Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 11:30   #16
BHPian

@iraghava,

So there wont be ABS version of GETZ??

I cant understand how can this be loss for HYUNDAI.its selling like hot cakes i believe.waiting period in cochin is still 45 days

Regards
binoy
Old 16th February 2008, 13:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
1. They launched the Getz CRDi only due to dealer pressure to enter the segment. They had no initial plans to do so until the launch of the Swift D.
They took around 10 months to launch the Getz D after the Swift D, when all they had to do was plonk the engine from the Verna

This attitude of Hyundai will take them no where.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Getz D has a waiting period of 2 months in my area . I requested for a test drive through the website and they contacted me after a week and told me that the will forward it to the coimbatore dealer . But no calls from the dealer yet.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Same story as undead but a rep called me from Bangy the very next day after I made the enquiry. Said a dealer would contact me. A month passed and another rep calls me to inform about situation. He too says a dealer will call within 24hours. This was 2 weeks back and I am yet to get a call.

So, I call up one of the Sales Manager or so for S.India and he confirms a waiting period of 60-75 days and hence no Getz for me.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Last I checked waiting period in Delhi was 2.5 weeks. And yes no plans for ABS as of now.
Old 15th June 2008, 10:39   #21
BHPian

Abs

any updates on the abs for getz crdi - are we expecting an abs variant or has anyone tried getting the getz petrol abs kit onto the crdi ??
Old 15th June 2008, 10:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

I do not think ABS can be fitted aftermarket. That was the feedback I got when I was looking for Getz Petrol. Finally, I went for Getz GLX with ABS.

It seems Hyundai is not at all serious about Getz Diesel, not even a test drive vehicle is available. The answer I got from Hyundai executive was that as the car caters only to a niche segment, they cannot afford to have a test drive vehicle.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have just spoken to DSC Hyundai (Chennai) on getting a new Getz D for me. the quoted OTR is 6.3L. I have enquired about the ABS option, she said she would check with the factory and get back to me by today or tomorrow. Have also asked for a test drive - she has to arrange for a CRDI car...
Old 30th June 2008, 19:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

No ABS :( - Not even if I'm willing to pay a premium...!
Old 30th June 2008, 20:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

yesterday only i gone to HMP chennai for checking out GetZ Crdi.
some 3-4 cars are ready.But i planned for Passion Red/Space Silver Color.
May be booked by this weekend.
OTR 6.29L .No Discounts :(
But can get some freebies from HMP Chennai.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 30th June 2008 at 20:45.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:52   #26
BHPian

The guy at Hyundai Motor Plaza (HMP) told me that Getz D is manufactured only when an order is placed by the dealer. He said "the body is just the same sir... they just plonk in the CRDI engine instead of the petrol and despatch it".

But HMP has a couple of Silver and White Getz Ds in stock as its a company owned outlet. The sales guy ruled out ANY discounts or freebies though (except some mats and stuff). He even said - "GRT group of hotels took delivery of 6 of these 2 weeks back and we gave them NO discounts either"!
Old 1st July 2008, 15:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yesterday only i gone to HMP chennai for checking out GetZ Crdi.
some 3-4 cars are ready.But i planned for Passion Red/Space Silver Color.
May be booked by this weekend.
OTR 6.29L .No Discounts :(
But can get some freebies from HMP Chennai.
Hey I am talking with some in HMP too - but havent come to booking yet. Am pushing hard for ABS, and I told them that I need to TD a Getz D too. Lets see... Lets us know when you book it!
Old 4th July 2008, 23:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...tml#post891573

ABS is standard on all Getz (including 1.5 CRDi) in the UK...!
Old 5th July 2008, 08:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

And here is a link were someone modded his Getz to fit discs in the rear - though the discs are from a crashed Getz that had discs in the rear:

Hyundai klub Slovenija (Source: hyundai-forums)
Old 7th July 2008, 11:57   #30
BHPian

Recently when I was coming back from a morning jog and I saw this free Hyundai service camp. Although generally I avoid such camps and move ahead I was surprised to see his idiocy the Hyundai President present there.

I remembered about this thread and nonchantly walked up to him and asked him why Hyundai was not offering ABS on the Getz Crdi.Here's what followed

Me- Why aren't you offering ABS as an option in the Getz CRDi ?

Hyundai Pres.- What ?

Me- NO ABS in Getz Crdi ? ( At this point I almost thought I would have to use sign language to explain this to him, imagine me gesturing with my foot rapidly pumping an imaginary brake pedal.)

Hyundai Pres. - Huh !

Hyundai Pres. to some s director next to him- No ABS in
Getz Crdi really ?

Director - No sir we will just check sir I think we have this option, the boy does not know about it ! ( some dealer representatives draw me way from the President, almost scared as if I have unraveled something very discrete)

One dealer represntative tells me the same tale that the executive director narrated ro Ishaan(iraghava) about the Getz Crdi selling in very small numbers. However he also added that they were focussing their efforts on the i20 instead.

I talk about the i10 etc with the dealer representative and just as I am about to walk away I see the President leave in a car that resembles a slightly grown up Sonata ( I am later told it is a Hyundai Azera, also known as the Grandeur in some markets). At this moment I thought what a Company head this Lheem is, he knows nothing about his own company !

To cut a long story short chances of the ABS coming as an option are slim, and if you can, wait for the i20.

Last edited by revvedup : 7th July 2008 at 12:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks