Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 10:11   #16
udaykars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
See one issue with 2008 is that if we start waiting we would end up waiting.lol.If fiat mjd is launched on march 11 punto will follow.Then the splash and the swift sedan.
Aveo 1.4 is a good looking(almost) car with very good interiors.Interiors of all GM vehicles have been too good.
But thats not enough to get the car going.Or else the figures would have told us otherwise.
ram
Hello ram, what you sad is Absolutely right. The more you keep waiting, the more new cars come in. It's like, there will be no end to this waiting

Old 28th February 2008, 13:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Is palio 1.3 diesel scheduled to launch on march 11, Is it official now ? Is this the same engine that comes in swift diesel and Grande punto ? And how do you think the service backup would be ?
Uday, Palio 1.3 MJD would be officially launched on 11-March, do check with the dealers in Hyd about the booking & availability status.
G Punto too will have the same 1.3 MJD engine, and Swift D uses the same 1.3 MJD in the disguise of 1.3 DDiS.

Service in Hyd should be decent, however Fiat owners in Hyd can confirm this.

Last edited by finneyp : 28th February 2008 at 13:54.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:57   #18
BHPian

Hi udaykars
Do Test drive the Fabia before making a decision.
You may like the car more than Swift/Aveo.
Other options can be-
Palio Diesel and Tata Indigo.
There is no harm in test driving all these cars and then arriving at a decision.
You will feel much more satisfied after testin all these cars.
Old 28th February 2008, 16:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aveo 1.4 will be a sweet spot, but considering your monthly usage, that is, 2000 kms, I would say, a Swift Vdi
Old 28th February 2008, 17:51   #20
aks316

if your usage is 2000kms then its better to go for a diesel.. but gm is giving very good offers on aveo as in maintainence and warranty.. and aveo is a better car than swift.. aveo is one of the most underrated cars but its a very good car.. one of my favourite cars.. and its very a good looking car..

Old 28th February 2008, 18:23   #21
BHPian

My dear friend , as soon as i read your lines , i wished if i had your mobile number , because i couldn't wait to reply , please , please just for once , try the swift diesel , and i bet, you would be speechless, i own a red swift VDI and My God ! what a performance ! Hats off to the Fiat Guys for that brilliant engine , everthing is perfect in this car, handling , braking, acceleration ; acceleration is a must feel for those who haven't yet tried the swift diesel , especially between 70 - 120 kmph , push the tacho north of 2500 mark and BOY !! what a feeling ! beyond 2500 mark , the turbo wakes up and suddenly the other people on the road might think , What hit him (you)!! , and above it all , even with 100+ kmph trips , you would get around 20 kmpl in this car , every paisa is worth paid on this car . please do reply me what you feel after test driving it .

sajid
Old 28th February 2008, 19:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

allow me to confuse you further

How about something from the tata stables?

indica/indigoCS ?

the AC, space and resale are covered
Old 28th February 2008, 20:27   #23
BHPian

Uday,
I own a Aveo from last 8 months. i am not against swift while geting my car swift was too in my list.

Both are good cars, but Aveo is a car which is underrated. In fact Aveo is an all rounder car and serves you well.

Feel good factor or owning a sedan works well here. Mileage is a concern in comparison to Swift diesal as Aveo gives me around 13 with AC and 14.5 without AC. i have not found any issues so far in Aveo. Hope this helps you.

Last edited by kamy450 : 28th February 2008 at 20:29.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:34   #24
udaykars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
My dear friend , as soon as i read your lines , i wished if i had your mobile number , because i couldn't wait to reply , please , please just for once , try the swift diesel , and i bet, you would be speechless, i own a red swift VDI and My God ! what a performance ! Hats off to the Fiat Guys for that brilliant engine , everthing is perfect in this car, handling , braking, acceleration ; acceleration is a must feel for those who haven't yet tried the swift diesel , especially between 70 - 120 kmph , push the tacho north of 2500 mark and BOY !! what a feeling ! beyond 2500 mark , the turbo wakes up and suddenly the other people on the road might think , What hit him (you)!! , and above it all , even with 100+ kmph trips , you would get around 20 kmpl in this car , every paisa is worth paid on this car . please do reply me what you feel after test driving it .

sajid
Hello sajid33,
Thank you very much for showing Great interest to my Thread. I am very impressed with your post. I really appreciate that.
Well, i drove a Swift vdi only once, for not more than 1 km. That too in traffic. May be i didn't observe it that well, or should haven taken it on to the open road. I respect your advice, shall test drive it soon and give you the feed back.

And brother, as you own a swift vdi for quiet some time now. I would love to know some information.

1] I have a family of 4. will they fit into it ?
2] As i keep going around a lot in Hyderabad hot summer, powerful Ac is very important. Does it have very good cooling like Baleno ? I can compare Aveo's ac with that of Baleno.

I am eager to hear from you cheers:

Old 28th February 2008, 20:57   #25
udaykars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Uday,
I own a Aveo from last 8 months. i am not against swift while geting my car swift was too in my list.

Both are good cars, but Aveo is a car which is underrated. In fact Aveo is an all rounder car and serves you well.

Feel good factor or owning a sedan works well here. Mileage is a concern in comparison to Swift diesal as Aveo gives me around 13 with AC and 14.5 without AC. i have not found any issues so far in Aveo. Hope this helps you.
Hello kamy450,
Great to see you here. Yes, i read most of your post already. I also read how much you LOVE your Blazing red Aveo. Hey must say, I like your car color . The best part i like about aveo is It's price, powerful A/c, space, and it has a boot. Well, after going through some of Yours as well as other Aveo owners, I test drove both the old and new AVEO'S . I must agree that, there is big difference. The new one has better Gearshift and the A/C is a chiller. Even the power wasn't bad. in fact, i found it good for my driving. Anyhow, the steering was too light and i felt little bit of body roll while taking sudden curves, unlike Fiesta 1.6.
Anyways, what can you expect from a sedan which comes just little over 6 lacks.

My concern is, a NHC dealer told me that, Aveo has a bad suspension system, bad breaking system [ which i also felt not up to the mark], low resale value, Parts wear out real fast.
He also warned me that, GM products have more problems in long run.
Is that TRUE ? what is your comment over Handling and breaking ?
I would be glad, if you could give a detailed feedback on my entire post
Looking forward to hear from you.

Old 28th February 2008, 21:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Uday. THis is what i know.

The FIAT 1.3 is the same engine that is in swift which would be retuned. Not sure about the final techincal specs. The first 50 engines are supposed to be imported from italy for the March 11 launch. THe India Plant might take atleast 2 more months to fully function for the engines. So i guess you would have to wait for atleast 2 months before you get your hands on one. Otherwise you would have to put pressure on getting one of the first 50.

Here are a few links.
Fiat readies 1.3-litre diesel Palio Stile- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Fiat likely to launch diesel Palio Stile in India in March - Automotive Business Review

About the Aveo. It is a very capable car with very good looks both interior and exterior. I'm sure Your family of 4 would feel very comfortable inside. The only problem with the aveo is that it is not a driver oriented car. The gear is notchy and power delivery is not very exciting. If you are not looking for a sporty drive. I guess the Aveo would be a good buy.

On the other hand the Swift Vdi is exciting to drive. Its more driver oriented and delivers great handling. HOwever i feel the ride quality is bad. The tyres size is stupid. (You seriously ned to put money aside for an upgrade as soon as you buy). And to me the all black interiors were not that good. But if you could do with such things the F.E part is great on your pocket.

Have you test driven both cars? I'd saytake a test drive and evaluate based on your priorities.

Last edited by gemithomas : 28th February 2008 at 21:54.
Old 28th February 2008, 22:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

If there's going to be 4 occupants often involving long distance trips then Swift-D might not be the best contender.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Hello kamy450,
Great to see you here. Yes, i read most of your post already. I also read how much you LOVE your Blazing red Aveo. Hey must say, I like your car color . The best part i like about aveo is It's price, powerful A/c, space, and it has a boot. Well, after going through some of Yours as well as other Aveo owners, I test drove both the old and new AVEO'S . I must agree that, there is big difference. The new one has better Gearshift and the A/C is a chiller. Even the power wasn't bad. in fact, i found it good for my driving. Anyhow, the steering was too light and i felt little bit of body roll while taking sudden curves, unlike Fiesta 1.6.
Anyways, what can you expect from a sedan which comes just little over 6 lacks.

My concern is, a NHC dealer told me that, Aveo has a bad suspension system, bad breaking system [ which i also felt not up to the mark], low resale value, Parts wear out real fast.
He also warned me that, GM products have more problems in long run.
Is that TRUE ? what is your comment over Handling and breaking ?
I would be glad, if you could give a detailed feedback on my entire post
Looking forward to hear from you.
Hi Uday,

Aveo's suspension is not bad, in fact new optra and new Aveo are much better cars since GM has focused on quality. GM offers 3 years maintenance plan which would help you in long run. Since those comments were from NHC dealer it would be better to justify them hope you understand.

I am telling you again Aveo might not be best, but the value it offer on the money paid is great so i call it VFM car.

Handling is good and braking i havent noticed any flaw. Yeah when i took car after one month there was some small issue in braking system which was rectified after changing a bush. post that i didnt faced any problem.

I hope i answered you.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:41   #29
BHPian

I own Aveo 1.4 from last 4 months. Before buying I had short listed Fiesta, Aveo and Swift VDi. No doubt VDi is a wonder full vehicle. But i had shortlisted Aveo based on this.

1.My usage will be around 1000-1500 km per month
2.Occasionally i will go for some long ride, then i need a big spacious and stable one. This is the big plus point with Aveo
3.Suspension is much better than swift (don't know much details about bad suspension system as your NHC dealer told)
4.Aveo's interiors are best in the class
5.Maintenance and warranty package looks good.
6.I like the looks

I have covered around 4900 km and not find any major issues till now. My FE is around 11km in Bangalore city.

On the flip side

Resale value, its a big question mark.
Dealers network at some cities.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:30   #30
BHPian

I have recently done a test drive of Swift Diesel here in Pune & to tell you except the seats, everything rattled.

One of my friends also had the same problem with Swift Diesel. Maruti guys fixed it & it was back again within 15 min. while he was driving home.

Learned that this problem starts around 18k readings.

Its sad to see this hereditary problem in all the Marutis though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks