Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 02:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
facetious* ---
*There are very few English words containing all five vowels, in alphabetical order: this is one!
Offtopic:

@Thad: That was a good one. I first remember hearing this word in the movie "The Guns of Navarone" spoken by David Niven.
Old 4th February 2008, 13:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So now you are suggesting he get a bull bar installed?!
Bullbars are non-pedestrian friendly and therefore not recommended.
Not a bullbar, but the 3.5 foot long tube shaped chrome or flat alluminum bumper most cars and vans have. Many maruti omni's/innova have it on the side under the doors also, makes a good foot rest while climbing in and also helps protect from the scooter walla's, bikes & cyclewallah's from scratching the car as they'd hit the bumper if they come close not the car.
He can get the thin flat type in front of the front bumper and the rear bumper, wont really protrude much beyond the car, but will protect the car in minor crashes by taking bearing the brunt!
Old 16th October 2008, 12:04   #48
BHPian

Is the i10 unsafe? Yes, if you compare it to the airbag/abs versions of the Swift and Fabia. According to the link below, the crash test shows that the driver's chest was not protected well:

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Hyundai i10
Old 16th October 2008, 12:39   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Is the i10 unsafe? Yes, if you compare it to the airbag/abs versions of the Swift and Fabia. According to the link below, the crash test shows that the driver's chest was not protected well:

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Hyundai i10
If you find i10 unsafe what would you say about chevrolet aveo ?

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Chevrolet Aveo
Old 16th October 2008, 13:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
All new cars are pretty expensive if you have a light prang. Let me take the Honda City as an example:

Go to the Whitefield Honda Body shop = OHC's which have had frontal prangs usually need a new bumper, headlights etc. As for NHC's, the whole front caves in!
I agree. I have personally experienced this when I hit a dog at a low speed (after heavy breaking the car had slowed down) and the dog ran away indicating nothing major happened to it. But the headlamp assembly of NHC went out of alignment.
Moderns cars are designed to rtect the occupants as well as the pedestrains by absorbing the impact and crumbling in the process.
Old 31st December 2013, 12:26   #51
BHPian

Re: i10 unsafe?

Even the best cars with 5 stars will have injuries/fatalities when hitting something unscientific. Crash tests are done calculatingly but accidents do not happen that way. Best advise is to look ahead and keep to respectable speed limits and buckle up. Cars are meant to crumple but there is only so much a car can do to protect you. Drive safe!

Most Viewed