Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 14:25   #1
pankaj_aheer

Advise Swift or Indigo TDI / Dicor )

Dear All Team Members

My Budget 5.5 To 6.0 Lacs for a Diesel Car.

Swift VDI is my first choice but due to lack of space inclining towards Indigo ( TDI or Dicor ? ). But Then TATA Fear Factor comes in front of me . Logan ruled out due to odd looks. Getz Crdi - availability not known

I visited Apra Maruti Gurgao yesterday . Sales person advise me to wait for Swift Dezire will be Launch in Feb 2008 End.

I told him that is of petrol version but he said both the version will be launch .
I have taken test drive of Indigo Dicor ( overall impressed except noise level) at Dhingra Motors Gurgao. Going tommorow to test drive TDI also as there is no TDI vehicle available for test drive.

Can't wait more then two month's .

We have an expert in this forum and I'm in need of their advise so that I will finalize my second car.

* Althogh There is lot of advises & post related to these types of queries on this forum but I would like to request to mod. please do not close the thread.

Thanks

Pankaj Yadav

Old 18th February 2008, 16:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why Dont you check out the Indica DiCOR. They claim some humungoues F.E figures. I guess you could settle for more space and more better ride comfort for lesser price. THe handling though is not as good as the swift.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:25   #3
BHPian

5.5 to 6 shall give you a lot of choices.
Do u have the new Palio diesel in mind? Fait might just price it lower than the Swift and at that price it makes a good choice.
The new Indigo CS too is a fab VFM (diesel one)
The Swift DZire might be priced close to 6lacs, but do u really need a 'boot' ?
Old 18th February 2008, 16:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

if you need a boot wait till march 2nd week and you can get one more option -dzire.if boot is not a criterion swift would be a good option.indigo was selling like hot cakes as no competition in that segment.logan was not good enough to question the indigo.now that dzire is at the door steps we can assume a good competition is on.
ram
Old 18th February 2008, 16:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

can you please elaborate this tata "fear factor"

while I feel that is does need improvement, it certainly is not a scary experience.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

The TDI is more VFM than the DICOR as far as indigo is concerned.
If you want space but don't care about boot, the Indica DICOR/Turbo or the to be launched Fiat MJD are also options.
Then there is the Indigo CS which is incredible VFM.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

if space is what you want , try the marina . looks better than the Indigo, and just 15k more
Old 18th February 2008, 19:22   #8
pankaj_aheer

Dear All , Thanks for your comments.

Fiat Stile MJD - Status is not known to Tata Dealer when arrives .

Fear Factor - From the word of mouth and seen lots of reviews. Althogh there are some good reviews of TATA indigo also . But the majority of reviews say after three years Tata vehicle started giving problems . Please clarify ( Long term owner please help )

Performance wise I feel Dicor is better then TDI and Swift is above of them only space is concern .

When We sit in swift , Wife feel little uncomfortable on rear seat and my two kids 12 & 5 yr also not enjoying the space as they enjoyed in Indigo and we have always full load of luggauge.

Performance wise I feel Dicor is better then TDI and Swift is above of them only space is concern .

So Gentlemnan I hope that you can understand the confusion i have .

will post review on wednesday after having test drive of all Three vehicles Swift VDI / Dicor / TDI

Old 18th February 2008, 22:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

PLease also have a look at the Marina DiCOR. I guess it could come within your budget after discounts. I think it will give you more than enough space and pretty good Ride comfort and good F.E also.
Old 18th February 2008, 22:48   #10
BHPian

I would suggest you to draw some basic points which you are considering for your new car apart from price factor you mentioned, like you need space, looks, performance, how long you want to retain it, manitenance comfort, fuel cost & economy, use purpose etc etc .... evrything you can think of. This will give us an opportunity to come close to your need.
Old 18th February 2008, 23:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yadavji - i think INDIGO/Marina is a good option since you need good luggage space also

there was a variant called INDIGO - XL - had fancy ads in the TV also and i saw one of them in chennai - it was pretty long and am sure for that length it must be having as much leg room as a skoda superb !
is it still being offered ? could be a good option too
wonder why not many bought it ?
Old 18th February 2008, 23:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

yeah, the indigo is a decent vehicle, but lesser *** and no scorching perforance like swift.

@narayan: For a basic vehicle which costed like almost 7L OTR, people will spend 1L more and go for a verna
Old 19th February 2008, 02:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

if you dont need a huge boot, and if good cabin space suffices then, have a proper look at the Indigo CS TDi!, you might just like the car at that price!
Old 19th February 2008, 11:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

@ pankaj: After reading all the suggestions and your posts, it is advisible to go in for Indigo TDI as you require space, Boot (since you always carry luggage). It is a complete VFM. You may get Freebies along with this. Regarding the *** it is imporving and most of the people does not have complaints about this. It depends on person to person.

If you wait for 1 month, you will have Dzire which I feel may be a good choice. TD both of them and decide.

Last edited by snaronikar : 19th February 2008 at 11:45.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:51   #15
BHPian

I'd say wait for the Dezire, especially if you are concerned about the resale value.

Can people in this forum who own Indigo TDi/Indica Turbo comment about whether you have issues with pollution, especially getting a PUC certificate? I used to own a pre-V2 Indica (Euro I) and after about 3 years of use, I always had issues clearing the PUC check. I used to get the muffler cleaned at the TASC before doing the PUC. It would fail the PUC test otherwise.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
if you dont need a huge boot, and if good cabin space suffices then, have a proper look at the Indigo CS TDi!, you might just like the car at that price!

Last edited by pradkumar : 19th February 2008 at 11:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks