Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 21:46   #16
BHPian

Looks like good time is coming for Fiat...lets wait and watch.. fiat is gonna show a great improvement w.r.t ***.. They have already started their process fiat really deserves to be in limelight..
Old 13th December 2008, 16:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsri007 View Post
Looks like good time is coming for Fiat...lets wait and watch.. fiat is gonna show a great improvement w.r.t ***.. They have already started their process fiat really deserves to be in limelight..

With respect to AFTER SALE SERVICE - ***cheers:
Old 13th December 2008, 20:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Depends on the TASS your place has.
I bought by Petra when in Pune and never understood the Fiat bad *** part at all.Servicing was a breeze while in Pune with BU Bhandari and I knew my car was in safe hands with Sameer(Works manager) around.
Since my shift to Chennai,its a different story altogether.I am being told that Concorde at ECR does a good job.Havent given the car for servicing yet there.Tried MyTVS at coimbatore once and I would say its a OK experience(Not good nor was it bad).
pune is very near to the Fiat hub in mumbai. So sales is good
Old 13th December 2008, 20:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The only thing putting us off from buying Palio is the reputation for aftersales service from the Tata dealers.
Can anyone help me out here ?
Do you really need help here?
What Tatas couldn't do in the preceding two decades is unlikely to happen in the near future, LOL!
But then, it seems you are asking because your heart says Fiat! If that be the case, go right ahead and buy it! All is fair in love & war!
It's easy to forgive someone you love!

Last edited by anupmathur : 13th December 2008 at 20:30.
Old 13th December 2008, 21:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Do you really need help here?
What Tatas couldn't do in the preceding two decades is unlikely to happen in the near future, LOL!
But then, it seems you are asking because your heart says Fiat! If that be the case, go right ahead and buy it! All is fair in love & war!
It's easy to forgive someone you love!

I really second u !! well said.. its ok to forgive in love ..lol thats a good one...
Old 14th December 2008, 19:05   #21
JVH
Senior - BHPian

The very fact that you are considering a FIAT car says that you have already liked the car but are having second thoughts about A.S.S.

While the service is improving, the spare parts issue is till a concern. Rajeev Kapoor has replied to many PalioUsersGroup members about the plans to improve this aspect too but their focus is clearly on Linea and Punto.

Having said that and being a palio owner myself, rest assured that you will never be disappointed with the car.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:47   #22
BHPian

Personal experience-i still feel the tvs guys know the palio better than the tata-fiat guys.i have had experience with both-the latter has good service stations,lounge for those waiting to collect their cars etc. but their work has always been wanting in several areas.the tvs guys know the job-they can identify the problems better and repair it but they wont deliver the car on time and also,their service stations are in a bad shape now

I still take it to tvs.it does not matter to me whether i wait in an a/c room,or if they serve me tea while i wait etc.i just want the job done correctly which tvs does better

But rest assured,i feel in A.S.S. maruti,hyundai are still way ahead

Regarding spares,the less said the better!!
Old 14th December 2008, 22:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Listen guys, a little dodgy after sales service can surely be forgiven, when you have rocksta products like Fiat !
Old 14th December 2008, 23:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, there should be an infraction for out of context replies to long dead threads

That aside, lohith says it well. The refrain is about wait courtesy no credit policy of Fiat. What can one do about it.

And Anup ji, honestly, that's completely crap. A.S.S are hygiene factors. What I've seen Suman experience at Autolinks, and "this is my job" at Competent, and nice genuine helpful advice at Apra (I'm not even a customer there) - besides what I kept hearing, is that Maruti/Hyundai means many many more doors to knock on. Period. The rest is just our own prejudices projected onto them.

Besides the occasional supervisor/longstanding advisor, the barely-paid mechanics are pretty much the same everywhere and rotate around. When the deliverer of service is universally average, most products will have similar results. Key is supervisor oversight or contacts (think Suman ji with Dhingra) or just plain making noise.

So if its a secondary car, and can wait for odd parts now and then -then enjoy man. Whether its service with(out) a smile, or whether the waiting lounge is a sham, what matters is what gets done. MSIL/Hyundai do not have sole right over that
Old 15th December 2008, 01:48   #25
BHPian

As already mentioned by the people above, the issue about delay in getting "critical" parts is still there but they have improved considerably in past 2 years. I never felt step motherly treatment at my service centre(Malik, Hyderabad) towards fiats and the regular spares were always available. However I was aware of all the issues before buying the car. I would say that fiat compensates for all these anticipated headaches by pricing their cars low(Palio 1.6 comes for 4.5L, Swift zxi comes for 5.5 L). the price difference and handling of the car were enough to motivate me to go for Fiat. On a different note I will not advise my brother to buy one but given a chance I will buy a fiat again. Its like buying a bullet, you accept it with all its vices.
Old 15th December 2008, 09:12   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I didnt know some guys were still replying to me!! We bought a passion red Hyundai Getz in March itself and has now done 5400 kms.
Old 15th December 2008, 10:57   #27
BHPian

Hi Nikil..

Great goig with getz good choice... ok its that people are replying to u.. Its just that it will not be nice to start a new same old thread.. So since there are few updated on A.s.s. Ppl wanted to use the same thread for awareness... coz today thre are many like trying to decide..
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:55   #28
BHPian

Hi all!
This first post of mine is on the occasion of the delivery of my new Palio MJD (SDE) today. The dealer told me to come after a few days to get the Stereo system promised by Fiat India. My buying decision (in favour of a Palio) was to a great extent influenced by various posts in Team-BHP. I am satisfied with the overall package of the car except for the shocking lack of a left side ORVM. I have not yet been able to find any vendor in Guwahati with a ready stock of that part.
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Hi all!
This first post of mine is on the occasion of the delivery of my new Palio MJD (SDE) today. The dealer told me to come after a few days to get the Stereo system promised by Fiat India. My buying decision (in favour of a Palio) was to a great extent influenced by various posts in Team-BHP. I am satisfied with the overall package of the car except for the shocking lack of a left side ORVM. I have not yet been able to find any vendor in Guwahati with a ready stock of that part.
What ..... no stock even for the new car????
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I am satisfied with the overall package of the car except for the shocking lack of a left side ORVM. I have not yet been able to find any vendor in Guwahati with a ready stock of that part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
What ..... no stock even for the new car????
What is so shocking about it.

SDE variant does not come with an left ORVM, I am sure you would have checked the variant comparison before finalizing your buy.

I was shocked to read your post, it was as if that you were alleging FIAT guys of delivering you the vehicle minus the left ORVM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed