Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 20:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Getz is a better car then the Zen, since the Zen Estilo is basically the last generation WagonR(MR WagonR in Japan), re-badged Zen here.
Get your facts right.

1. There is nothing called MR WagonR. Its the MR Wagon you are talking about.
2. Zen Estilo is not the last generation MR Wagon. In fact, its the first generation MR Wagon. However, it does not use the 657 cc motor that is used in Japan. Infact, it uses the current WagonR's F10 D engine.
3. For intra-city drives, i would much rather prefer a Zen Estilo or even a Santro over a Palio 1.6. Palio 1.6 though is a great performer, is a waste of money if you don't take it on highways. Estilo would not only give atleast 3 kmpl more than Palio, but also be more easy to park, better visibility, and of course, rock solid Maruti A.S.S. and reliability are a given.

Finally there is nothing as a 'better' or a 'worse' car. It all depends on one's requirements and need. For an enthusiast, a Palio 1.6 would be a 'better car'. Somebody looking for more space, a 'Getz' will do fine. Whilst somebody doing only city drives and wants easy to drive car, a Santro or a Zen Estilo is 'better'.

Last edited by DCEite : 4th January 2008 at 20:38.
Old 4th January 2008, 23:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepbhambi View Post
Thanks Guys, that was awesome feedback and now i have clear picture in my mind about my first car. I believe i will go ahead and drop the idea of getting this Zen Estilo and go for new Getz 1.3 or Palio 1.6 or maybe look for Swift.
Getz 1.3 will cost me around 5.9L on road in Bangalore similarly Palio and Swift would be in the same range.
So we are looking at comforts both in the front and rear (for my parents as pointed by HappyWheels), plus i am 6ft. So we take comforts, performance, power and other details in mind with a budget of 6-6.5L which car would you suggest.

Thanks,
--PB
Firstly let me congratulate on dropping the idea of Zen Estilo. At 3.6 is was vastly overpriced and NOW that you have mentioned your requirements (space and rear comfort as well) Estilo would NOT have been a gr8 choice for you.

With your budget i would recommend the Swift Vdi, Getz 1.3, Aveo 1.4 and the Chevy U-VA.

Swift Vdi (Diesel)would be great choice if you plan to use the car regularly and want minimum feul expenditure.

Among the Petrols ....Take test drives, Browse TBHP more and then come back with your thoughts!!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 4th January 2008 at 23:11.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys, that was awesome feedback and now i have clear picture in my mind about my first car. I believe i will go ahead and drop the idea of getting this Zen Estilo and go for new Getz 1.3 or Palio 1.6 or maybe look for Swift.
Getz 1.3 will cost me around 5.9L on road in Bangalore similarly Palio and Swift would be in the same range.
So we are looking at comforts both in the front and rear (for my parents as pointed by HappyWheels), plus i am 6ft. So we take comforts, performance, power and other details in mind with a budget of 6-6.5L which car would you suggest.

Thanks,
--PB

pradeep since you have a mind set of 6.5L budget, please dont hesitate in getting the DDiS swift VDi model with ABS-EBD!

but be warned you will no matter what will have to put in a bigger tyres to see the true performance of the car! for this you can get a decent tyre size of 195/60-R15! and some basic ICE for like 10K budget!

see the car is like 6.0L on road,
you can get a good set of 6.5J alloys that are R15 inchers! for 20K to 22K and a good set of 195/60-15 tyres say michelins for another 20-22K well there goes the 40K-5K=35K! the 5K is for your stock tyres in exchange!

and you still can get nice basic ICE for 15K! and you can still enjoy the car! you have a good FE of around 18kmpL!, nice A.S.S. from maruti and voila!

man you have a car that will put nice good smile on your face! you will surely end-up with best of both the worlds! and still if unhappy with the performance get a pete's MAGIC BOX!

Last edited by rider60 : 5th January 2008 at 00:06.
Old 5th January 2008, 08:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

I agree with rider60 on Swift VDi.

But if you want a little more space, you could try the Getz 1.3.

If you aren't in a hurry, you could also wait for launch of Swift Sedan. Although it does not look too good, it will be a little more practical. My guess is that it would be priced at about 50-75k above the Swift hatchback.

You might even want to look at the Ikon/Indigo/Accent.
Old 5th January 2008, 16:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

zen estilo is a flop show model from MUL and if the owner is reaaly sylying out of india then jolt him down for a much better deal.
Old 5th January 2008, 17:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

If your budget is 6~6.5L, wait for this quarter. There are many cars lined up for launch this 1st quarter. Then take a TD & decide.
Old 6th January 2008, 14:56   #22

I dont mind waiting till this quater (snaronikar) if its really worth waiting. I have test driven Getz 1.3 and Swift VXI and i liked Getz more than swift due to the comforts and ease of driving. I went through different posts here and found Getz lack some of the safety features than Swift and other cars in its section.
So if we have better cars pipelined than yes no harm in waiting for some more time.
And thanks for all the posts as now i believe im inching towards my dream car :-)

Thanks
--PB
Old 6th January 2008, 19:50   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I went through different posts here and found Getz lack some of the safety features than Swift and other cars in its section.
That should be about the CRDi Getz v/s Swift DDiS. Getz CRDi doesnt offer much safety features like ABS, compared to the Swift.

However, that is not the case with the Petrol Getz. Although, petrol Getz is not for performance, its at best a family car.
Old 6th January 2008, 22:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

well please do wait till the first quarter but then i advice you to book a swift diesel so that you dont waste time, well the booking amount will be something around 10grand, so incase you dint like the cars released then you can take the delivery of the swift or else you can take your booking amount back!

if you book the car later there will again be a 3-4 months waiting period, and AFAIK, this is the only diesel at 6L on road price approx!, all the others that are to be released will cost more by atleast 50K!, so stay on the safe side, and do the booking to avoid the waiting delay, even if you like the other cars this booking amount can be with drawn from the dealer!
Old 7th January 2008, 15:51   #25
BHPian

Estilo VXi at 3.6L seems to be on the higher side. A brand new Santro GL/GLS with the discounts should be around that range (or at most 20-30K higher). A much better new car at a similar price.

If you wan to also consider the proposed E10 roll out for petrol in Oct 2008, then you might want to consider the E10 compliant Spark as well (3.75L for LS variant) cheers:.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Get your facts right.

1. There is nothing called MR WagonR. Its the MR Wagon you are talking about.
2. Zen Estilo is not the last generation MR Wagon. In fact, its the first generation MR Wagon. However, it does not use the 657 cc motor that is used in Japan. Infact, it uses the current WagonR's F10 D engine.
3. For intra-city drives, i would much rather prefer a Zen Estilo or even a Santro over a Palio 1.6. Palio 1.6 though is a great performer, is a waste of money if you don't take it on highways. Estilo would not only give atleast 3 kmpl more than Palio, but also be more easy to park, better visibility, and of course, rock solid Maruti A.S.S. and reliability are a given.

Finally there is nothing as a 'better' or a 'worse' car. It all depends on one's requirements and need. For an enthusiast, a Palio 1.6 would be a 'better car'. Somebody looking for more space, a 'Getz' will do fine. Whilst somebody doing only city drives and wants easy to drive car, a Santro or a Zen Estilo is 'better'.

Thanks a ton DCEite bhai.
Although this is an old thread,I couldnt stop replying here as I read through all the posts here.I couldnt have explained in a better way than you have Sir.Just perfect.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
zen estilo is a flop show model from MUL and if the owner is reaaly sylying out of india then jolt him down for a much better deal.

Get your facts right amit bhai. The Zen Estilo sales figures doesnt prove that it is a flop show model as you have said. It might be lesser in sales volume than your own Alto,but check the specifications,it is a way better car than your very own Alto in every respect.
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Get your facts right amit bhai. The Zen Estilo sales figures doesnt prove that it is a flop show model as you have said. It might be lesser in sales volume than your own Alto,but check the specifications,it is a way better car than your very own Alto in every respect.
boss u cannot compare estilo with my very own alto. it feels very kiddish when u compare an alto with wagonr/estilo. i think you have forgotten that maruti discontinued their legend ZEN and replaced it with estilo. estilo is famous amongst gals not for performance but for pink and other fancy colours.

and you can go and ask any showroom sales person what was their plans for estilo and what happened " A big flop show"

wagon r / old zen / santro are way better cars than estilo in the same segment.

i hope you understand what i mean by segments. you cannot bring in alto for that.
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
i think you have forgotten that maruti discontinued their legend ZEN and replaced it with estilo.
Everybody knows that,so whats the big deal ? Apart from the similarity in name,old Zen and the new Zen Estilo is nowhere similar and nobody is comparing them.

Quote:
estilo is famous amongst gals not for performance but for pink and other fancy colours.

Quote:
and you can go and ask any showroom sales person what was their plans for estilo and what happened " A big flop show"
Showroom sales persons,AFAIK, doesn't have anything to do with automobile designs and their image building and making the said design a run-away hit. At the end of the day, they would even sell refrigerators to eskimos, cause their monthly incentives depends upon them. Even if they have some plans as you say, they are not authorised to carry them out !! Lol

Quote:
wagon r / old zen / santro are way better cars than estilo in the same segment.
Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. This is the very essence of this wonderful board of which we both are members.We both love cars ,and maybe we love our own cars a bit too much ! ( Hope you will agree). So no point in continuing this argument and incurring infractions in the long run.
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Everybody knows that,so whats the big deal ? Apart from the similarity in name,old Zen and the new Zen Estilo is nowhere similar and nobody is comparing them.
thats the reason why i said its a flop show, discontinuing old zen and taging the nowhere zen (estilo) as zen estilo. the engine is really great though, thanks to wagon R.

Quote:
Showroom sales persons,AFAIK, doesn't have anything to do with automobile designs and their image building and making the said design a run-away hit. At the end of the day, they would even sell refrigerators to eskimos, cause their monthly incentives depends upon them. Even if they have some plans as you say, they are not authorised to carry them out !! Lol
they would have surely sold many estilos as the incentive for estilo is more than swift,alto and wagon R. but the thing is that not much buyers owe for estilo , and this is the main reason why they are paid more incentives to sell estilo. tough jobs get paid more cheers:

Quote:
Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. This is the very essence of this wonderful board of which we both are members.We both love cars ,and maybe we love our own cars a bit too much ! ( Hope you will agree). So no point in continuing this argument and incurring infractions in the long run.
yes brother everyone is entitled to express on this forum but check the YOUR ALTO word in the statement below

"It might be lesser in sales volume than your own Alto,but check the specifications,it is a way better car than your very own Alto in every respect."

ya i do love my car but i wont compare and battle it with a better car like wagon r, santro , zen estilo etc. i know its a basic entry level car and at the cost of 2.5 lacs it serves very will with best in class mileage, handling and quality. but its a slow and sluggish engine , which dies when the AC is put on. it would be better with 1.1 litres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks