Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2008, 11:54   #1

Swift Sedan launch -- Discounts for hatch?

I have booked a Swift Vxi in the first week of December (in Mumbai) and am waiting to take delivery (hopefully by end of January). There were ZERO discounts given and on top of that I will also be paying the price increase (prob Rs 12K) as the car will be invoiced in Jan.

Considering the official news out today about Swift sedan to be launched in Mar 2008, should I postpone the purchase in hopes of any decent price discounts that might be offered for the hatch? I dont mind taking the deposit back (50K) from the dealer as it will be our 2nd car and can easily wait out for a couple of months.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lets wait and watch after the fabia's launch and Getz D's full fledged road presence.
But , 12K price increase? for what?
Old 1st January 2008, 12:55   #3
BHPian

I was going to mention the same. Wait till Fabia hatch launches. It might take some steam out of the Swift. I would certainly wait till AutoExpo 2008 (Jan 8th) to find out what is coming out in near future.
Old 1st January 2008, 13:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fistly why have you opened two threads with the same title and post? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post673264

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Lets wait and watch after the fabia's launch and Getz D's full fledged road presence.
But , 12K price increase? for what?
I think every year price hike by car companies so as to make buyers rush and buy the previous year stock.
Old 1st January 2008, 15:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

the price increase is scheduled for all models all make.fabia with this kind of pricing and cost of ownership i dont think it will be a threat to swiftD.and more over discounts on swift petrol will not happen in near future as supply is low and demand is high.try getting your vehicle before the price hike .thats the best option available.
ram
Old 1st January 2008, 20:30   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
fabia's launch and Getz D's full fledged road presence.
Fabia's going to come in a higher up segment of pricing (all to itself) and no idea what Hyundai is planning with Getz CRDi. The car is not even in showrooms here yet, let alone TD!

If TATA can make good use of Palio 1.3, and Indigo notch- its going to put some pressure on the Swift.
Old 1st January 2008, 21:32   #7
BHPian

Folks are getting some discounts on SX4 itself (wait period is higher than Swift), why not for Swift Petrol?

Are you asking if the launching of Swift Sedan will offer some discount for its hatch version? How are these two related since the segments are different?
Old 1st January 2008, 21:57   #8
BANNED

Dealer discount of 5k or so plus some minor goodies like seat covers are not abnormal. My son got this on his Swift ZXi early in August when all models carried a waiting list, and got 5K + mats etc. thrown in. That too on a non-finance deal.

The impact of the Saloon and Fabia should logically see a drop in the demand of the Hatch. However, I have a feeling that MS are unable to keep up with the demand. If so then discounts may be some time in coming, since the demand for the hatch + saloon will be still greater.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks