Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 16:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
A esteem with a FFE and headers will still be slower then a Peted Swift When it comes to performance there are few cars which can beat the Swift below 8L. Also Swift has almost double the torque then the Esteem.

Well it needs to be "Stand alone ECU"fied then. Our friend RD karthik of race dynamics would vouch for some esteems which would beat the pants off many cars. The swift has more torque agreed, It weighs 1010+ odd kgs against the sub 850 kg esteem. I am not trying to argue swift is not a fast car, thats why i said esteem as "one of the fastest" , suprisingly in speed runs 1.3 ltrs prostock seems to be dominated by Esteems. Lets see this time how the scenario would be w.r.t Timings.
Old 30th December 2007, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

and let me add in here - rear space is PRETTY BAD in the esteem too -

red rage - im not sure what is ur defentition of well built ppl but im around 65 kgs and ive found the rear is VERY VERY cramped with 3 ppl of even medium built....

Well my friend, i have seated 5 people around 65-75 kgs and we have driven to Goa in my car. I have had no complaints from them. Well only if very tall people (6' 2+)are seated in front with the seat fully backed, then it might be cramped, well its definetly better then what i found with the swift rear seat though. Well it just depends on views from person to person. I have sat around in a few esteem's (delhi Taxi's) as well with 2 other people in the rear, I have had no issues.
Old 1st March 2008, 14:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Well my friend, i have seated 5 people around 65-75 kgs and we have driven to Goa in my car. I have had no complaints from them. Well only if very tall people (6' 2+)are seated in front with the seat fully backed, then it might be cramped, well its definetly better then what i found with the swift rear seat though. Well it just depends on views from person to person. I have sat around in a few esteem's (delhi Taxi's) as well with 2 other people in the rear, I have had no issues.

Redrage buddy you are true that really speaking Esteem is one good vehicle and i am 100% sure that there will be no problem in future for the Spares for this vehicle.

Esteem is known as the Indian Merecedes

The thing which you told that if taller people are sitting in the front seat and have pulled back the seats back is true.
Old 1st March 2008, 16:59   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Esteem is known as the Indian Merecedes
Huh? By whom? As an ex-Esteem owner, I can tell you that its beyond sensibility to call the Esteem an "Indian Mercedes". Would you care to explain what attributes of a Mercedes you see in an Esteem?

Lets accept a car for what it is, and what it isn't.
Old 1st March 2008, 18:32   #20
BHPian

aren,t we discussing the same car(esteem and swift) as esteem is swift only 2 generations behind, or is it three??
thats why the choice should be a swift
Old 1st March 2008, 20:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

In couple of weeks Swift Sedan ( Dezire ) will be launched (as per source I read), so wait and TD to see If its worth for your requirement.

Some discounts might start on Swift very soon although its my guess! Swift / Esteem / Swift Sedan won't be practical cars but would come with safety ( top end ) and MUL wide service network, good resale value ( Swift has excellant resale value).

But after studying technically Swift/Sedan are costly to maintain compared to Maruti's old cars (Esteem, ZEN, Wagonr, Baleno etc..)

If you want to decide between two my pick would be Swift Sedan ( Dezire ) because it has boot and its worth it compared with Swift. If you need hatch then buy Swift.

I suggest If you look for practical choice TD Logan and Indigo and Indigo CS are excellant cars they are much better VFM and pactical compared to Maruti cars.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:21   #22
BHPian

Damn man :- I would never buy the esteem .
The swift is a much better car.
better chassis , better brakes , tweaked engine , etc etc.

And i prefer the petrol version.

Hate the esteem myself.
Its a personal choice though.
Be happy man.
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks