Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 13:32   #1
BHPian

Getz Crdi With ABS??

Guys,

I am planning to buy Getz Crdi by march end or April first week.
I heard from few team bhp members that getz crdi with ABS will be available by February end or march.is this true??Please share updates on this if any

should i get the vehicle after the new budget is implemented or before that?Heard there will be tax reduction.Your valuable suggestions on this please.

Regards
Binoy
Old 13th February 2008, 16:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

God only knows
i regularly ask update from my friend working in Hyundai.
As of now there's no sign of releasing GetZ Crdi with ABS
me too eagerly awaiting.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:24   #3
BHPian

I happened to see a Getz Crdi engine bay open on a trip to the showroom. There is no space at all inside to fix the abs gizmo's inside. It was so much populated inside. In case they were able to fix ABS unit inside, the service guys will have a tough time working with engine bay.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:34   #4
BHPian

You mean to say there wont be ABS in Getz Crdi??thats really sad.with that much amount of power power you really need ABS
Old 15th February 2008, 01:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

there will definitely be ABS in getz but the abs version might have a much delayed launch than expected just like it happened with verna!
Old 15th February 2008, 03:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

From what I've been hearing from a while, it seems unlikely that there is going to be a ABS option on the Getz CRDi. I would suggest buying the car as is.
Old 15th February 2008, 09:10   #7
BHPian

i guess, hyundia would provide the ABS in the much awaited i20 which is the face-lifted getz. this could be the reason that the current getz may not get the ABS.
Old 15th February 2008, 15:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

When the car was launched, I learnt from a reliable source in Hyudai that ABS would be launched soon. I do not know when it would be.

In the Getz CRDI thread also, people have been saying that it would be launched soon.
Old 15th February 2008, 15:59   #9
BHPian

I don't understand what Hyundai is doing or wants. Here is one model that people seem to want and they are dragging their feet on it, with pricing, with abs. Weird.
Old 15th February 2008, 16:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

the wait for a car is really terible.i was waiting for my verna for almost nine months after making full payment.i was planning for a viva crdi initially and heard from RELIABLE sources that verna will be launched SOON.i put on hold my purchase and was waiting for months and ended up paying 9 instalments even before my delivery of the car.fortunate enough that i got 20,000 rs as interest for the 7 lakhs given to dealer.and over and above had to arrange a second hand car as i had sold my santro well in advance.but still i dont regret.
my humble request is go for it now,else be prepared for such an event in your case too.
Old 15th February 2008, 16:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

They lost one customer from Tvm
Old 15th February 2008, 16:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

and dont tell me that it was you,OT-jk did you get in touch with tata guys.they were bugging me.lol
Old 15th February 2008, 17:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
and dont tell me that it was you,OT-jk did you get in touch with tata guys.they were bugging me.lol
yes, I did

Heard that if you have good contacts at Cochin then you can get a Getz now, ie,you can order one now.

If Hyundai had atleast provided a test car they would have got some customers now even if there was a waiting period.

This is kind of uncertainity!
Old 15th February 2008, 21:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
yes, I did

Heard that if you have good contacts at Cochin then you can get a Getz now, ie,you can order one now.

If Hyundai had atleast provided a test car they would have got some customers now even if there was a waiting period.

This is kind of uncertainity!
I wonder why Hyundai treat Getz like this. Why do they launch a great product if they do not care about it?

They care well about i10, Santro, Verna etc.
Old 16th February 2008, 00:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I don't understand what Hyundai is doing or wants. Here is one model that people seem to want and they are dragging their feet on it, with pricing, with abs. Weird.
I had a very frank & off the record chat with the Executive Director of Hyundai India recently when I went to pick up my mother's i10. Here's what he had to say:

1. They launched the Getz CRDi only due to dealer pressure to enter the segment. They had no initial plans to do so until the launch of the Swift D.

2. Due to some reasons (loss making mainly, can't divulge details) they are not keen on promoting the car in our market. So while due to dealer pressure they can't withdraw it but to minimise sales they will NOT actively promote it either. You want it, buy it or else leave it attitude.

3. So you guys can safely rule out any equipment-laden versions in the future & should rather hope that there are no further price increases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks