Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 20:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Confused between Palio Stile 1.6, Tata Indica Dicor & i10

Hi,
I am looking forward to buying a new car & will buy it in next 2 - 3 months & I want to keep the new car for atleast 5 years. Budget 4.7 Lacs.
But I am confused between the following cars

1. Palio Stile 1.6 Sport - I love this car, The Palio 1.6. And there are discounts going on for it. Additionally, it comes with Alloys, Rear wipers, tubeless tires, etc.. Very Mouth Watering. But thats what my heart says.
Family somehow isn't comfortable with Palio, due to the low FE it offers. They aren't wrong, as I frankly do not expect more than 10kmpl out of Palio 1.6. Also, there are issues with the A.S.S. which aint seem to improve even after JV with Tata. Secondly, Its totally electronic & heard that its electricals mess up after around 3-4 years. They indeed are expensive.

2. Indica Dicor - Saw an add in papers. Indica Dicor at 4.15 exshowroom. The price is very impressive for the diesel version. On road price would be the same as that of Palio 1.6 but I will get a better FE + its Diesel. Not too sure of its performance but it is a very spacious car.

3. i10 - Another option is the i10, and surprisingly, i found it spacious. It looks cramped from outside but has good space inside. It has the same Santro 1.1 engine but refined & retuned a bit. It will give a decent FE as well.

Please provide me your comments. Also, do let me know if there's any new car launch expected within my budget of 4.7Lacs in next 3-4 months.
Old 5th February 2008, 20:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Vinit, Palio Stile 1.6 is a nice choice, but better will be Palio 1.3 MJD, you get the proven diesel engine, good FE and all the comforts of a Palio - Build quality, Ride comfort, Handling, Space, Looks etc.

Fiat Service is pretty good in Pune, B U Bhandari is doing a good job there.

Reg electricals, I didn't have any issues with my 4 year old Palio 1.2 NV.
Old 5th February 2008, 21:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well, three very different cars vinit. What are your preferences? i10 means good interiors and smooth not-too-powerful engine. Indica means diesel economy and Palio 1.6 means performance. It all depends on your priorities...

And since you are keeping the car for 5 years, i10 is still very new and could be a better bet on resale. Indica dicor, although new, is not an entirely new car. My views.
Old 5th February 2008, 22:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Hi,
IThey aren't wrong, as I frankly do not expect more than 10kmpl out of Palio 1.6.
10 kmpl is a bit of a stretch for 1.6. Look for feedback from other palio owners.

Quote:
Also, there are issues with the A.S.S. which aint seem to improve even after JV with Tata. Secondly, Its totally electronic & heard that its electricals mess up after around 3-4 years. They indeed are expensive.
What do you mean by its totally electronic ?

Quote:
Please provide me your comments. Also, do let me know if there's any new car launch expected within my budget of 4.7Lacs in next 3-4 months.
You need to tell us what is important for you i.e. power, ride, comfort, resale value, FE etc etc for us to provide you with advice.
Old 5th February 2008, 22:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rather than shortlisting cars based on budget, first decide, what do you want from your car. A Palio 1.6 is meant for people who enjoy driving might not satify a person looking for a point A to B transportation at the cheapest with maximum features, moreover would not like to see a 1.6 in those hands as well.
Old 6th February 2008, 11:03   #6
BHPian

You've got to include Palio 1.3 MJTD to the list. Since you are ready to wait for about 2 months, this car should be out by then. To me, the 1.3 MJTD sounds like a sensible choice at your budget.
Old 6th February 2008, 11:10   #7

Choose between palio or i10.
I am i10 owner and getting good FE 16.5/city(Pune)/semi AC.
ill post detailed review soon.
Old 6th February 2008, 13:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
10 kmpl is a bit of a stretch for 1.6. Look for feedback from other palio owners.

What do you mean by its totally electronic ?

You need to tell us what is important for you i.e. power, ride, comfort, resale value, FE etc etc for us to provide you with advice.
I am very passionate about driving & love driving on ghats. I have a Santro currently. It is a good car but it doesn't handle the corners very well.
My confusion is pretty simple. The Petrol prices are rising. Palio 1.6 is the best which I can get for my wants. But there are questions on FE & the maintenance. But as Finneyp said, he isn't facing any problems on his Palio since last 4 years so I can chuck the maintenence bit.

My reason for comparing the above cars is
They all would handle well on ghats (i believe) though not all would be as sturdy as Palio but others would definately beat Palio for the FE & thought of Indica Dicor as it would cost me almost the same as Palio 1.6 but would give me the benifits of diesel. Again I am not sure of the long term performance of Indica so seeking your advice.

Also would like to mention that I Love Palio so my choice will be more biased towards Palio. This is the reason why I would need advice from T-bhp, which will be rational.

I would rate the driving pleasure as 65% & FE as 35%.

Palio MJD was surely on my mind but then my feeling is that it will cost around 4.9-5.2 on road. That extends my budget. I had already extended my budget from 4.5 to 4.7 for Palio. But yes, surely hte Palio MJD would be a good bet, but for my budget limitations.

Hope this can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Rather than shortlisting cars based on budget, first decide, what do you want from your car. A Palio 1.6 is meant for people who enjoy driving might not satify a person looking for a point A to B transportation at the cheapest with maximum features, moreover would not like to see a 1.6 in those hands as well.
I am more biased towards Palio 1.6 since I love that car & hence want a rational advice. So I post my confusion on this forum. I haven't owned a Palio till date nor anyone whom I know had/has owned it. So advice from t-bhp on it & also on other cars is what i seek, I definately did not ask as to what what they would like to see and in whose hands, nor is such an advice any use to me.
Please do not worry. Even if i buy a Palio 1.6, I will make sure you dont see it.

Nevertheless, thank you for your participation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Vinit, Palio Stile 1.6 is a nice choice, but better will be Palio 1.3 MJD, you get the proven diesel engine, good FE and all the comforts of a Palio - Build quality, Ride comfort, Handling, Space, Looks etc.

Fiat Service is pretty good in Pune, B U Bhandari is doing a good job there.

Reg electricals, I didn't have any issues with my 4 year old Palio 1.2 NV.
Thanks for those inputs. BU Bhandari is also offering a very good discount as compared to Pandit. its exactly double. Their good job with the servicing bit is definately a very important feedback for me to keep the A.S.S. worries aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post

Resale value is not on my minds. I am looking towards power, Comfort, driving pleasure & atleast a decent FE, say around 11kmpl in city. I stay in Pune so the traffic here isn't as bad as in Mumbai.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd April 2008 at 01:08. Reason: Use Multi-quote option to answer everyone. Do not make so many successive posts.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
You've got to include Palio 1.3 MJTD to the list. Since you are ready to wait for about 2 months, this car should be out by then. To me, the 1.3 MJTD sounds like a sensible choice at your budget.
FYI
The Palio Stile MultiJet gonna arrive in March'08 as per Fiat marketing dept

Wrong comparison between the i10 and Palio Stile 1.6. Both belong to different sections...in terms of power, performance, reliability and FE
Old 6th February 2008, 16:36   #10
BHPian

Of the cars you have shortlisted, buy the Palio for sheer driving pleasure.

If you're a mileage oriented person, choose the Indica.

The i10 doesn't even figure, since its in a different class and you already own a Santro - hardly an upgrade.
Old 21st May 2008, 00:56   #11
BHPian

dude,u r comparing cars just based on cost and not performance.
u can compare the dicor with the mjd but not the 1.6 with the i10.the palio is a much better built car with a mind blowing engine and performance.i own a petra and i can assure u that i have no problems wot so ever with my car.it gives a f.e of around 8 in city and 12-14 on highway.
Old 21st May 2008, 02:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Thread closed due to obsolesence and this

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks