Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 02:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
also they have better service center technitians in comparision and is more organised than a maruti, maruti is learning from them lately!

santro has better finish, better engine, and better stability than a wagonR imo!
You will be bashed for this
Old 14th February 2008, 09:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Go for the Santro. WagonR has a pretty bad gearbox and a not-so-refined engine. Both Santro and WagonR have come to the end of their product cycles..Well..almost.
I also suggest i10. The Era would cost 4.2 OTR I guess. Has AC+PS. Doesn't have PW.
i10 Era has front Power windows.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:21   #33
BHPian

Go for the Wagon R. I had it for four years and it gave me trouble free ownership. My wife used to drive a Santro and we both preferred the WagonR.

Great fuel efficiency, very cheap to mantain and in terms of comfort and ride I would recommend the WagonR. The 5th passenger is as comfortable in the WagonR as the Santro.

Recommed you test drive both a couple of times before making the final call. Best of luck and enjoy your new ride.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:26   #34
BANNED

Well my predictions .
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
There are people who own both & suggest WagonR.
There are people who own both & suggest Santro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I would blindly go for the Santro.
I have driven my sisters wagonR, the gear box is attrocious, i hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Go for the Wagon R. I had it for four years and it gave me trouble free ownership. My wife used to drive a Santro and we both preferred the WagonR.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
get the santro for the refined engine and the gear box!
also they have better service center technitians in comparision and is more organised than a maruti, maruti is learning from them lately!

santro has better finish, better engine, and better stability than a wagonR imo!
Ha ha ha! Hyundai has better service than Maruti. Do you work in Hyundai?? If yes then it's Ok otherwise please don't lead him into the garden path. Hyundai might just be better than Tata, though not sure.

And I am talking form first hand experience. Have owned both and Maruti & Hyundai are not comparable on the service. I have had a bad experience with Hyundai.

No one's talked about resale value and fuel efficiency. WagonR will get you atleast 15% more after 3-4 Years. Fuel efficiency again - WagonR wins hand down.

Think about it. I say put your money on the WagonR.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:27   #36
BHPian

Hmm.. one of the questions for which there is no straight answer.
My bro-in-law had the same question about couple of months back. He test drove both and decided on Santro. Just wanted to mention this since it was the test drive which helped him make the decision.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
get the santro for the refined engine and the gear box!

Hope you are not drunk !! Get your facts right mate...
Pls dont (yes never !!) compare After Sales Service of Maruti with anybody in India atleast at the moment...
As far as Engine and stability is concerned, do you have that much knowledge to compare it? Pls dont confuse the buyer by saying such biased opinions...

Santro/WagonR debate is never ending. I suggest the buyer to TD both and choose whichever you like, and also suits the pocket / after sales services etc
Abhi
Old 14th February 2008, 11:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hope you are not drunk !! Get your facts right mate...
Pls dont (yes never !!) compare After Sales Service of Maruti with anybody in India atleast at the moment...
As far as Engine and stability is concerned, do you have that much knowledge to compare it? Pls dont confuse the buyer by saying such biased opinions...

Santro/WagonR debate is never ending. I suggest the buyer to TD both and choose whichever you like, and also suits the pocket / after sales services etc
Abhi
why shouldn't you compare Maruti A.S.S with santro, i know quiet a few guyz who say Hyundai A.S.S is better than Maruti, sure Maruti has the largest, doesnt mean that it's always better.

And coming to knowlege, how would you say that Suzuki's engine is better than Hyundai.
I sure dont know!!
Old 14th February 2008, 12:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
No one's talked about resale value and fuel efficiency. WagonR will get you atleast 15% more after 3-4 Years. Fuel efficiency again - WagonR wins hand down.
I strongly agree with this point related to resale value. My 2001 WagonR commands the same resale value as my pal's 2002 Santro, per Carwale.com.
I am not sure about mileage though. We both are getting 12-14 in Hyd city driving. I read somewhere that the Xing model give better mileage, but I'm not sure.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:31   #40
BHPian

Diabloo - how right you were

Will try to take as many test drives as i can in the next few days..guess its going to end up being a personal choice - deciding between santro and wagonr...can see equally strong arguments on either side...but seems there is little to choose from.

But looks as of now its going to be a wagonr if i feel the hard gear shift is not tooooo much of an issue...

Neeraj
Old 14th February 2008, 14:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
why shouldn't you compare Maruti A.S.S with santro, i know quiet a few guyz who say Hyundai A.S.S is better than Maruti, sure Maruti has the largest, doesnt mean that it's always better.
Its not about a few guys residing in some big cities. Look at the broader perspective.

Quote:
And coming to knowlege, how would you say that Suzuki's engine is better than Hyundai.
I sure dont know!!
Did I ever say that? No, I donot have that deeper knowledge to comment on the engines of WagonR and Santro.
I was just responding to rider60's comment where he blindly commented on the engine.
Now I say to you, Can you prove Suzuki's engine is not better than Hyundai? because I cannot !!

Abhi
Old 14th February 2008, 19:51   #42
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I strongly agree with this point related to resale value. My 2001 WagonR commands the same resale value as my pal's 2002 Santro, per Carwale.com.
I am not sure about mileage though. We both are getting 12-14 in Hyd city driving. I read somewhere that the Xing model give better mileage, but I'm not sure.
2002 Santro price dropped as Hyundai reduced the prices of larer equivalent models.

My 2003 Xing has been giving a regular mileage of 14-16 in Delhi and 16-18 on highways.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:04   #43
BANNED

Neeraj, are you feeling like this fellow:-
Link

(please remove the last two underscores "_" -- inserted them to avoid the link become munged)

Do have a look at i10. I do not think that it is overpriced. The price difference is very marginal.
Old 15th February 2008, 06:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Its not about a few guys residing in some big cities. Look at the broader perspective.

Did I ever say that? No, I donot have that deeper knowledge to comment on the engines of WagonR and Santro.
I was just responding to rider60's comment where he blindly commented on the engine.
Now I say to you, Can you prove Suzuki's engine is not better than Hyundai? because I cannot !!

Abhi
When did i say, Suzuki's engine is not better than Hyundai?...nor did i question anybody's engine gyaan. In fact you went and claimed it's better. why??

When i am buying a car and mainly using in a city X, i would be interested mainly in the service provided in that city!!
My sis has a Wagon R, and she is happy with the service, doesnt mean Hyundai is not as good as Maruti A.S.S in bangalore!
Old 16th February 2008, 09:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

well i do apologize if the state is that damaging!

but after having driven a friend's wagonR and my uncle's santro i felt the wagonR has a notchy and rough GB and engine while the santro impressed me better in comparison! both are well maintained cars with complete service records! the wagonR had clocked around 20K and the santro had 50K approx, hence the impression!

and about the A.S.S we have both a hyundai and a maruti after seeing many service stations of maruti i mean the dealer ones not the authorized local garages, i finally resorted to a local garage! but never felt the need to even point out a think from the hyundai guys they did a good job on the car in every service! except for 1 or 2 times they put in the engine flush which my consent thats all! my M800 suffered a lot of bad service blues and each time i had it serviced they would either ask me to change a part or two that still holds good for next few months!, the car at times was not washed as they usually do it at end and the interiors left uncleaned, and had delayed deliveries! and one i remember they dint change the oil and still billed it though! and noticed it only after a week and so had to ignore it!,may be they ignored the car as it was way too old now! or may be its just bad luck that this kept happening with me!

i guess these garages are filled up with huge quantity of cars hence the poor attention, so i recently chose a garage that is small and services not more than 15 to 20 per day for my swift, and from now i have made it a point to stay and get the car serviced and not leave it there for them to do the job!,

Last edited by rider60 : 16th February 2008 at 09:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed