Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 12:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_aheer View Post
Fear Factor - From the word of mouth and seen lots of reviews. Althogh there are some good reviews of TATA indigo also . But the majority of reviews say after three years Tata vehicle started giving problems . Please clarify ( Long term owner please help )

Performance wise I feel Dicor is better then TDI and Swift is above of them only space is concern .

When We sit in swift , Wife feel little uncomfortable on rear seat and my two kids 12 & 5 yr also not enjoying the space as they enjoyed in Indigo and we have always full load of luggauge.
The dicor is a new engine , and there isnt much info regarding it in the long term. the TDI engine has been around for much longer , and people dont have significant issues.

If the rear seat comfort is the deciding factor, the indica/indigo will beat most cars , and the indigo XL will beat ALL cars
Old 19th February 2008, 20:30   #17
BHPian

Well Pankaj ... One can not get everything from a car, you need to prioritize your needs.

Budget 5 -6 lacks, need space, comfort, economy & trusted engine. So if you are not choosing Logan only by looks then it might a big mistake for you, simply because other models suggested above does not have that much good looks that can turn you to over rule Logan.

You can make your Logan to look beautiful by adding spoiler, muffler etc etc., in return you will get a trusted and economical TVFM car. Which has not disappointed a single customer till date (as much I know).

Congrats in advance for your new car!!
Old 20th February 2008, 17:43   #18
BHPian

Wait for Maruti Dzire

Well, I am user of Indica Turbo Dlg for over 2 yrs, I intend to change to Maruti Dzire Zdi this year (subject to approval of looks by wife).

In my opinion Tata cars have become quite reliable & cheap to run but service network and quality is pathetic. Issues are unlikely to get resolved on first visit and expect delays in delivery after service.

My Tata Car dealer in Mumbai take between 2-3 days for full service due to rush.

My parent's own SX4 and the service competence of Maruti dealer is much superior.

I recommend a Tata car if you can do with the anguish of inconsistent car service / workshop job.
Old 21st February 2008, 19:18   #19
pankaj_aheer

Dear all ,

I have worked out with my family and conclude after having Swift test drive .

Waiting for Swift Dezire till march second week as promised by Apra Gurgao . If Dezire is not luanch then I will definately go perfomance wise and little compromise on space issue and Go for Swift .

Many - manay Thanks to all for your valuable time and adivises ..

Old 21st February 2008, 21:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pankaj,

Go for Swift I am sure you will not regret it. Boot is the least used part in the car. I have never used the luggage space in my swift more than 10 time in last 1 year.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:18   #21
BHPian

Is this the car you are waiting for? It seems it will have 1.3 DDis and price may slightly higher from Current Swift D models.

Old 23rd February 2008, 21:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Is this the car you are waiting for? It seems it will have 1.3 DDis and price may slightly higher from Current Swift D models.

That pic is a PS job. The Dezire will look nothing close to that.

I think you should go ahead with the Swift
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:28   #23
BHPian

May be you are right, but read whats given here:

Hot News on 2008 Maruti Suzuki Swift Sedan | Straight Frm The Heart
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

The above pic of Dezire look YUCK! Hope it is not the actual Dezire!

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd February 2008 at 22:28.
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post

That is a photoshop. Here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Scoop pics of the Swift Dezire from Carwale.com. A person called SriVsh has posted it. Due credit for the person. No stealing images.

Old 26th February 2008, 15:19   #26
pankaj_aheer

As many of this forum are having Swift. I want to know from them . What is the experience of Long drive say (400 Km )

Old 26th February 2008, 23:56   #27
BHPian

Hi,

I have myself been looking for a car in the similar budget that you have. I am too much inclined to buy the Indigo CS as its really a better VFM then the Swift. Swift is not as good a car to own as indigo due to the space factor. I am also thinking of the logan which is really a nice car if you can digest the bland looks. That is one of the best diesel cars that I have driven (Given the budget constraint.) As far as waiting for Dezire is concerned, I would say two words for it FORGET IT. Maruti had two months waiting for Swift diesel and this would I am sure would continue with dezire too. So swift is out of contention for me. I am right now thinking between Indigo CS or Indigo Dicor.

Let see which one I buy.
Old 27th February 2008, 10:32   #28
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Dzire, which will replace the Esteem, will be launched in early March. It is expected to tag an invitation price of about Rs 5.2-5.4 lakh onwards for the entry-level diesel model, which could be priced lower than Tata Motors’ direct injection common rail (Dicor) Indigo sedan Rs 5,28,537 (ex-showroom Delhi), currently the cheapest sedan in the market.
here is the link
Maruti to kick off price war with diesel Dzire- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 27th February 2008, 11:32   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can people in this forum who own Indigo TDi/Indica Turbo comment about whether you have issues with pollution, especially getting a PUC certificate?
Just ran my Indigo TDi through a PUC. No problemo.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:52   #30
BHPian

My choice would be the marina..the back seats are rather cramped and uncomfortable..but wot the heck most of the cars in this segment have the same problem..but other wise a good car and IMO looks better than the indigo . If you really dont need the boot space then rather stick to the swift VDI , but i guess there is long waiting period for this one though.

Most Viewed