Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 09:30   #31
BHPian

Zak, I don't think that you can simply generalize these things. I read in some other thread, how bad your recent experience with a badly maintained Palio was. To be honest, my case is exactly the opposite. The Palios that I've come across, right from the 2002 model (1.2/1.6) have been in great conditions. In fact I've even seen a diesel Adventures that have covered 1.5L kms and still look great and drives fine.
I always felt that the Palio aged well.
I don't wanna see it go off our roads simply because it is still better than most in its category.

Last edited by sushanthr77 : 7th March 2008 at 09:32.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Between the Indica and the Palio, the Palio sounds like a better option due to being a more FTD car, lower odo reading (need not necessarily be tampered) etc.

I did come across some spirited Indicas during my highway drives and would wonder how the plain-jane diesels could move like that (but I was not aware then that there was a Petrol version also).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias
dude 02 and 35k is not believable there are chjances that the odo is been reversed or he just left the car lying in his gargae idle for a long time both conditions are bad !!!!
Not necessary that it should just be either of the 2 cases. Some people just don't drive that much, due to various reasons. Our M800 did all of 52K kms in 20 years - try beating that.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Palio 1.6 is purely for the enthusiast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Amusing logic! So I assume that you must be applying the same logic to cars like:

01. OHC vtec
02. Ford Ikon 1.6
03. Baleno
04. Lancer

Or is Palio the only enthusiasts car around?
This might amuse you even more. Balenos & Lancers run as taxis. The ikon 1.6 & the Vtec are in a different league. Baleno & Lancer are allrounders, if you know what i mean. This is getting seriously way off topic.

I would certainly not consider any car which has been owned by more than one person, certainly not a palio 1.6. I have also seen umpteen number of palios going for dirt cheap prices, yeah they do look good, but they are beaten. Please take a good mechanic with you & get an honest assessment. Trust me, i know the 2nd hand market.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I would certainly not consider any car which has been owned by more than one person
Agreed. It is very difficult to get a good car (of any make) if you don’t personally know the owner.

Quote:
Please take a good mechanic with you & get an honest assessment
Goes without saying.

Quote:
Balenos & Lancers run as taxis
Even Mercs and BMWs are run as taxis ;-)
Old 7th March 2008, 12:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Between the Indica and Palio 1.6, if you're a crazy driveaholic and prefer to leave burnt rubber on the road behind you, the Palio is the way ahead. Nothing can come close to it in this price.
For every other reason, it is the Indica.
Can you explain more on this part so that it will help the buyer!

I dont find a reason to compare the Palio with the Indica as Palio being a superior in the class offered for the price with Build Quality, Safety, Ride/Handling, Stability on high speeds and especially "NO RATTLES" like the other crappy built cars. There were issues with the A.S.S which the company is working hard to get in control to fix and its not something that can be changed over breakfast time.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:32   #36
BHPian

i think musicman is all the more confused now....
my honest opinion : I had a Palio 1.6 GTX 2001 model, run 45k or something...had to sell it off quick as the previous owner had abused it (and my dad had some trouble driving it)....and since i had overpaid for it already I was in no mood to spend some more to get it repaired...

I sold to a fellow TBhpian and he got it repaired and its now running like a bomb, i heard.

So, to tell u frankly,there is nothing to worry about the spares or the mileag (i used to get 11 in bangalore city driving, 17 on the highway)
and the car is built like a tank...u cannot compare it to an Indica...

I have been so much influenced by the Palio that i might be going for another one soon

Last edited by gods-envy : 7th March 2008 at 12:36.

Most Viewed