Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 15:57   #31
BHPian

Considering your height, susan is right, maybe a palio or getz should be comfortable. but if youre looking for a stylish and decent powered car (which it appears you are) consider the Ikon or the Accent.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

thank you everyone who pointed out my mistake
made me gasp out another word with four letters
Old 4th January 2008, 18:59   #33
BHPian

Wonderful

Thank you all for kind and generous advice i would be going to some of the showrooms in the city and have a look at all the cars and prices quoted and i will get to you experts once i get all the details...Once again thank you very much prompt replies..And i Getz well would i get that car in my budget ...
Old 5th January 2008, 00:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

krishnavamsi24

if you are looking at a hatch back why not consider the zen LXi 2005 or 2006 cars? well you see i recently checked out these zens at somajiguda SABOO dealer the true value showroom! there were quite a few zens that were 2005/2006 models and all priced between 2.5 to 3L budget! and they have even put them up in the site checkout the link below!

Maruti Suzuki certified true value used car company: buy second hand pre owned cars, warranty, 120 quality checks, refurbished with genuine accessories

also this is the company true value website for buying or selling cars!

Maruti Suzuki certified true value used car company: buy second hand pre owned cars, warranty, 120 quality checks, refurbished with genuine accessories

you can use the buy sell or exchange options at the top of the screen!

well if you want a good car why not consider the zens they are ever green favorites among hatchbacks and they are sure to have a good resale value in the future!

well the few 2005 and the only 2006 models are in awesome condition! i suspect the meter tampering though! just check them and you might still get a good car none of them have a odo showing more than 35K KMS! they should be a good deal!

Last edited by rider60 : 5th January 2008 at 00:19.
Old 5th January 2008, 16:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
i will get to you experts once i get all the details...
Did you gather any details / finalized the car itself? Do reply back
Old 8th January 2008, 10:09   #36
BHPian

High prices

I Went to check out the cars today i somehow squeezed some time for checking out cars as i have busy all weekend and i was shocked to see the prices wagon r l xi 2006 3.45lakhs coming 2005 model 3.3lakhs and 2005 starting model 3.15lakh are these prices apt and for santro he quoted 4.3lakh and when i asked if it was negotiable he said yes i was happy but hold on ..it was only 5000rs bargain...damn ..people help me out i checked this all cars at a maruti true value showroom and the staff were non responsive too...pathetic i didn't expect this from maruti
Old 8th January 2008, 14:31   #37
BHPian

MTV is true value for dealers not buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
.it was only 5000rs bargain...damn ..people help me out i checked this all cars at a maruti true value showroom and the staff were non responsive too...pathetic i didn't expect this from maruti
Maruti True Value(MTV) is run much by the dealers than from company (read maruti) side, as such never expect honesty,service etc.,. qualities from it. See, When a person approaches a maruti showroom they say there is about 20k exchange bonus. Ok, this guy eagerly asks how much will my car costs. Say the market price(average price) is about 2.2L, they will quote a price of 2L and finally will agree to give another 5k more. So, this person will think ok, rather than having the trouble of selling the car on my own, am getting a 5k more na, so lets exchange it. So, this car is bought by MTV dealer at 2.05L.Add the 20K discount,we can say dealer has paid the seller 2.25L. Now (this is my guess only) Maruti company will reimburse 10k to dealer and ask them to earn the remaining 10k on exchange discount as profit on selling that particular used car. So, the dealer will get the car cleaned, do some minor repairs like topping up brake fluids,adjusting brakes,clutch play ,steering, alignment , minor touch ups, denting etc.,. (only things which can be superficially observed).
BTW, note that dealers can swap good batteries with bad ones, remove ICE
, replace parts etc., . at their own will.(do check out for these and insist they put in good ones)
So, finally all this clean up may cost the dealer some 2-3k and now he is going to put this sparkling new-like car for sale at about 2.75Lacs.Ok, now the average market price for this sparkling new-like car might be 2.3-2.4L depending on what accessories are provided. No matter how hard you bargain ,dealer will never go below 2.5-2.6 L.
Logic is that almost all cars sold at MTV dealers will include net profit margins in the range of 20-30K . So, keep this in mind and only if you find the car very very appealing and "really " trouble free then be prepared to pay about 20K more than market price for that;any lesser bargain is all upto your luck. For market prices refer to Used Cars, New Cars, Buy/Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Values - CarWale.com India which gives a fairly average rate for the car you are looking. Refer to individual selling price not dealer selling price. Actually later is the price generally the dealers pay to an exchange customer.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:04   #38
BHPian

thanks for advice

@snaronikar after having a look at prices quoted can u suggest a better place to buy a car especially after deetee remarks on maruti true value
@deetee buddy can u please let me know any other dealers
@rider60 buddy can i want a car for 4-5 people its gonna be used once in 2 weeks for a long drive zen ...its small..what do say about santro xing
Old 9th January 2008, 22:48   #39
BHPian

1) Whether you want sedan/hatch.
Ans)Hatch.

2) Whether FE is important to you?
Ans) Yes it is but i wouldn't traveling so often mostly on weekends.

3) Whether A** is all that important?
Ans) good performance is all that matters.

4) How many times you take your family out?
Ans) Once in a week.

5) Is this your first car?
Ans) Yes it is my first car.

6) How much do you drive per month?
Ans) On an average 200km.

7) Do you use the car only on weekends/commute daily to your office?
Ans) Mostly on weekends but can also take to my office.

Can you please suggest me any other dealers where i can look for second hand cars..quoted the prices of maruti True value before this and also do you suggest i wait for sometime i.e. after the new cars get launched..so prices of other cars come down..

At Moment Maruti Wagon R seems to be the front runner and palio i got feedback from one of our Bhpians that Fe ain't that good
Old 13th January 2008, 02:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

here is the deal, wait for the first quarter after the nano is launched the second hand car market will sure take a big hit and you should be able to get yourself a good car for that price!, also after my visits to the true value showrooms dint find any decent wagonR cars! do check the site and a few showrooms for wagonR, also used santro xing if well maintained should be a fantastic deal! checkout the hyundai used car showrooms you should get good details on this from the current hyundai dealers!
also make it a point to read the sunday's DC classifieds, there are two dedicated local classifieds FREEADS and SEARCHLOCAL which are weekly papers should give you the direct link to the owners if keen do check these papers out!
Old 17th January 2008, 18:26   #41
BHPian

New car

Searched a lot didnt find a good deal thought when im gonna pay so much for a second hand car i might as well buy a new one...
so i thinking of buying a new santro so can you let me know about the max discount i can ask from the dealer
Old 18th January 2008, 01:36   #42
BHPian

A friend of mine recently bought an i 10, at that time sales person said that if it was a santro, it can be got for around 3.6lac on road(top model).

Because your usage shall be for weekend outings only, palio 1.6 GTX of 2002/2003 should suit you as well. Try DC classifieds on sundays , you may get it for about Rs.1.5 L to 1.75Lac.BTW, used car purchase requires lots of patience to get a good one.The harder you work, the better one you get.

Last edited by deetee : 18th January 2008 at 01:38. Reason: corrected some typos
Old 18th January 2008, 06:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
A friend of mine recently bought an i 10, at that time sales person said that if it was a santro, it can be got for around 3.6lac on road(top model).
In December 2007 i got a 4.3laks OTR quote from Advaith Hundai (Bangalore) for Santro GLS. I dont think Hyundai dropped the Santro prices by that much.

@Krishnavamshi24: What is your budget for new car? Considering that you wanted a car for tall person to drive...did you do a Test drive in Santro and WagonR? Do you find them comfortable to drive?

As i said in my earlier post..i thoroughly checked Santro. Infact i booked Santro GLS with the intention that my wife will use the car and i will drive my good ol bullet. But we dropped the idea since i cannot drive Santro(long legs )...it is so crammed that after driving for 10mins i had muscle cramps in my leg and had back pain.

Same the case with Palio Stile 1.1. I didnt even took the TD. After i sat in the car, the sales guy said "Sir this car wont suit for people of your height".

So i checked Hyundai Accent and Ford Ikon. Accent looks really old and its seating positon is very low. Finally i checked Ikon, this is comfortable for me to drive and looks stylish enough (for me offcourse ). Now coming to cost part. Ikon is 4.77 laks ex-showroom (which inclues Fog lamps, power windows, power steering etc). Dealers in Bangalore are now offering free insurance and remote lock for free. All in all i paid 5.3 laks on road for this car and i am enjoying it. I drive this to my office, drop my kid at play school etc. I am enjoying this car. So i suggest do some calculations...whether you would be able to stretch your budget or not.

Second why are you ignoring Indica? I used to be apprehensive about this car since so many Indicabs ply on the road. But Indica is different from those cabs you see on roads daily. Try Indica Xeta...you will get the brand new car for 3.6laks with all features. Indica is leaps ahead of Santro or WagonR in terms of leg room and rear seat comfort.

So..i would suggest you take a hard look at all the options available before taking the plunge.

Btw, if you want some help with second hand cars..PM me...i have few friends in Hyd who recently bought second hand cars. Will ask them for contacts.

Good Luck!
-Vaspro
Old 18th January 2008, 11:43   #44
BHPian

I have increased my budget to 3lakhs..can i get a very good car now atleast..
Old 18th January 2008, 12:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
So i checked Hyundai Accent and Ford Ikon. Accent looks really old and its seating positon is very low. Finally i checked Ikon, this is comfortable for me to drive and looks stylish enough (for me offcourse ). Now coming to cost part. Ikon is 4.77 laks ex-showroom (which inclues Fog lamps, power windows, power steering etc). Dealers in Bangalore are now offering free insurance and remote lock for free. All in all i paid 5.3 laks on road for this car and i am enjoying it. I drive this to my office, drop my kid at play school etc. I am enjoying this car. So i suggest do some calculations...whether you would be able to stretch your budget or not.
-Vaspro
Great dude.You have bought the right vehicle (my feeling).

@vamshi: Not sure of Hyd dealers. Maybe other BHPians from Hyd will help you out. But try all the options, take TD etc. BTW, why don't you try 2nd hand Ikon? As your usage is less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks