Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 21:42   #76
BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

^^Tata is a joint alliance and TVS was the dealer. I don't understand what you mean by Fiat never serviced their own cars. All cars are serviced at dealership, with TVS comparison no manufacturer services their own cars. TVS is additionally a major automotive component manufacturer, probably this adds to the confusion.

Coming to the topic of present day Fiats, being an ex-GTX owner, none of the present ones meet my expectations. There have always been the X-factor with previous Fiats, what with no car being able to match GTX power till this day (in its segment, including Polo 1.6). It was sturdy, built like a tank, ride and handling top-notch, terrific space, huge difference in all these areas compared to competition. Present ones share the national diesel engine but Fiat is the slowest amongst peers due to outdated gear box. As for build and handling, there also exists Skoda, VW, Ford, etc. in the segment(typical Euro manufacturers), negating all the X-factor of old. Add to it, the perception of quality in Punto is less than my 2004 Palio, both in and out. Being a hard core Fiat and Ferrari fan, when time came to change the Palio, reluctantly had to shift camp to VW for the Polo 1.6 and am not disappointed one bit.

From then to now, one thing has remained constant and its the bad A S S.

Last edited by v.anand : 20th October 2011 at 21:52.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 23:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

Ok so it was the TVS dealership which gave them a bad name. I was under the impression that it was an alliance with TVS like Tata today.
Old 21st October 2011, 00:56   #78
BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

In my experience, the best service days of my GTX was with Sundaram Motors, Bangalore, a subsidiary of TVS. They were no non-sense, no sugar candy speaking, honest efficient A S S with the only problem of waiting time for part supplies. From the time Tata took over, my experience with Concorde in particular and authorised in general became bitter. They handled the complicated Fiats just like simple Indicas and thereby messed everything due to lack of technical know-how. Sundaram displayed integrity, Concorde stressed on target profit goals and thereby replaced unnecessary parts making it an expensive affair.

Come to present, my service with Skoda has been fairly reasonable and fingers crossed for the VW. Thankfully I don't need to worry about Tata-Fiat service anymore but on the positive side, it makes one strong and bold to explore options outside of trusted Maruti and Hyundai purely from the maintenance POV.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 11:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

It is the Tata technicians that are the weak link and leave many owners unhappy even now.

But with many owners reporting separate SAs for Fiat cars now I hope the situation improves.

In this case also I wonder why Fiat hasn't employed its own engineers to service their cars. This is what I meant in my previous post, may be I wasn't clear
Old 18th November 2011, 17:28   #80
BHPian

TATA service is pathetic. But Fiat has announced that it will come on its own branded service centers in 2012. So you may try to give a shot.
Old 28th November 2011, 20:38   #81
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Request for urgent help.

My friend's Brother in Law booked Tuscan Wine MJD E+ on October 29th,(for 7.63 OR), at Aadhya Motors Bangalore, he wanted October make , they agreed to give him either October or Sep model. He wanted to take delivery on 3rd week of November as he had to go to Italy for 10 days.

We wanted to do PDI on 12th , and hopeful of getting delivery by 18th. He finished loan processing on 10th of Nov itself and made remaining payments. But they did not bring the vehicle to show room, said it is at Hoskote - their stock yard, it will come by 14th.
Now the real problem, the vehicle which they wanted to offer was June make (FMZ) . They are saying FIAT is not manufacturing any Tuscan Wine from June, so they can give this only. They have booked it after we made booking and fiat only sent June mode. This they are telling after all payments made and just before the day of registration. They did not even hint while booking. His 1st EMI starts from Dec.
They even claiming that fiat is coming up with new model, and rates are increasing, for that he has to cancel and re book it again if he doesn't want this model. Their earlier promised delivery was 3rd week of Nov, but till now they haven't delivered .

Can anyone answer this? This information is quite urgent.

1) Has Fiat stopped Tuscan wine?
2) How good to buy June model without further discounts?
3) Has anyone bought Oct or Sep make Tuscan Wine model?
4) Is it good to wait for new model?

Please reply?
Old 28th November 2011, 21:00   #82
BHPian

Clearly the dealer doesn't seem to be very clean about his approach.
6 months old car in the yard and I argue you to either look for some other color (relatively newer oct/nov make) or push for further discount.

New model will be more like a mild cosmetic make over. I don't think Fiat will increase the prices considering the flagging sales it is witnessing.

Personally I would like you wait for the 2012 model. Its not too far away. With little bit of extra premium (if they choose to increase the price) you will having that peace of mind.
Old 28th November 2011, 21:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
They are saying FIAT is not manufacturing any Tuscan Wine from June, so they can give this only. They have booked it after we made booking and fiat only sent June mode.
I think this can be easily confirmed by any Tata-Fiat service station. I mean, not just about availability of Tuscan Wine, but also if the vehicle was invoiced by Fiat after you booked. Hopefully some of our members who have good contacts in any of the service centres can help.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone answer this? This information is quite urgent.

Please reply?
1. From what I know, Fiat has stopped production of both Punto and Linea. They may be launching both with minor facelift in Jan'12.

2. As long as you do a thorough PDI, that should be fine. I would suggest to negotiate further for the discounts since its June.

3. To my knowledge, No. Not any other color too.

4. There may not be major facelift happening and also I heard that Fiat is planning to bring down the discounts from Jan'12. If you wait, you may end up paying 20k+ more at least.
Old 29th November 2011, 00:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
3. To my knowledge, No. Not any other color too.
My friend has bought a Sept '11 manufactured 90HP Punto - colour is medium grey.
Old 29th November 2011, 08:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he wanted October make , they agreed to give him either October or Sep model.

We wanted to do PDI on 12th , and hopeful of getting delivery by 18th. He finished loan processing on 10th of Nov itself and made remaining payments. But they did not bring the vehicle to show room, said it is at Hoskote - their stock yard.

Please reply?
I was told the same thing when I went there to test drive the TJet. It is now confirmed that what ever model you buy in the Fiat India line up, it will be made in May or June. Cars were not manufactured after this as they already had enough in their inventory.

Why were remaining payments made without doing a PDI? This was not a good call.

I was told the stock yard was just 2km from the showroom.

It should be safe to buy a car manufactured in June. Just do a very detailed PDI.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:38   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I was told the same thing when I went there to test drive the TJet. It is now confirmed that what ever model you buy in the Fiat India line up, it will be made in May or June. Cars were not manufactured after this as they already had enough in their inventory.

Why were remaining payments made without doing a PDI? This was not a good call.

I was told the stock yard was just 2km from the showroom.

It should be safe to buy a car manufactured in June. Just do a very detailed PDI.
Sandeep, I doubt, because in team-fiat forum, a guy posted saying he bought NOV manufactured TW Active, VIN number with LMZ.
Anyhow today we are going for PDI, will decide after that. If everything looks fine, then we will bargain further.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:56   #88
BANNED

Re: FIAT service...

Please give me the name of this FIAT garage in Mysore.
Regards,
-Ram
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:40   #89
BHPian

Guys...I got my 90 hp punto in jun this yr, manufactured in may 2011. It took almost 5 weeks from booking date till they actually delivered it though I got the vin soon after my booking.
Suggest you to call up fiat helpline or their registered office in mumbai to enquire about the same.i don't see any harm in buying June make so far color fabric and plastics are intact...please do a thorough pdi
Old 19th January 2012, 23:24   #90
BHPian

Hi All,

This is currently on my radar as I am planning to buy a Punto in a few months. I noticed that Fiat has become really aggressive with the advertisements, the ground clearance for both cars has been improved and the first Fiat Cafe has been launched in Delhi.

However, has the sales/service experience changed? Also, is Fiat planning on going solo for the service?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks