Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 14:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Would recommend WagonR. It is just perfect. Visibility/Comfort/handling etc. As you are expecting a baby, expect the visibility (front) will be a problem as they cannot bend and see upfront. WagonR is a better choice.
Old 7th January 2008, 15:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...me-driver.html

Similar requirements as yours.

All the best
Old 7th January 2008, 15:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

estillo has a good all-round visibility as well as the entry / exit is more comfortable than the alto. You can also check the palio. (adding one more variable)
Although the Alto is a good city car- the entry and exit will be difficult closer the delivery date.
Old 7th January 2008, 15:52   #19
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest a look at the Alto, or even a Santro Xing.
The Santro with the repositioning shouldnt cost all that much, and is quite reliable as well.

As for the Alto, its highly regarded and very much loved in God's Own Country, and the reasons for the same are very evident. For a women driver, i feel it makes a lot of sense.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would suggest a look at the Alto, or even a Santro Xing.
The Santro with the repositioning shouldnt cost all that much, and is quite reliable as well.
Regarding visibility and thereby driveability, tall-boy models like WagonR and Santro score better over Alto where you sit low.

-- Torqy
Old 7th January 2008, 16:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

i10/Zen estilo, take a test drive and then decide.

Spark would have been my first preference but after coming to know that my close friend waited for his Spark delivery for 3 months in TVM, i dont dare to recommend it.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:28   #22
BHPian

Don't know about the i10 but Zen Estillo fits the bill perfectly.
It is easy to drive, has great visibility and decent seats. A/c is also pretty good. My wife also drives the same!
Old 7th January 2008, 19:07   #23
BANNED

I think you should additionally ensure that there is a handle above the driver side window, on the inside. Most cars do not have it - my WagonR does not. Your wife may need for support while getting out. You may need to do this as an after market fitment.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:17   #24
BANNED

Zen Estilo!
Yes. It looks better suited to women than a WagonR. It is a Maruti. Will accommodate tall drivers comfortably. Very nimble to drive in the city. Good car to have overall.
Old 10th January 2008, 07:40   #25
BHPian

Chaps,

Thanks for the replies. Very useful.

WagnonR and Santro are nice but as they are due for replacement, I am keeping the aside. We may not sell this car for at least 5 years so a new model is a better chioce IMO.

Had driven an (Zen) Estilo are thound the time it was launched. Compared to its price then, the Swift was more VFM (I think the later had 20k discount). The ride was nearly horrible and scary at times on poor roads at speeds under 20kmph. The only plus is that my wife really likes the looks in Purple!! (but ride she doesnt).

Was thinking of Spark but will need to see if I can manage some discounts. Will do a test drive in a day or two.

I guess i10 is well worth a test drive and will do that in day or two.

We are not considering Alto as the height seems a little low. And it is nicer to have a little more power in hand for the occasional run to Kollam on the highway. A modern car is welcome too.

We would have really liked to buy a swift for her (and she is quite fond of it and till the time I buy mine, I could have driven it too) but she think its quite a handful (for her while turning in from the main road) in trivandrum.

Anybody, with experience in dealing with Hyundai/Maruti dealers in Trivandrum? What works?

BH
Old 12th January 2008, 16:37   #26
BHPian

We drove the i10. It was a good car with a pretty mature ride (brilliant compared to Estilo). The OTR at Trivandrum is 4.17 for ERA model (with PowerStrng and F/Power Windows).

There is a bit of confusion though between a fully loaded Alto and i10 (ERA) because the former is much easier for my wife to drive in the city. Help!

A few hiccups: I work with a software company which should have enabled me for corporate discount but I am told it is not given on i10 (because its new). Also, the dealer (Popular) is not giving any freebies. Anybody got any discounts and/or freebies (floor mats etc) from Hyundai?

Also, is there a cheaper way to get your car registered than going through the dealer? (Sorry: Havent checked the thread on this one. )

One more thing: Anybody got a view on the cost of parts of i10 compared to Spark?
Old 13th January 2008, 00:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

Popular Hyundai is not that Popular on this forum. Please be very very careful
Old 13th January 2008, 01:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

get a alto if you wish to just upgrade, or if you want a little more power and luxury then get a wagonR or i10, but be warned the service of a newly launched car and the A.S.S. will cost more than the maruti's age old proven cars anyday, i say proven because the i10 is still new and we still need to read a lot of reviews for the problems encountered!, you can search for the customer reviews of all these cars on this forum to help you decide!
Old 13th January 2008, 11:52   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
There is a bit of confusion though between a fully loaded Alto and i10 (ERA) because the former is much easier for my wife to drive in the city. Help!
And your problem is....???

Having to choose between a model long in production (alto) and a brand new design and launch (i10)??

I may have chosen the new model anyday. But that is me. Your priorities may vary.

Quote:
A few hiccups: I work with a software company which should have enabled me for corporate discount but I am told it is not given on i10 (because its new). Also, the dealer (Popular) is not giving any freebies. Anybody got any discounts and/or freebies (floor mats etc) from Hyundai?
Discounts under any name and freebies are carrots to sell the car. If the car is selling in spite of lack of discounts, it means, well, the car sells well.

Quote:
Also, is there a cheaper way to get your car registered than going through the dealer? (Sorry: Havent checked the thread on this one. )
Dont pinch pennies. >:-)

The dealer cannot give out the car without registration. Either temporary registration (ff your RTO is at a distance), or a permanent one has to be done through the dealer. That is the law.
Old 13th January 2008, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Why not try other dealer? Popular Hyundai is very much Unpopular. You can read some threads in this forum about their service and how they treat their customers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed