Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 07:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

I think you should go for it, drove Linea other day and the car is a rocker. i dint feel i was driving a diesel car! i always felt that tata service has been improving and very liveable i know many complaining about Maruti service....

i think Fait carsa have that magic in them, go for it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Hi All,

This is currently on my radar as I am planning to buy a Punto in a few months. I noticed that Fiat has become really aggressive with the advertisements, the ground clearance for both cars has been improved and the first Fiat Cafe has been launched in Delhi.

However, has the sales/service experience changed? Also, is Fiat planning on going solo for the service?
Old 14th February 2012, 12:07   #92
BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

It might be little late but wisdom is never late ,so if are still diffident i say go take the plunge and become a punter ,Being a punto owner i assure you that you wont regret it
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think you should go for it, drove Linea other day and the car is a rocker. i dint feel i was driving a diesel car! i always felt that tata service has been improving and very liveable i know many complaining about Maruti service....

i think Fait carsa have that magic in them, go for it!!!
Old 16th February 2012, 02:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

why FIAT has over priced 2012 Punto so much :( i found that Dynamic Diesel costs 7.30L OTR in Karnataka. plus 80K for Emotion. 8L OTR for top end hatch with not so great A.S.S! that really too much IMHO. yes car is good but is it really worth paying so much for the car. at least 2010 2011 versions were value for money. But 2012 version is simply over priced IMO.
Old 16th February 2012, 08:05   #94
BHPian

Hi,
The new Punto and Linea are now coming with enhanced ground clearence of about 193 mm and 185 mm respectively. How far the improved ground clearence is helpful in handling bad roads. Will the Linea be able to handle bad roads as well as the SX4 does. Can the ground clearence of the linea be still increased by changing to wider spec or higher profile tyres. Please clarify.
Old 16th February 2012, 08:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
why FIAT has over priced 2012 Punto so much :( i found that Dynamic Diesel costs 7.30L OTR in Karnataka. plus 80K for Emotion. 8L OTR for top end hatch with not so great A.S.S! that really too much IMHO. yes car is good but is it really worth paying so much for the car. at least 2010 2011 versions were value for money. But 2012 version is simply over priced IMO.
Correct, the prices have gone up. But considering that the current 'Dynamic' is the old Emotion with all its kit and the current 'Emotion' is the old EP, the price increase is only incremental and not substantial. And there are discounts as well. Try for the financial year end offers.

The car makers are milking the Diesel hatch market. Most of the B+ Diesels are quite expensive and in the same territory. Ironically, I find many Diesel sedans priced better now.
Old 17th February 2012, 01:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Correct, the prices have gone up. But considering that the current 'Dynamic' is the old Emotion with all its kit and the current 'Emotion' is the old EP, the price increase is only incremental and not substantial. And there are discounts as well. Try for the financial year end offers.

The car makers are milking the Diesel hatch market. Most of the B+ Diesels are quite expensive and in the same territory. Ironically, I find many Diesel sedans priced better now.
thanks for the input. found some really nice details here on Punto thread. yes looks like car is well priced but some how i feel FIAT should have made it VFM hatch like Figo/Vista. Especially when Punto shares floor with Vista/Manza it looks overpriced for most of indian buyers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-286.html

Btw, totally agree that the some diesel hatch look better priced when i look at B+ segment cars. Now with proposed tax hike on diesel cars (i really hope it doesn't happen), then these diesel car OTR are going to be ridiculous compared to petrol ones.
Old 17th February 2012, 02:34   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy
Dealers have already started offering close to 30k discount for the 90hp model, within a month of its launch. These consists of free insurance and corporate discount.

FIAT should have corrected the pricing rather than giving discounts so soon after launch.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 12:04   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dealers have already started offering close to 30k discount for the 90hp model, within a month of its launch. These consists of free insurance and corporate discount.

FIAT should have corrected the pricing rather than giving discounts so soon after launch.

I doubt the 90ho is the facelift model. IIRC, only 75hp models are sold now. The 90hp and the tjet is rumored to get a facelift later.

So the dealer might just be clearing off old stocks. But i do agree, it is very overpriced.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:17   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Especially when Punto shares floor with Vista/Manza it looks overpriced for most of indian buyers.
Sorry to disagree, Punto does not share platform with Vista/ Manza; Manza shares the same assembly with Linea. But can't compare a Vista with a Punto just because they have same engine, just try Vista's clutch and Punto's, I bet you will never get inside a vista again. Punto, Vista and swift use same multijet engine but still there is a BHP and Torque difference in them, Punto has higher numbers in both. And if you say Punto is overpriced and how will you justify i20 Price?
Old 17th February 2012, 12:27   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I doubt the 90ho is the facelift model. IIRC, only 75hp models are sold now. The 90hp and the tjet is rumored to get a facelift later.

So the dealer might just be clearing off old stocks. But i do agree, it is very overpriced.
Punto 90 HP is the 2012 facelifted version. Model name is '1.3L Advanced Multijet Diesel 90HP emotion'. Same has been updated in the website as well. It has got the same 185mm ground clearance as the Emotion and Dynamic variants of Punto. Infact - features list is now exactly same as 2012 Emotion models. I doubt it will get another refresh in March. (I believe only TJET will be refreshed in March since its the only version left out)

TJET is NOT present in the 2012 range though. Website has been update to clearly state the below info -
Quote:
Disclaimer: Linea T-Jet and Linea TJet plus - Limited cars and color options may be available. Request to check with concerned dealer on availability and prices. Cars would be manufactured in 2011. New features and tech specs of Linea 2012 may not apply to these cars.
Either the model has been discontinued, or the rumours of a March facelift are true. I believe the latter since the website is still updated for Linea TJET. (with added disclaimer above).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2012 at 12:31.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:41   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
And if you say Punto is overpriced and how will you justify i20 Price?
Its easy to justify i20's price
1) Superior quality
2) Much better drivability
3) Superior Service
4) Parts easily available
5) Better resale

People can go on forever about how the punto is dynamically superior compared to the i20, but the bottom line is that, the general public seem to be least bothered about this. the sales figures speak for themselves.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
1) Superior quality Seen many i20 dashboards rattle like anything + steering issues
2) Much better drivability Best of luck with that.
3) Superior Service Kind of agree
4) Parts easily available Same for Punto, in my 32000kms, though I hardly changed any parts, but never seen anything out of stock
5) Better resale Those who own Punto, never intend to sale it

People can go on forever about how the punto is dynamically superior compared to the i20, but the bottom line is that, the general public seem to be least bothered about this. the sales figures speak for themselves.
There is a difference between General Public opinion and from a BHPian. My other answers are in Bold. Don't want to get into a long discussion, but as a Punto owner I never faced issues with After Sales & Support.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 13:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Superior quality
2) Much better drivability
3) Superior Service
4) Parts easily available
5) Better resale

The Punto scores over the the I20 in terms of ride quality, comfort, braking, and pricing, but the reason people go for the I 20 is the fear of bad after sales and service. Thats the real reason for the Hyundai I20 & Maruti Swift models to do better than the Fiat.

I can assure you that if the Punto was from the Maruti or Hyundai stable, it would do far better numbers even if the price was hiked up by another 25k.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the input. found some really nice details here on Punto thread. yes looks like car is well priced but some how i feel FIAT should have made it VFM hatch like Figo/Vista. Especially when Punto shares floor with Vista/Manza it looks overpriced for most of indian buyers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-286.html

Btw, totally agree that the some diesel hatch look better priced when i look at B+ segment cars. Now with proposed tax hike on diesel cars (i really hope it doesn't happen), then these diesel car OTR are going to be ridiculous compared to petrol ones.
Just read a few days ago in the paper that they are planning to standardise tax rates for cars all over India. Assuming you then live in a place like Karnataka which has the highest tax rate for anything in India, this is a good deal. Wait for the pricing to reduce and then buy it. Just see what the standardised tax rate means for where you live and then decide if you need to wait or buy a vehicle now.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Superior quality Seen many i20 dashboards rattle like anything + steering issues
2) Much better drivability Best of luck with that.
3) Superior Service Kind of agree
4) Parts easily available Same for Punto, in my 32000kms, though I hardly changed any parts, but never seen anything out of stock
5) Better resale Those who own Punto, never intend to sale it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
There is a difference between General Public opinion and from a BHPian. My other answers are in Bold. Don't want to get into a long discussion, but as a Punto owner I never faced issues with After Sales & Support.

1) I agree the steering rack is an issue(not in my car after an initial fix). Never heard even one rattle from my i20 yet.
Also, I was referring to overall build and plastic quality. Just compare the trim bits and rubber parts of punto and i20 and you will know,

2) yes, the i20 is much more drivable than the punto diesel, which literally needs to be whipped to see any action in the low end, and is disturbingly loud when pushed. My best friends owns an emotion pack. Have driven it for more than 10k kms, so i know what im talking about. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

4) You may not have had issues, but fiat as a whole, needs to pull up its socks wrt service. I am facing huge issues finding parts for my 2 palio s10's, while my friends santro/maruti/etc of similar vintage have no issues. (eg- im waiting since 3 weeks for a timing belt tensioner for my Palio s10, even after requesting several different sources)

5) Please man! Post something valid! what you have just stated makes absolutely no sense! And just ask palio owners, even if you want to retain the car forever, FIAT will do all it can to ensure you cant keep it (read spares, service, etc)

Btw, i spotted these vehicles for sale, aren't these puntos?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used/Fiat/Punto/

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale

That's 30+ puntos for sale, just with a casual 2 min search. So please be more careful when you make such statements.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2012 at 00:46. Reason: AGAIN incorrect quote tags. Please ensure proper quote in future
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks