the VXi variant) so that I will be an entry level offering from Hyundai
Old 13th December 2007, 15:44   #32
BHPian

Santro is still better and looks fresh, somehow and specially in terms of space and back seat comfort which is really pampering
Hyundai should go in for more additions rather phasing out its only successful model...
Old 13th December 2007, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Like many have mentioned, I doubt Hyundai will phase out the Santro any time soon. I test drove the i10 today. Was ok, nothing special. To be frank, i wouldn't choose an i10 over a Santro.
If a Santro doesn't appeal to you, then I'd suggest you go (half) a step higher and opt for the Swift or Getz.
Old 13th December 2007, 18:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Like many have mentioned, I doubt Hyundai will phase out the Santro any time soon. I test drove the i10 today. Was ok, nothing special. To be frank, i wouldn't choose an i10 over a Santro.
If a Santro doesn't appeal to you, then I'd suggest you go (half) a step higher and opt for the Swift or Getz.
Don't mind but it is easier to say this when you r not serious about buying the vehichle. If you are genuinely concerned then the opinion differs. Within a single TD you can only reject a vehicle that is an underperformer...but when it comes to comparing a 10 year old launched vehicle and a recently launched one with similar but some striking features, you can't decide in one go.
Old 13th December 2007, 22:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Santro is still better and looks fresh, somehow and specially in terms of space and back seat comfort which is really pampering
Hyundai should go in for more additions rather phasing out its only successful model...
Lot of people are unhappy with backseat comfort of Santro. I do not have much experience sitting in rear seat in my santro though. Hope i10 is better in this department as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Don't mind but it is easier to say this when you r not serious about buying the vehichle. If you are genuinely concerned then the opinion differs. Within a single TD you can only reject a vehicle that is an underperformer...but when it comes to comparing a 10 year old launched vehicle and a recently launched one with similar but some striking features, you can't decide in one go.
Yes, if I had to select between Santro and i10, probably I would have gone for i10, for its fresh look and it's specifications. I have not done TD but sure there also i10 would have scored more points.

Before decinding which car, I would have fixed the budget and segment to avoid going out of budget. (like bringing swift and getz in competition)

One more suggestion is, whatever car you decide to buy, spare some money to buy ICE and other necessary accessories, without which your fun will be limited to new car's smell only.
It is not a warning, but remember you are on T-BHP too and there are very interesting sections for ICE etc. etc.
May be, it is not a bad idea to be ready with a plan and approx. budget for these things as well.
Happy shopping.
Old 15th December 2007, 11:48   #36
BHPian

Thanks a bunch guys for your quick responses.

Actually - i have posted this thread on-behalf of my friend who is actually looking to buy his first car. (I am a proud owner of Ford Fiesta TDCi)

Even he was amazed to see the suggestions and responses from you guys.

I will let you guys know once he decide on this
Old 15th December 2007, 19:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

just returned from TD for i10. Took it in Trident near domlur. I am not expert in technical aspects... so just from a layman view
the interiors look like luxury, good space. I had a 6 feet tall guy who tried to sit in driver seat and check. I just sat behind him to know the leg space. Man, its really comfortable. Better than my Zen. The PW switches needs to be used by the driver. Its not in normal position as my Zen.
Engine is not Santro engine. Its same CC, but diff tech. In santro engine there is return of fuel after combustion but in i10 somethig like there is no return of fuel so FE is good etc. [Sorry i dont understand this!!!]
He claims milage as 15 in city without AC. With AC 14. Boot space seems to be bigger too[225lts]. AC is good and i dont recognise any diff with & without AC. The engine noise level is really good. I am unable to know if its on or not, so silent.
But I think the i10 Magna is VFM, not sure about the next version which is almost 90k diff. i10 magna is 4.64 on road. the next version with ABS, airbag etc is 5.5L. Could not get a Getz so not able to compare with its seating space.
A auto version of i10 is also scheduled for launch around feb'08.
Old 19th December 2007, 00:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Heard that dealers are throwing in lot of freebies on the Santro, like ICE, payout, in addition to the regular stuff. But on i10, even floor mats are not offered as freebies. Looks like Santro is facing stiff competition from its sibling. Ofcourse, this in no way tells that Santro may be phased out.

But definitely an interesting situation. If 1lac car enters the market and if 800 prices are reduced to compete with 1lac, Alto prices might also be reduced(going by Maruti's reputation, else 800 sales might eat into Alto). People who want better car will opt for i10/Splash. Am not sure what Santro's future will be? Any guesses/predictions?
Old 19th December 2007, 13:09   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rumour discussion ended; topic closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks