Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 15:17   #16
BHPian

Thanks guys....

Yeah my monthly running atleast now will not exceed beyond 1000kms...so probably will go for Stile 1.6 sport.

(Palio 1.3MJD also cost frm 4.5L onwards for its base ver so may not fit in my budget)

Once decided for the Palio 1.6 version, what i should be expecting from the Dealers:

a) What discounts I should expect and in what category?
b) Is it wise to for sub dealers or the main dealer - E.g. Fortune - Navi Mumbai
c) What all freebies should we expect from a Sub dealer....coz i'm not sure the main dealer like here in Navi Mumbai - Fortune, would give those freebies n discounts like the sub dealers gives.

Any suggestions?
Old 19th February 2008, 23:34   #17
BHPian

i must say the diesel is the practical buy
its the right thing to do but if a 1.6 pulls up along side you i think you and i both know whose gonna win
i have a diesel uno [in the picture] and my second car achieves its top speed in the third gear 1.6 stile sporthttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool
also pls dont even think of buying your car from a sub dealer even if their offer is half of the others believe me
i wish well and abt your pulsar u dont no what your missing ask a hero honda or honda onwer
Old 20th February 2008, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
also pls dont even think of buying your car from a sub dealer even if their offer is half of the others believe me
i wish well and abt your pulsar u dont no what your missing ask a hero honda or honda onwer
yeah Palio MJD is a good buy option but my running wont be tht high to run the diesel engine...tht was the pt i was makin in this thread!

1. Can you elaborate why its not recommended to buy from a Sub-Dealer...(dont they give gr8 offeres + freebies?)

2. I din get you regarding ur next pt...

Thanks for ur comments....
Old 20th February 2008, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Would any dealer in Delhi have a non-Stile Palio 1.6? If yes, what kind of discount can one expect given that the model is now old. I'd like to buy one and run it on CNG for my daily 80 KM grind.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:14   #20
BHPian

Hello Michael Schume...

Still awaiting your response....

BTW...Yesterday visited the Main Dealer here in Navi Mumbai - Fortune Cars and also a Sub Dealer later for Palio Stile 1.6.

In Fortune, Got a TD of a demo car for Palio Stile 1.1 SLE (they didnt had 1.6) - the acceleration pedal was too hard to press...the sales person said its a prob of the TD car....Drive was gr8..Power steering was gr8 as well as the brakes n the grunt of the car...Just felt the driver seating was bit low as compared to Indica Xeta!

Would have loved to TD the 1.6!

Costing part now....

Fortune is giving a discount only of 28000 with Reliance finance of 13.75% interest while the sub-dealer is giving discount of 340000 with Finance of 14% interest

Both Fortune & Sub Dealer OTR = 478688

Fortune is not ready to come down in its discount!! :(

The only cut out i found out is that Fortune added the Ext Warranty(Rs4600) in the break ups which the sub-dealer didnt mentioned.

Darn!! Which would be the best option to go for?
Old 25th February 2008, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Fortune is giving a discount only of 28000 with Reliance finance of 13.75% interest while the sub-dealer is giving discount of 340000 with Finance of 14% interest
Damn.. Why did I buy my palio 2 years ago..

I know it is a typo..
Old 25th February 2008, 15:05   #22
BHPian

I too was stunned man

Sorry for the stupid typo! (oh i wish it was true) hehehehe

The sub-dealer's discount was Rs 34000
Old 25th February 2008, 15:28   #23
BHPian

If you are not in a hurry better wait for GP.You will get a new gen car.If you wait for new palio diesel i hope you can enjoy more options.
Old 25th February 2008, 17:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
If you are not in a hurry better wait for GP.You will get a new gen car.If you wait for new palio diesel i hope you can enjoy more options.
I surely would have love for GP but for now..i've a strict budget in my pocket and as for Diesel also the same reason and second reason my running wont be more than even a 1000Km per month...and i wanna keep the car for longer version too probably the Petrol suite me for now!

Thanks....
Old 25th February 2008, 18:01   #25
BHPian

Then go for 1.6.Nothing more to think.Palio diesel for sure it will more than 5lacks.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:06   #26
BHPian

True....the base ver itself will start from near 5Lac...and the gP would be competing the Swift, Fabia so its a far picture for me

I hope by March end I get a good discounts as i heard during the finance year end....there are good discounts offered!!

Not sure but just a whisphers in the ear!
Old 25th February 2008, 21:48   #27
BHPian

hey just to inform u, in city trafic palio stile 1.6 returns 8-9 kmpl - source: my friends

It is an amazing car to drive and you will love driving it everyday to office - source: my friends

Its the car for performance lovers and not for normal commuters - source: my friends

All the best for your buy, do post your experience of this car.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Rudrah
all though ur running is "only" 1000kms a month...if ur keeping the car for long i think diesel would make sense...bcos maintenace cost is almost same and if

1.6 returns 8-9kmpl - thats around Rs5.6 per km
1.3 lets say returns 13-14kmpl ( based on swift figures ) - Rs2.6 per km

lets say difference in MJD and 1.6 is 50000 , then in 16700kms you are on par between 1.6 and 1.3 and at ur running, you will reach that in 17 months which is good since if u plan to keep car longer, every km driven saves u Rs3 per km
Old 25th February 2008, 23:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

by the way - does the palio stile come in WHITE ? it would look awesome in white with full matt black alloys and 205 section tires thrown in...
Old 25th February 2008, 23:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
1.3 lets say returns 13-14kmpl ( based on swift figures ) - Rs2.6 per km
Unofficial news on net (i dont remember the source) informs that Palio 1.3MJD engine is tuned in such a way to produce less torque and more mileage compared to swift. This is to satisfy mileage concious Indian users.

But No concrete source to prove what i said... we have to wait and watch when it actually gets released.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks