Team-BHP - Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/34613-verna-crdi-vs-getz-crdi-edit-finalising-getz.html)

Which one is VFM ?
Both are sharing the same engine.But price difference is more than 3 lakhs.
Verna has some goodies and ABS too.But it's lacked in GetZ(ABS version may be available by FEB end).
GetZ Interior seems to be little bigger than Verna especially rear legroom.
Defn FE is good in Getz.
Hyundai site itself has these figures

Getz Prime GVS 1.5 CRDi
Ex Showroom Price: Rs.567,359
Mileage, City: 17 Km / Liter, Highway: 19 Km / Liter

Verna CRDi SX ABS
Ex Showroom Price: Rs.826,079
Mileage, City: 16 Km / Liter, Highway: 18 Km / Liter

Defn Power is better in GetZ than Verna cos of less weight.But if it crosses 100 Kmph,which one is stable at higher speeds?
I have a Confusion in selecting the car.
Anyhow my Brother is taking a new Passion Red Verna SX Crdi ABS morrow.So I am awaiting GetZ Crdi ABS.
Please add ur views

getz any day over verna for the price difference and the goodies it offers, you can spend the rest of the amount on various goodies like ICE, alloys and other mods like pete's box etc

getz has a better tuned suspension for the stability and with abs its definitely going to be the best and the fastest hatch around! if you add the pete's box it will kick some behinds!

Getz is any day better than Verna CRDi. Verna is over priced. But Getz offer lot of infact all the goodies for tha money. Moreover, it is the fastest hatch as of now. The vehicle is also stable/performance is good/FE is good/no rattles etc. what more you want. Go for it man if you have to choose between these two.

Sir, I think weight difference between verna and gets is about 150 Kgs. Not too much. Getz is a pretty heavy vehicle too. If all you are after is the engine and the gear box, then Getz, if you want bootspace and a level of sophistication then Verna

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 697561)
But Getz offer lot of infact all the goodies for tha money.

What are the goodies offered by the Getz? Getz CRDi is available only in one version, and that is a bare-bones version, IMHO. However, the car makes sense as a good buy.

Interestingly, both verna and fiesta are having a hard time selling themselves. Sales figures are moving downwards. Both needs price revision, IMO.

Wait for sometime like 2-3 months, Getz CRDi with ABS. Getz is equally spacious than Verna. Even if they launch ABS variant with 1 lakh extra, then the only difference bet. verna and getz will be the Boot. 3 lakh minus 1 lakh means you will be saving 2 lakh over verna. It wont be a good thing if we pay 2 lakh just for the boot.
Even if you spend 1 lakh (which is too much) for the mods like alloys good rubber etc, then again you will be saivng 1 lakh.
Getz have an advantage over Verna at high speeds (which i had read on the forum written by the people who had driven Getz CRDi). But I had driven Verna at high speeds really soft suspension which is not good for Indian highways.
Getz CRDi with ABS is a worth to wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 697520)

Getz Prime GVS 1.5 CRDi
Ex Showroom Price: Rs.567,359
Mileage, City: 17 Km / Liter, Highway: 19 Km / Liter

Verna CRDi SX ABS
Ex Showroom Price: Rs.826,079
Mileage, City: 16 Km / Liter, Highway: 18 Km / Liter

You are comparing the top end Verna with the GVS Getz. IMO, the Getz crdi can be compared with the base model Verna crdi. The price difference in that case is around 2 Lacs.

The Verna is the much more comfortable car, more upmarket and better looking, IMHO. Also, the Verna crdi has a kerb weight of 1173 lg compared to 1137 kg of the Getz. The weight advantage is only 36 kg. I don't expect too much of a performance advantage. Also, some of the newer Verna's are reported to have better handling. Better check that out on your bro's car.

Both cars cannot be compared with each other. But still.... Getz Crdi does not have ABS even as optional. But Verna does have it. So if you are very concerned about safety then it is Verna all the way. Both cars (crdi versions) lack good handling. So ABS might be a very important factor to consider.

well the two lac price difference for the same engine and gear box along with a stable body and good A.S.S. by the same company is a pretty good deal and the rest can be spent well on the other things!

i would always say do wait and get the abs version not just the base model, the engine is far more powerful and definitely needs abs!

i prefer verna if you can spend that much.getz lacks boot and the black interior is not that inspiring to me.there are so many other features like semi auto a/c,rear hand rest,fog lamps etc more in the base version verna than getz crdi.so any day its verna for me,
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 697840)
getz lacks boot and the black interior is not that inspiring to me.

All the Getz variants now have the so called beige interiors (leans towards yellow).

Huge turn off for me, I preferred black with the silver/carbon trims. :Frustrati

The only thing really wrong with the Getz diesel is the price. If that doesn't bother you and you don't need a boot, go ahead.

If you need,

1.Large boot space,2.Sedan owner image and 3.ABS as must, then its VERNA

If you do not need the above,then its GETZ CRDi.

If you are OK with spending 9.5-10 lakhs than it VERNA....

According to me,
Getz has better engineered suspension/chasis layout than VERNA. Cornering,body roll etc are better in Getz than Verna. Again, all these matters if you drive beyond 100kmph regularly.

In my view Verna got the best side stance(aggressive,sedate/very proportinal) compared to Honda city/Fiesta.

Your city mileage looks very high Karthik,, I thought it may not give more than 15kmpl(in Bengalooru condition). Best my Getz CRDi gave was 14.2 KMPL (I have test only 3 times though and that too before first service)

cheers
Anju

IMO

Both should not be compared as one is a hatch and another a sedan.

Both are lil overpriced.

Getz is a better looking car.

Verna, from what I hear handling is an issue at high speeds. Feels like a skate board at times.

If you dont care for the boot go for the Getz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anju (Post 698391)
If you need,

1.Large boot space,2.Sedan owner image and 3.ABS as must, then its VERNA

If you do not need the above,then its GETZ CRDi.

If you are OK with spending 9.5-10 lakhs than it VERNA....

According to me,
Getz has better engineered suspension/chasis layout than VERNA. Cornering,body roll etc are better in Getz than Verna. Again, all these matters if you drive beyond 100kmph regularly.

In my view Verna got the best side stance(aggressive,sedate/very proportinal) compared to Honda city/Fiesta.

Your city mileage looks very high Karthik,, I thought it may not give more than 15kmpl(in Bengalooru condition). Best my Getz CRDi gave was 14.2 KMPL (I have test only 3 times though and that too before first service)

cheers
Anju

Cost of Verna Crdi (on road) in chennai 8.2 to 8.9 and not 9.5 - 10 as in banglore