Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 08:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

I am a linea owner from 2009. Believe me the *** has improved leaps and bounds from what it was in 2009.

The *** and Spare parts availability is service centre dependent. I have had horrible experiences with chennai concorde. you can see my tad. they were never skillful and they never stock parts even thought they are a direct subsidiary of TATA. I have had worse times with them . But after i have switched over to VST everything is smooth. Just to get over my apprehension The SA even took me to the stock godown to show me adequate parts stocked. The skill is even better here.

Though palio owners and petra sienna owners suffered a lot , i agree. It should not be compared to ownership of punto and linea as they are phased out cars and these are current cars.

I am sure you can definitely find a service center suitably near you home. there are a lot of threads here on punto and linea (from Bangalore) you can ask them for help to locate the apt *** for you

This song is apt

"and now the times are changin'
look at everything that's come and gone

sometimes when i think about the OLD ***
i think about you wonder what went wrong "
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 17:28   #47
BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

Hi Geeash,

I was actually searching a Fiat owner in Chennai to know about the present service offered by Fiat. I have almost finalized Punto, but I was very much concerned by after sales and the spare parts cost.

Last week VST brought a punto for test drive and the experience was great. The follow up from VST was also good. Initial experience is good but if you can tell me the present condition of fiat after sales, it will be of great help.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am a linea owner from 2009. Believe me the *** has improved leaps and bounds from what it was in 2009.

The *** and Spare parts availability is service centre dependent. I have had horrible experiences with chennai concorde. you can see my tad. they were never skillful and they never stock parts even thought they are a direct subsidiary of TATA. I have had worse times with them . But after i have switched over to VST everything is smooth. Just to get over my apprehension The SA even took me to the stock godown to show me adequate parts stocked. The skill is even better here.

Though palio owners and petra sienna owners suffered a lot , i agree. It should not be compared to ownership of punto and linea as they are phased out cars and these are current cars.

I am sure you can definitely find a service center suitably near you home. there are a lot of threads here on punto and linea (from Bangalore) you can ask them for help to locate the apt *** for you

This song is apt

"and now the times are changin'
look at everything that's come and gone

sometimes when i think about the OLD ***
i think about you wonder what went wrong "
Old 27th August 2011, 18:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Hi Geeash,

I was actually searching a Fiat owner in Chennai to know about the present service offered by Fiat. I have almost finalized Punto, but I was very much concerned by after sales and the spare parts cost.

Last week VST brought a punto for test drive and the experience was great. The follow up from VST was also good. Initial experience is good but if you can tell me the present condition of fiat after sales, it will be of great help.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Hi sridharj. All the best in your car buying process. Good to know that you have finalized on the Punto. I bought a Punto 1.2 Emotion T-Wine from Concorde Motors, Velachery in April, 2011 and the initial experience was nothing short of pathetic. So is their service. After my first service, the car came back with two huge dents on the rear right door and one on the front left door. So I'd advice you to avoid Concorde Motors at all costs and also the Concorde Motors service center at Injambakkam. Go ahead with VST Motors as I had gone to their service station in Mount Road to solve a small niggle with my Punto in my first month of ownership and they did solve the issue within minutes and sounded enthusiastic. The after sales service of VST is excellent. Spare parts cost are also not that high. If you've read some of the Punto ownership reviews you can see that its not a costly car to maintain. I suggest you read Epicenter.rulez review on his 1.3MJD Punto which has covered 80k odd kms to get an idea about the durability of the vehicle.

Here is the link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-review.html

I'd suggest you to go ahead with VST Motors in case you have finalised the Punto. Good luck mate. Hope to see yet another Punto owner soon

Cheers,
Kaushik

Last edited by kaush666 : 27th August 2011 at 18:07. Reason: Included link to review
Old 28th August 2011, 08:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Hi Geeash,

Thanks,
Sridhar
Great to hear that you have finalised a punto . The *** is not as bad as it is being pictured. The VST guys are 1000 times better than concorde. They are skillful. They have all adequate parts stocked. There is nothing to fear about.

Even if you have some problem you can always call mangesh kodalkar and tell him to get things done. After 3 years of my linea ownership me and my friend binze john ( handle bnz jon @teambhp) are known to all top fiat honchos.

You acn always contact us to get anyjobs done. But i would any day reommend you to avoid concorde. You can see their horror story in my thread. ( they first created scratches in my car in 1 st srvice, then they put diesel engineoil in my petrol car, they are plagued byspare parts non availability. they finally put a dent in back bumper when i sent the car for service. that was the last straw to break. so switched over to VST after talking to mangesh and ever since then my experiences are much better. you can talk to Mr.Krubakar the SA at VST if you want any more clear picture. or give me a buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Hi sridharj. All the best in your car buying process. Good to know that you have finalized on the Punto. I bought a Punto 1.2 Emotion T-Wine from Concorde Motors, Velachery in April, 2011 and the initial experience was nothing short of pathetic. So is their service. After my first service, the car came back with two huge dents on the rear right door and one on the front left door. So I'd advice you to avoid Concorde Motors at all costs and also the Concorde Motors service center at Injambakkam. Go ahead with VST Motors as I had gone to their service station in Mount Road to solve a small niggle with my Punto in my first month of ownership and they did solve the issue within minutes and sounded enthusiastic. The after sales service of VST is excellent. Spare parts cost are also not that high. If you've read some of the Punto ownership reviews you can see that its not a costly car to maintain. I suggest you read Epicenter.rulez review on his 1.3MJD Punto which has covered 80k odd kms to get an idea about the durability of the vehicle.

I'd suggest you to go ahead with VST Motors in case you have finalised the Punto. Good luck mate. Hope to see yet another Punto owner soon

Cheers,
Kaushik

You went to concorde even after seeing my horror thread !! surprisng !!

Last edited by geeash : 28th August 2011 at 08:41.
Old 28th August 2011, 10:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
You went to concorde even after seeing my horror thread !! surprisng !!
I did not read much about Concorde. Was hoping to buy the Figo after I cancelled the Swift booking. But then when I was going to Velachery decided to check this one out at Concorde. Was simply stunned by the looks and the space was also good. Got nearly 50k discount and finalized it immediately. Little did I know what I was in store for! Bad luck I guess. The car seems to be doing good so no problems. I hope it continues to be the same.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 28th August 2011, 15:34   #51
BHPian

The thing is I am torn between the Fiat Linea and the VW Vento. My heart says go for the Linea, the only problem is that I will have to most probably go with Concorde motors as their service centre is right across the road for me. Really don't know whether I should risk it and buy the Linea and pray that everything will be ok.
Old 28th August 2011, 15:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
The thing is I am torn between the Fiat Linea and the VW Vento. My heart says go for the Linea, the only problem is that I will have to most probably go with Concorde motors as their service centre is right across the road for me. Really don't know whether I should risk it and buy the Linea and pray that everything will be ok.
Why do you have to go with Concorde??? Why cant you go to a dealer/service center farther away from home to get good service??

I am sorry, but if you want the Linea, not going for it because Concorde is across the road from you seems to be a really stupid reason. As it is, you have to visit the service center rarely, mostly twice a year. So why not go for the car you like, and spend a few extra bucks in fuel costs to get better service.
Old 28th August 2011, 16:19   #53
J.Ravi

My Linea is getting serviced by Concorde Motors, either at Dairy Circle HO or Mysore Road branch in Bangalore. I am fully satisfied with their service. For the third service, I gave 10 out 10 rating in my feed-back. Apart from routine post-service customer care calls from Concorde Motors and FIAT India, I am getting calls regularly from Concorde Motors enquiring about my Linea's performance and advising me to contact them in case malfunction!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th August 2011 at 16:27.

Old 29th August 2011, 12:52   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Your first car & you are only buying it because it is a diesel & (probably) is priced less than other options, think again. My advice is avoid it. I mean if you dont Love FIAT, you do not buy it.. niggling issues will always be there with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Dont go in for the Palio. The problem with the Palio is not so much FIAT, but the fact that its too old now.
=========
These people tend to know much more about the Palio, and its eccentricities, than the Tata dealers who now sell FIAT too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
FIAT is worth it.
I have had my share of taking my car to different service stations to get niggles sorted out. And such has been terror that I have not yet written about the fix yet. Who knows it might fail after sometime and I have to eat my words again.

Will I buy a FIAT again?
Yes.
Thanks for your views and advice guys. It's my heart that wants to go for the Fiat. It's old, yes. It's plagued by spare parts availability, service issues, etc., yes. But it's much more of a driver's car than what other cars in the same range can offer. While my heart says that, my mind says to opt for a safer option in Suzuki or elsewhere. I'm only worried about the small issues coming out of the technical bits of the car. Niggles with seats, windows, upholstry, etc. are something that I can live with. If not this, what would you guys suggest me to get for a budget of 2.5L (used of course). And I'm looking for a diesel since I'm worried about the ever-plaguing fuel price hikes. Am I asking too much for the price?

BTW, can any Palio owner in Chennai give a short feedback about how good/bad the service is for this particular car? VST?
Old 29th August 2011, 15:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Great to hear that you have finalised a punto . The *** is not as bad as it is being pictured. The VST guys are 1000 times better than concorde. They are skillful. They have all adequate parts stocked. There is nothing to fear about.

Even if you have some problem you can always call mangesh kodalkar and tell him to get things done. After 3 years of my linea ownership me and my friend binze john ( handle bnz jon @teambhp) are known to all top fiat honchos.

You acn always contact us to get anyjobs done. But i would any day reommend you to avoid concorde. You can see their horror story in my thread. ( they first created scratches in my car in 1 st srvice, then they put diesel engineoil in my petrol car, they are plagued byspare parts non availability. they finally put a dent in back bumper when i sent the car for service. that was the last straw to break. so switched over to VST after talking to mangesh and ever since then my experiences are much better. you can talk to Mr.Krubakar the SA at VST if you want any more clear picture. or give me a buzz
Thanks for the reply. Your reply has given me huge confidence in going for a fiat.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 29th August 2011, 15:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post

Cheers,
Kaushik
Hi kaushik,

Thanks for the reply. I did go through the thread and it shows how good the product is, I think i will be going for a Punto in September. Is your petrol?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 29th August 2011, 16:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Why do you have to go with Concorde??? Why cant you go to a dealer/service center farther away from home to get good service??

I am sorry, but if you want the Linea, not going for it because Concorde is across the road from you seems to be a really stupid reason. As it is, you have to visit the service center rarely, mostly twice a year. So why not go for the car you like, and spend a few extra bucks in fuel costs to get better service.
I am thankful for your advice, please understand my 'really stupid reason' I am not trying to save a few bucks of fuel costs, I can easily go-to a service center away from home, the reason why I am contemplating to buy from Concorde is that even if I have to visit the service center multiple time I can do so with ease.

Also, I am not considering a Fiat Linea just because it is across the road for me (that is just an added bonus), I generally love the dynamics of the car as I equally love the pulling power of the VW Vento, hence the confusion of which car to buy.

Going by the reputation of Concorde service from this forum I guess it would be advised to stay away from them for trouble-free ownership.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I am thankful for your advice, please understand my 'really stupid reason' I am not trying to save a few bucks of fuel costs, I can easily go-to a service center away from home, the reason why I am contemplating to buy from Concorde is that even if I have to visit the service center multiple time I can do so with ease.

Also, I am not considering a Fiat Linea just because it is across the road for me (that is just an added bonus), I generally love the dynamics of the car as I equally love the pulling power of the VW Vento, hence the confusion of which car to buy.

Going by the reputation of Concorde service from this forum I guess it would be advised to stay away from them for trouble-free ownership.
As far I get it there are a couple of other dealers in Chennai who offer very good service for FIAT.

So in my view, service should not be a point in choosing between the Vento and the Linea. Buy the car which you actually want.

And if it is the Linea, avoid Concorde, despite proximity, and go to another dealer to get a better experience.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a lot has been said about the horrible resale value of Fiat diesels in India. How bad is it really ?

Say a 5 year old punto 90hp bought at 8 lacs, with about 50k on the odo and a well maintained car,how much will it go for ?
Old 19th September 2011, 16:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys, a lot has been said about the horrible resale value of Fiat diesels in India. How bad is it really ?

Say a 5 year old punto 90hp bought at 8 lacs, with about 50k on the odo and a well maintained car,how much will it go for ?
Not more than 2 lakhs IMO. The market is averse to Fiat in general, and 90 hp punto wont find many takers among the enthusiasts either, who would generally pay a premium for decent power.

Take this from an ex Palio 1.6 owner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks