Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
get a maruti800 instead a older dx model with a/c and power steering for that price and hopefully get it from the true value for the added warranty for 1 year, which imo is a more practical option!

the matiz at that price is outrageous indeed!
M800 never came with Power Steering

Are you guys sure that Chevy would provide spare parts for Matiz? I mean parts which are still common would be fine but I believe most of the engine parts are different & so are others like outside RVMs, dashboard, all glass stuff like tail lamps, headlights etc.
Old 21st February 2008, 14:58   #17
BHPian

When the company had shut down, i saw many papers and ads which had clearly mentioned as stock clearance of the cars from the showrooms and the price was 1 lakh. That was for a new car. how can an old car be more than the last price the car had.
Old 21st February 2008, 15:17   #18
BHPian

I was told that these day most engine parts of matiz are made in local industries or imported from east but they are not up to the mark in terms of quality- meaning for every service of 5000km you may have to spend a good amount to replace worn out sub-standard parts. Because you no longer can get original parts , you have to live with this -should you choose to buy a matiz and keep it.
Or if you intend to use it as learning machine and sell soon , be prepared for low/nill resale value by then -unless some other die hard fan like you is willing to buy it.
If you still choose to go with matiz, may be the service manual in this link may help you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post698417
Old 21st February 2008, 16:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

One thing against the M800 and for the Matiz. The Matiz is a very reliable, crashworthy vehicle. Actually at that time one of the main marketing focuses of the Matiz was that it had better security than other cars in the same league.

Actually I heard that Matiz second hand prices have gone up a bit now coz GM is sort of supporting Matiz. Dunno how far this is true.
Old 21st February 2008, 17:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

okay it may be there is no power steering. but then, try and get a m800 in that price range and you should be able to get the latest face lifted version second hand from the true value show room. this i did checkout the last i was there on my zen hunt!
Old 21st February 2008, 18:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

there was this maruti EX 2001 vintage, with zen gearbox - try getting those ones, have heard pretty much fantastic reviews of that set.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
maruti EX 2001 vintage, with zen gearbox -
Zen or Alto Gear box ?? I believe you are talking about the 5 speed one. If yes then anyone who is looking for one should grab it as these are hard to find with great mileage & power.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Zen or Alto Gear box ?? I believe you are talking about the 5 speed one. If yes then anyone who is looking for one should grab it as these are hard to find with great mileage & power.
It's quite true about the power and mileage(in its class) of 5-speed m800 . But what about security(body build aspects) and features/comfort- they are the same as any other m800- you don't even get a rear wiper, which maruti is offering in its exported M800s.
So, a 5-speed m800 is must buy for those who are specifically looking for 800,but never a choice for those looking at likes of matiz/santro-maybe alto of 2001 vintage is good.

OT: just like a 5-speed M800 is for M800 vehicles, so is an alto VX1.1 for alto cars.

@gods-envy
A 62-bhp alto vx1.1 is a must go for those looking for a car between 1-1.5L. In 2007 i saw a very well maintained 2001 Alto Vx1.1 being sold for 1.55Lakh in hyderabad .
Old 21st February 2008, 19:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

yep an Alto 1.1 also serves the purpose quite well but even these are somewhat hard to find but anyday a better option than Matiz
Old 21st February 2008, 19:13   #25
BHPian

@deetee,
i did look around for the Alto 1.1's, even though i am not such a great fan of the Alto....they are very very very hard to find and probably the best Alto ever made by Maruti.
i donno y Maruti stopped making those....
Old 21st February 2008, 19:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey gods-envy,

Looks like I have baught same Red Matiz (for my wife) which you saw last week end.

Saw the car morning 11:30AM monday Feb 18th and after test drive with my friend who is into used car dealer business and baught it home by paying 15,000 cash and balance check amount in the afternoon and completed payment next day and took back the check and cut it.

We noticed on the first day we saw the car and during TD:

1. Front bonnet painted, owner said kids scratched it too much and small Dent also so he repainted it.

2. Fuel Tank has Dent and welded weak silencer which makes small hissing noise (might turn into major issue only after 1 year usage from now) it was broken sometime back, fuel return pipe has some problem (we tanked up the fuel and 2 ltrs Petrol leaked so we made sure pipe has problem). Spare tyre is not used but too old and has cut on it.

Rest all awasome! Lining is perfect. No Major accidents, car with good pickup and good brakes/cluth/engine.

I have decided to buy it because after 1 year usage even if resale value is ZERO I don't mind because I am spending 1.3 lacs for this Matiz with PS, PW(rs 2000-/), AC/heator/Pioneer Cassette player with FM(rs 2000-/), 2 speakers(rs 2000-/), 2 tweetors, brand new 4 tyres (rs 5000-/), battery in good condition and color of our choice (Reddish color) without any major scratches/dents and first owner(used by 2 brothers) with 46,000km ODO hoping my wife will learn excellant driving skills.

Matiz will be driven just inside Bangalore city.

My aim is to buy big Automatic Luxury Sedan for myself and my wife in couple of years. So Matiz fits perfect right now because we will keep this car for our guests once we move to big car. I feel next 5 years we won't have any problem in Bangalore as far spares/sevice goes.

After bargaining I realized owner is not going to come down beyond 1.3 lacs because thats the way he is I can see by studying his background, so decided to settle down.

My wife checked the car and she is happy because it has all loaded features she need.

I checked with my few Mechanic heads I know and they assured me within 2 weeks they can source almost all parts for Matiz(JC road or ZEN etc.. car matching parts). Few parts might turn out costly/cheap based on original/local.

Used M800, Alto were out of the list because its very difficult to get in and out and drive is not good even after paying 1.5 lac.

So I had short listed ZEN, Santro, Matiz but realized first two would cost 2 lacs where Matiz would come at 1+ lac.

I liked Matiz because it had good pick up without AC, good driving position, good space being small car.

Already ordered Italian leather new seat covers (for 4,000/- Red/Yellowish cream combination), Crystal Ganesha Idol(100/-), oil , coolant change, washing etc.. service (1,400/-) done, tomorrow getting my friend polish (550/-) the car so it will shine. Thats it, it will make 1.4 lacs on road for me with accessories and service.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 21st February 2008 at 20:04.
Old 21st February 2008, 20:35   #27
BHPian

Another choice is Brand new India Zeta for 3L with A/C, Power Steering and comfort.
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:15   #28
BHPian

OT: @ravibhat , just out of curiosity- did the earlier owner maintain any service record sort of thing for this matiz? Because authorised workshops are no more for deawoo it may be hard to log every work done, but if service record is still maintained then it is a big plus for you .
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hey gods-envy,

Looks like I have baught same Red Matiz (for my wife) which you saw last week end.

Saw the car morning 11:30AM monday Feb 18th and after test drive with my friend who is into used car dealer business and baught it home by paying 15,000 cash and balance check amount in the afternoon and completed payment next day and took back the check and cut it.

We noticed on the first day we saw the car and during TD:

1. Front bonnet painted, owner said kids scratched it too much and small Dent also so he repainted it.

2. Fuel Tank has Dent and welded weak silencer which makes small hissing noise (might turn into major issue only after 1 year usage from now) it was broken sometime back, fuel return pipe has some problem (we tanked up the fuel and 2 ltrs Petrol leaked so we made sure pipe has problem). Spare tyre is not used but too old and has cut on it.

Rest all awasome! Lining is perfect. No Major accidents, car with good pickup and good brakes/cluth/engine.

I have decided to buy it because after 1 year usage even if resale value is ZERO I don't mind because I am spending 1.3 lacs for this Matiz with PS, PW(rs 2000-/), AC/heator/Pioneer Cassette player with FM(rs 2000-/), 2 speakers(rs 2000-/), 2 tweetors, brand new 4 tyres (rs 5000-/), battery in good condition and color of our choice (Reddish color) without any major scratches/dents and first owner(used by 2 brothers) with 46,000km ODO hoping my wife will learn excellant driving skills.

Matiz will be driven just inside Bangalore city.

My aim is to buy big Automatic Luxury Sedan for myself and my wife in couple of years. So Matiz fits perfect right now because we will keep this car for our guests once we move to big car. I feel next 5 years we won't have any problem in Bangalore as far spares/sevice goes.

After bargaining I realized owner is not going to come down beyond 1.3 lacs because thats the way he is I can see by studying his background, so decided to settle down.

My wife checked the car and she is happy because it has all loaded features she need.

I checked with my few Mechanic heads I know and they assured me within 2 weeks they can source almost all parts for Matiz(JC road or ZEN etc.. car matching parts). Few parts might turn out costly/cheap based on original/local.

Used M800, Alto were out of the list because its very difficult to get in and out and drive is not good even after paying 1.5 lac.

So I had short listed ZEN, Santro, Matiz but realized first two would cost 2 lacs where Matiz would come at 1+ lac.

I liked Matiz because it had good pick up without AC, good driving position, good space being small car.

Already ordered Italian leather new seat covers (for 4,000/- Red/Yellowish cream combination), Crystal Ganesha Idol(100/-), oil , coolant change, washing etc.. service (1,400/-) done, tomorrow getting my friend polish (550/-) the car so it will shine. Thats it, it will make 1.4 lacs on road for me with accessories and service.

Regards,

Ravi.
hey Ravi,
Congrats.

I think we both were more or less in the same boat(same set of preferences regarding drive, ingress, comfort, mileage, cost etc etc), and also going for a small car now and going for a sedan at a later point in time.

Yes, I think its the same car; u bought it from Jayanagar right ? (Jayanagar Auto's)

yeah, i too liked this specific car,did TD a couple of other white Matiz's but somehow liked this better than the rest.

Anyways Congrats again. Enjoy ur drive
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

He gave me all documents inclduing mannuals which has few entries of beginign service, I had mechanics check brake pads etc. and we found every thing is original and replaced on time. He says has taken good care, anyway thats how most of the sellers say.

There are few issues we noticed before we baught this car but thats how it will be used car

I am happy with this car for 1.3 lacs and 10,000/- towards service/wash/seat covers/ car polish which is done now as well.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed