Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 15:42   #61
BHPian

Go ahead with Cash Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Hello everyone i have decided to buy Xeta gls but i have one question he is offering me 30k discount without accessories or 34k worth discount i.e. music system,centralised locking and others so if i want buy the same outside...for 30k what are the things i can get ..
Hello,
I believe dealer offered you to choose any one of the following:
  • Cash Discount of 30K
  • Accessories worth 34K which includes Music System and CL
If this is the case, please choose 30K discount as you can get Music System at Rs 10K ~ 15K and then CL in less than Rs 5K.

If he offered anything else extra, just find out the approximate price in after market for that accessory and decide whether to go with the best offer.

FYI: You can get MP3 Music System (HU & Spkrs) @ ~7.5K for the basic version and CL starts from Rs 2.5K onwards basic version.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 28th January 2008 at 15:45.
Old 28th January 2008, 18:14   #62
BHPian

Can some one here recommend me a the best i can get for that price range i.e. 30K what are all the things that i can have for the car.
Old 28th January 2008, 23:05   #63
BHPian

You can get 4 PWs on your Xeta GLS at Rs 13500 to Rs 14500 (at dealer). You can get it done for Rs 10K aftermarket.

Please list the accessories, you are exactly looking at so that it will be easy for the gurus here to suggest you.

Ex:

Central Locking
Power Windows
Music System
Fog Lamps
etc;

Warning : Read the Disclaimer at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ing-forum.html before asking for any ICE related queries especially in Ask Gurus section.

P.S: I am no guru so can't suggest you more beyond my current knowledge
Old 28th January 2008, 23:14   #64
BHPian

Thank u

These are the prices quoted for me
Remote locking TLE 4170 -> rs 4,200
Blaupunkt Mp3 with 4 Speakers -> rs 12,500
Power windows 4 Door -> rs 13,000
Seat covers leather -> rs 4,500
Matting -> rs 1,365
Leather Steering Cover-> Rs 490
Teflon Coating -> Rs 2,800
Anti rust -> Rs 2,800
Body Cover-> Rs 1,350
Perfume -> Rs 350
Can anyone suggest me good replacements for these..
Old 29th January 2008, 01:00   #65
BHPian

You can get basic Autocop, Xenos from Rs 2500 and Rs 3000 onwards and is quite comparable to TLE 4170.

Also you can think of Auto Cop Gear Lock for Rs 1000 ~ 1200

You have very wide range of ICE Setups available for Rs 12500/- ICE in the range of Rs 12500 with T-Bhp members, check out the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "parijnan" View Post
Rs 7,500 for the HU Pioneer DEH 5750
Rs 4,000 for the Kicker Kicker 6.5 inch coaxials in front speakers
Rs 400 for the Disposable 6.5 inch Honda CRV OE speakers at the rear speakers
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pillainp" View Post
Pioneer DEH-3850MPH + Rear Speakers - 2x Pioneer TS-6991S 460 watts in separate removable enclosures + Front Speakers - 2x Pioneer TS-G1641R 16-cm 2-way speakers in provided door mounts + Tweeters - 2x Pioneer TS-S250 mounted in centre console pillar at 12.2K plus 900 for speaker enclosures (multi-layer ply with felt cover)
Quote:
Originally Posted by "wolfinstein" View Post
Finally got this for the XETA

ICE Installation ( After-Market)

Sony Xplod System CDX-GT250S ( Grey) @ 4800
Pioneer Rear 6X9 3 Way ( 6961) ( Bill & Warranty) @ 2900
Pioneer Front 4' Dual Cone ( Grey) @ 600

So Rs.8300 was total spend..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sixthsense" View Post
Hu-Pioneer 4850 + Front- Components JBL 606 + Rear- 2-way speaker system again JBL at Rs13K (all grey so don't be suprised)
Quote:
Originally Posted by "tsk1979" View Post
Pioneer 4750 HU(mp3) + Sony explode rear speakers(duno about model number) + Pioneer 4" speakers in dash + Pioneer 6" speakers in door
4" and 6" are in parallel as the system is 4 channel and not six channel

Cost : 10K, HU grey, speakers non grey

Another Sold car's ICE Setup is Sony Cassette HU + 4 Spkrs at Rs 1800/- (No doubt you feel a truck driver)
Quote:
Originally Posted by "nikibusa" View Post
HU - Pioneer 3850 + Rears - JBL : GTO937 at 11.5K (including Speaker Box,antenna,fitting etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by "quake6" View Post
Front- 4" JBL CS2104 in stock location (Rs1800/- B&W)
Rear - 5 11/16" JBL CS2165 in stock location (Rs2750/- B&W)
HU - Clarion DXZ555MP (Rs 4800/- from USA)
quake6's ICE Setup seems good for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ford_Madhan" View Post
1. HU - Pioneer 3950 - Rs4500
2. Front - JBL CS2104 - Rs1500
3. Rear - JBL GTO937 in box - Rs3000 + Rs500 for box
I have extracted the important info from posts and quoted it.

Also after some bargain, i got Teflon Coating for free. If you are negotiating with Autofin, Bowenpally, meet Mr. Subash, Sales Manager and he should be giving you Teflon Coating Complimentary Card.

You can get good Perfumes for your AC from Rs 150 onwards from any car accessories shop at Minister Rd.

For body cover, choose a fabric one starting from Rs 1000/- from any car accessories shop at Minister Rd.

You can get Autocop or Xenos 4 PWs at Rs 10K. Good Art. Leather Seatcovers from Rs 3000 onwards.

Matting: Do you mean the foot mats? If yes, you should get this for free as its a basic accessory and along with this don't forget the mud flaps as well.

Go for leather steering if you really need it. Get AntiRust done with dealer itself if you are planning to.

Don't forget to take Extended Warranty from United India on behalf of Tata Motors for 36 months. May cost you Rs 4500.

I hope you had already gone through On buying a car section of T-Bhp.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:52   #66
BHPian

Thank you for the reply

Also what i will do is ask the models of accesories he is gonna provide me with ...i gonna book the car today or tomorrow please help me make the right decision
Old 29th January 2008, 13:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Don't forget to take Extended Warranty from United India on behalf of Tata Motors for 36 months. May cost you Rs 4500.

I hope you had already gone through On buying a car section of T-Bhp.
Great Information TrueDreamer! Kudos to you!!!! you really took pains to dig up all that information.

@Krishnavamshi: I second Truedreamer on extended warranty. Even if it means paying a little extra...its worth.

However be cautious while getting the accessories fitted after market. Especially the electrical ones like Fog lamps, ICE etc. Choose a good installer and make sure he uses standard wiring kits. Dont allow anybody to cut any wires as it will void the warranty.

You might also want to get the sunfilm as the summer is approaching and Hyderabad is known for dry and hot days.

Thanks
-Vaspro
Old 30th January 2008, 00:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
These are the prices quoted for me
Remote locking TLE 4170 -> rs 4,200
Blaupunkt Mp3 with 4 Speakers -> rs 12,500
Power windows 4 Door -> rs 13,000
Seat covers leather -> rs 4,500
Matting -> rs 1,365
Leather Steering Cover-> Rs 490
Teflon Coating -> Rs 2,800
Body Cover-> Rs 1,350
Perfume -> Rs 350
Can anyone suggest me good replacements for these..
Thanks for everyone for some very good advice given i have decided to book the vehicle tomorrow we are opting for grey color and going for cash discount.
So i will have 30k to spend on all the accessories mentioned above tried posting this in ICE section but was denied by the admin so people im completely new to cars and stuff so people help me decide on this...Also can some of the Hyderabad team bhp members suggest a trusted shop to get all the accessories fixed .Thank you all..
Old 30th January 2008, 00:23   #69
BHPian

I heard Solar Shade at Minister Rd is good. Not very long ago, we got sun film installed on my cousin's car. It was done quite good and also got some discount Also the reason i am suggesting this place is, you have lot of shops in that stretch and if you don't like one shop you can choose other. You have about 10 good ones on that stretch.

Awaiting to hear from other T-Bhp members on more good places.
Old 30th January 2008, 11:19   #70
BHPian

@TD: Great work buddy;it will definitely help prospective new buyers, better make a new thread(sticky)with this info, so that it can be updated by whoever bough a new ice.
@Krish:
As i pm'ed you, if you go for grey marked ICE setup, buy for someone at minsiter road and get it installed from sprocket @ameerpet- they take something like 500-600rs for installation,but a good work. if you don't mind spending additional 3-4k you can then buy all with b/w. BTW, about your color choice, i think silver mist will be more durable than grey metallic(maintenance wise also its better).
Old 30th January 2008, 11:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
@TD: Great work buddy;it will definitely help prospective new buyers, better make a new thread(sticky)with this info, so that it can be updated by whoever bough a new ice.
@Krish:
As i pm'ed you, if you go for grey marked ICE setup, buy for someone at minsiter road and get it installed from sprocket @ameerpet- they take something like 500-600rs for installation,but a good work. if you don't mind spending additional 3-4k you can then buy all with b/w. BTW, about your color choice, i think silver mist will be more durable than grey metallic(maintenance wise also its better).
Thanks deetee.

Also the color Grey Metallic is different from the color we get on Xeta (Cavern Grey) which is a mixed metallic shade of grey and bit bluish. You see them a lot on recent Indica's DLS and DLG variants and Swifts, Indigos and the advantage of this color in my opinion is you won't be able to notice much of dust & scratches initially. Arctic Silver is a good color as well but you need to spend more time on cleaning your car in a week.

@krish: If you are in a place where you feel there would most like be thefts involved, go ahead and buy ICE with B & W as it would help you get your ICE insured without much fuss. Else you can go with grey market ones as well

Also i forgot to mention, when you are going in for security system and PWs you have a module (inclusive / exclusive depending on the security system) which will have auto windows roll up. I don't think this may be available in Tata OEM CL as it is not a complete security system.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:42   #72
BHPian

Accessories for my car

Thanks to vaspro,Truedreamer, Deetee and all others for helping me decide on XETA the dealer is offering 28k discount if accessories are taken or 20k if its in cash. And yes it is 2008 model so they lowered the discounts for me ...but for 2007 model they are offering more discounts .
  1. [FONT=Calibri]Remote locking from autocop for 4200 Rs [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Calibri]Blaupunkt Mumbai MP26 -Mp3 [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Calibri]GTX 693 for rear speakers[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Calibri]BGX402 for Front speakers [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Calibri]all this for 12,850 Rs[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Calibri]Leather Seat cover-> 4500 Rs[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Calibri]Matting complete->1365 Rs [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Calibri]Teflon coating ->2800 Rs[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Calibri]Leather cover steering ->490 Rs[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Calibri]Body cover ->1350 Rs[/FONT]
These are the things i would go for if i take it from dealer.So any suggestions is the pricing good i will also enquire on these from the outside market and put in the suggestion given by them......Thank you all..
Old 30th January 2008, 20:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Usually, Tatas give good discounts during year end and march. Since March being the year end (financially) for most of the companies, they will be in pressure to sell more.

OR ask the dealer what would be the discount if you purchase the vehicle in March.
Old 30th January 2008, 22:42   #74
BANNED

Quote:
  1. Remote locking from autocop for 4200 Rs
Which model?? 2k aka 2000 is a very basic one. Get to know of the model. Features to look for - engine immobiliser (I suspect xeta has no immobiliser), silent operation, warning for audio system.

Quote:
]Blaupunkt Mumbai MP26 -Mp3

GTX 693 for rear speakers

BGX402 for Front speakers

all this for 12,850 Rs
I will suggest you go in for Pio X050MP series, which comes with USB. You can put a blue tooth dongle on that and use your bluetooth mobile to talk on the internet; or put in a USB stick with all your MP3s, or use the iPOD or ....

Mine with 4050 MP cost 11K odd, and is higher according to the info here. You should get that config with Pio speakers at around 8.5K.

Quote:
Leather Seat cover-> 4500 Rs
I suspect this is artificial leather, aka rexine. I suggest cloth. We are a humid country.

Quote:
Body cover ->1350 Rs
Should not cost more than 750 in some accessory shop.

If I were you, I will take only the security system from the dealer. Collect the rest in cash and get things done from outside after the first service.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 30th January 2008 at 22:48.
Old 31st January 2008, 10:54   #75
BHPian

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Usually, Tatas give good discounts during year end and march. Since March being the year end (financially) for most of the companies, they will be in pressure to sell more.

OR ask the dealer what would be the discount if you purchase the vehicle in March.
March end well we have already booked the car its only about the accessories now ...so please suggest some accessories that are good in my budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Thanks deetee.

Also the color Grey Metallic is different from the color we get on Xeta (Cavern Grey) which is a mixed metallic shade of grey and bit bluish. You see them a lot on recent Indica's DLS and DLG variants and Swifts, Indigos and the advantage of this color in my opinion is you won't be able to notice much of dust & scratches initially. Arctic Silver is a good color as well but you need to spend more time on cleaning your car in a week.

@krish: If you are in a place where you feel there would most like be thefts involved, go ahead and buy ICE with B & W as it would help you get your ICE insured without much fuss. Else you can go with grey market ones as well

Also i forgot to mention, when you are going in for security system and PWs you have a module (inclusive / exclusive depending on the security system) which will have auto windows roll up. I don't think this may be available in Tata OEM CL as it is not a complete security system.
Tata oem Cl well he says its a complete security system besides he says if get it installed outside it would endanger the warranty .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Great Information TrueDreamer! Kudos to you!!!! you really took pains to dig up all that information.

@Krishnavamshi: I second Truedreamer on extended warranty. Even if it means paying a little extra...its worth.

However be cautious while getting the accessories fitted after market. Especially the electrical ones like Fog lamps, ICE etc. Choose a good installer and make sure he uses standard wiring kits. Dont allow anybody to cut any wires as it will void the warranty.

You might also want to get the sunfilm as the summer is approaching and Hyderabad is known for dry and hot days.

Thanks
-Vaspro
Well first thing is Extended warranty as far i know it is 4years but the dealer says it is only 18+18 months?
And also the
ex showroom price is different from the one posted on thier website
Sunfilm he says RTO is not allowing it now...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks