Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 12:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
thats the reason why i said its a flop show, discontinuing old zen and taging the nowhere zen (estilo) as zen estilo. the engine is really great though, thanks to wagon R.
Still can't really comprehend brother,why you so hell bent on calling the Zen Estilo a flop show ?! Sounds as if you are very angry with Estilo. Maruti discontinued the 13 year old older 'Zen' because it had its own reasons,which we all do not know.The new Zen Estilo just shares the name and thats why a part of that fabulous legacy.Otherwise it is nowhere similar.If you want to really know,why they stuck with the name 'Zen',read this -->
"The Zen brand is quintessentially Japanese and with its strong recall, Maruti-Suzuki was not going to let it die. So, after a breather, the Zen is back adorning the panels of a completely new premium compact car. Here's the new Zen Estilo, the all-new small car from Suzuki with a refreshed, but recognisable brand name. `Estilo' means `stylish' in Spanish and the car's design has a lot of that European panache all around."

Source: The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Business Line : Zen Estilo: Japanese simplicity, European chic

Now coming to the engine part of the Estilo, its the same Wagon R engine but Maruti guys probably has tweaked it a bit to make it more thrifty and nifty ! No reason to thank the Wagon R ! Read here -->
"The Zen Estilo is powered by the Wagon R's 1.1L in-line 4 cylinder engine. Power is transferred to the front wheels by a 5-speed manual transmission. The 16 valve engine cranks out 64 bhp at 6,200 rpm and 84 Nm of torque is delivered at 3,500 rpm. The Estilo has enough sprinting power in the second and the third gears; in the third gear, it reaches a maximum of 100 kmph. The fourth and the fifth gears stabilize speed. The Estilo clocks 60 kmph in just 6 seconds and manages 100 kmph in 16 seconds, an all-time better than its stable mate WagonR. "
Source: Carazoo.com
Review of New Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo Cars in India, Car Prices, Specifications Features, Accessories and many more at Carazoo.com, India's First Interactive Car Portal

Or Read here : "Zen Estilo has the same engine (1061cc, 64.8ps, 84Nm, 4-cylinder, 16-valve, MPFI F10D Petrol) under the hood that is found in Maruti Wagon R. Absolutely nothing has been changed except for the fact that this engine is much refined and is slightly better at responsiveness and fuel economy. This simply translate into 'Zen Estilo is a bit faster and more fuel economic than Wagon R "
Source: Carwale.com
Maruti Zen Estilo Preview | Car Previews - CarWale.com India

Not my words or opinion.

Quote:
but the thing is that not much buyers owe for estilo
Did not quite get you brother.

Quote:
ya i do love my car but i wont compare and battle it with a better car like wagon r, santro , zen estilo etc.
Amen .

Mods:Please excuse and pardon me for giving the other links.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:16   #32
BHPian

The only reason anyone will go for an estilo is the price. But two years down the line they are going to regret the decision. Giving too many features on a mediocre car is of no use. either I will go for Alto/Astar or a Ritz from the Maruti stable. If VFM is main criteria go for Spark, it outclass Estilo in all segments.
Old 17th October 2009, 00:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Giving too many features on a mediocre car is of no use.
Then it doesn't remain mediocre,does it?
Maruti Zen Estilo was never projected by Maruti Suzuki as a performance car.In fact,none of their car actually are.If any regular production car,is not loaded with "too many features",why buyers would actually buy,I wonder.

If somebody is looking for outright performance,why not try a Melling Hellcat or a Ultimate Aero SSC ?!!
Old 17th October 2009, 00:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Like the Vista carrying the Indica baggage (which is a negative, "cab image" in most minds), the Estilo is carrying the Zen image (which is a positive, "propotionate" small car). The story may have been different had the car been launched without the Zen tag, IMHO. And again IMHO, the Estilo had a bit of feminine look though I never stopped to look at it real hard.

Sorry if the post rubbed anyone on the wrong- these were just my opinions! And hey, Happy Diwali
Old 20th October 2009, 02:23   #35
BHPian

I was offered the Spark LS variant for 3.6 with 3 years GM coverage. IMHO spark is a better car and for the price you are getting a new car!

Most Viewed