Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 11:29   #1
BHPian

Does Hyundai not like Getz ?

Hi,I have been trying to decide between Swift and Getz ( both highest versions ) for sometime now. But though I like Getz, I am logically sort of forced towards Swift.By like I mean I like the look and finish of Getz and also it roominess. I test drove both Swift and Getz and found Getz to be very smooth ( gear shift is so smooth... ) . I am not saying I found Swift bad, its good too, but overall Getz make and smoothness was better, IMOBut if pricewise both are compared , Getz does not provide some good features which Swift has, mainly airbags. And somehow to make matter worse for Getz, they introduced that fake wooden interiors. The upgrades to Swift in 2008 makes it an even more better option.I wonder why Hyundai can't keep the Getz atleast on par with Swift in terms of features ( Their European version has airbags ) and somehow I feel they are making it worse too.Regards,Reventon
Old 5th February 2008, 12:12   #2
BHPian

getz always has a loyal fan base

its true that swift offers more features than getz,but the fact is getz has always got a loyal fan base. The numbers may be less, but 8 out of 10 who own a getz have never regretted owning this hathcback. Infact even i was apprehensive about taking a getz ahead of a swift, but now i dont regret a bit and this car is a truely amazing one in its segment.....just my opinion!!
Old 5th February 2008, 13:52   #3
BHPian

Hyundai skipped the Airbags in Getz and Verna, but started providing in i10.

Maybe future upgrades might have airbags as well.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Hyundai skipped the Airbags in Getz and Verna, but started providing in i10.

Maybe future upgrades might have airbags as well.
Absolutely right. They are planning for airbags in their next versions or rather upgrades of the current versions.

@Revention: I hope you are talking about Petrol cars. I feel currently, Swift ZXi fairs better than its counterpart in safety and comfort wise (automatic climate control), Space/Interiors - Getz beats Swift.

Take a pick based on whatever you feel is important. Hope you might have TD'd both the cars.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

The i20 should be on the way :-)

@Revention: Didn't you feel that Swift is more enthusiastic to drive and handles much better? According to me, if you are oriented more towards a drivers-car, Swift ZXi is the answer. If you are the family-man kind of person and want more space for your family, Getz is the answer. Am not saying that Getz is not good to drive, but Swift has good engine combined with dream like handling which makes it a better drivers car among the two.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 5th February 2008 at 14:06.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:52   #6
BHPian

Yes I meant the petrol versions.Even when went for TDs, I gone with some expectations based on reviews, but after I drove both, I didn't find swift more enthusiastic than Getz, but for me Getz was very smooth and so was its gear shift ( I didn't like the gear shift of Swift ) . Getz was silent too. And ofcourse the space in Getz is very good. ( I think I should TD both again ). But the fake wooden interiors .... oh no!!I was surprised to find Swift not that enthusiastic.But then since I am looking at all safety features , I have only swift as option ( which with 2008 upgrades does look better ) That reminds me of another question, the integrated stereo in new swift ZXi does not have bluetooth ( didn't expect too ) , but then can it be changed ? I mean are any "internal" car stereos available ?I even called up Skoda showroom and he told me that a lower version of Fabia will be launched after 6 months,which would be 5.5L ex showroom so even thats ruled out (my budget is 6L all inclusive and I am looking to buy this month )
Old 5th February 2008, 16:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

both getz and swift are actually in the same segment but known for pros which are totally different.swift is known as a drivers car-getz is known for space.swift has lot of features-getz has a bigger boot and better seats.etc.so you should first chalk out your preferences and then decide on the product.looks are actually secondary.
ram
Old 5th February 2008, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
I was surprised to find Swift not that enthusiastic.
Low end torque is not too good. You have to rev it hard to see how enthusiastic it is. It definitely is a free revving engine. Also the great handling. Take some turns at high speeds and you will know what I mean. As people have written here, it all depends on your priorities. Both cars have their unique sets of strengths and shortcomings. Pick what suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
(my budget is 6L all inclusive and I am looking to buy this month )
Since your budget is 6L, aren't you interested in a Swift diesel? Unless you "want" a airbags and climate control, VDi is a very good option.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 5th February 2008 at 21:45.
Old 5th February 2008, 22:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

I like getz but its price puts me off everytime I think about. Its just not worth paying that much for a Hyundai.
Old 6th February 2008, 08:53   #10
BHPian

Assume that, your talking about petrol versions.

Buy Getz if you need:

Built quality
Ride quality
Good ergonomics(tilt steering/visibility/seating flexibility etc)
Huge space(passenger+boot)

Buy Swift for:

Lower price
Some more features(climate control/airbag)
More peppy engine(doesn't mean Getz is totally sluggish, if swift getz 9 for 10 Getz getz 8 for 10)

Extreme torque; Believe me its worth paying extra for Getz.

If 1-2 out 10 owners of Getz/U-VA have regrets.
5-6 out of 10 owners of Swift have regrets.
(I have all the three hatchbacks in my family and just got Scorpio Hawk added to the list of SUVs)

cheers
Anju
Old 6th February 2008, 09:25   #11
BHPian

Hello Dr.Anju, how is your Kencha? I am still waiting for my Getz-D . expected some time next week
Old 6th February 2008, 16:03   #12
BHPian

Sorry guys fro off topic discussion.

Ram- I am not a doctor.
Kencha is super good.Its in showroom now undergoing 1st service & Under body coating.... So finally decided on 195 on stock alloys ? .

All the best for delivery, I am sure you'd really enjoy that Biliya (white guy) -
cheers
Anju
Old 6th February 2008, 17:09   #13
BHPian

There is no clear winner between the two.But since I am keen on all safety features, Swift is what I will have to choose between the two.blue_pulsar suggested Swift D, but since it does not have airbags and my driving is not going to be above 800 kms a month, ZXi would be better choice , right ?Thanks all for you comments/suggestions.Regards,Reventon
Old 6th February 2008, 22:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Go for Swift if you want Pickup, Handling (the best part), Value for Money and Safety features (ZXI).
-ve: Space, Rattling

Getz if you want Space (the best part), Build Quality, Comfort, Refinement and Driveability.
-ve: Price, Pickup
Old 6th February 2008, 22:51   #15
Team-BHP Support

Considering the fact that Getz CRDi is not even launched all over India yet (yes, even months after launch), and hyundai is not at all pushing sales of the Getz, it might even be on its way out soon.

However, its a good car, and i specifically liked the 1.1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks