Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 02:23   #46
BHPian

A.S.S - So hyundai and MUL!! a little OT but will recount an anecdote here.. 2 people I know..one had a Siemens washing machine which he paid over 20K to get and the other got a LG considerably lesser.. The LG one promptly broke down within a few months.. customer care was superb and an LG rep was at home the next day and fixed I guess free of cost.. well Siemens has been running for more than a year now and taking all abuse.. and Service center for Siemens I havent seen one.. LG has some niggling prob or the other every now and then but customer service - "wow" says my friend. So next time will he go for a LG or Siemens.. ?? LG ofcourse best customer service u know..but what abt Siemens which has no niggles.. no proper service u see... I guess thats the Indian mentality and the Koreans are bang on in their customer research.
Old 16th March 2008, 03:05   #47
BHPian

Nice one Nimz. Loved the way you have put across your view
Old 16th March 2008, 08:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
What's the exact value of this discount on Spark that was offered in the past? 1.0 LT w/o the opt pack = Rs. 407000 now.
I got the LS version, during 50K discount period for 3.75L OTR Bangalore. If I remember correctly the LT versions was about 25K more than the LS version. Hence the current price levels of spark are within the 10K range compared to the 50K discount period.
Old 16th March 2008, 08:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Either the prices in Bangalore are different from rest of India
The prices in Bangalore are indeed higher when compared with most other places in India due to the high road taxes.

Quote:
The on-road price of Spark 1.0 LT (w/ the optional pack) and i10 Magna, today, is exactly the same. Rs. 4,54,000.
Your figures are off the mark as per their websites. Following are the Ex-showroom prices in Bangalore

i 10 Magna (Solid)390247
i 10 Magna (Metalic)393860
i 10 Magna O(Solid)463856
i
10 Magna O(Metalic)467467

Spark LT - 378675
Spark LT + Opt pack - 412650
Spark LT + Opt pack (With airbag) - 424350

Quote:
or I am a poor enquirer.

Last edited by Lord Lucan : 16th March 2008 at 08:25.
Old 16th March 2008, 10:15   #50
BHPian

The i10 Prices you mentioned are pre-budget prices. The current i10 prices in bangalore are.

i10 Magna - 4.54
i10 Era - 4.24
Old 16th March 2008, 10:15   #51
BHPian

A.S.S -- It isn't the only factor

A.S.S is very important. agreed. There are many more factors that needs to considered in addition to that. One can surely find the value for money in a SPARK when compared to i10. Hyundai, on my opinion, is always at a higher end for the features they offer just for the name in the sub continent.

GM is a proven vehicle and one can invest in a GM car for its reliability and good built and lesser known issues with the car. I am sure Hyundai cant match the smoothness in drive of a SPARK.

Take a test drive of both the vehicles and I am sure, any body looking for a silent performer would fall in Love with the SPARK.
Old 16th March 2008, 17:14   #52
bkm
BHPian

I for one took test drive of i10 as well as spark. Spark ride quality is BETTER.
Old 16th March 2008, 19:41   #53
BHPian

@Lord Lucan: Guess what! Spark 1.0 LT (w/ opt pack) is costlier than i10 Magna (Metallic) in Bangalore!!

This is of course, if we include the cost of 'cashless offer' of GM which actually costs Rs. 10,000.

I repeat: Cost of Spark 1.0 LT w/ opt. pack (without the cashless offer cost) = cost of i10 Magna = Rs. 4,54,000.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

I would opt for i10. Cant comment on Spark as i have not TD it. But i heard its quite good !!! But i would still go for the i10!!
Old 16th March 2008, 21:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsajjanraj View Post
I am sure Hyundai cant match the smoothness in drive of a SPARK.
The i10 is definitely the most refined car available at this price. The NVH levels are very good indeed. It's hard to realize that the engine is running at idle. The interiors are awesome for the segment and the ride is good.

On the other hand the Spark maybe more peppy to drive. The i10 is not as peppy to drive as the Santro but the performance is not bad either.

IMO, the i10 is the better buy if u can afford it. On a budget though, I'll prefer the Spark.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Nice one Nimz. Loved the way you have put across your view
I remain your humble servant...
Old 17th March 2008, 04:38   #57
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
The i10 is definitely the most refined car available at this price. The NVH levels are very good indeed. It's hard to realize that the engine is running at idle. The interiors are awesome for the segment and the ride is good.
The i10 has an all-new suspension and the tyres are of higher profile (155/80 as compared to the Santro's 155/70). Both of these factors should improve ride quality. The engine is a tweaked and improved version of the Santro's. Should be more refined and offer better FE.
Quote:
On the other hand the Spark maybe more peppy to drive. The i10 is not as peppy to drive as the Santro but the performance is not bad either.
Both the Spark and i10 do 0-100 kmph in the range of 15.5 secs, slightly slower than the Santro's 14.66 secs. Personally, I don't think that is that much of a big deal on our roads. Heard that the i10 export version should be released with 1.2 lit engine by the end of the year. Should offer better pickup and top speed, but FE might drop. There is another thread on i10 diesel, which is also worth considering.
Old 17th March 2008, 10:53   #58
BHPian

i10

Hi, - My recommendation will be to go for i10 for the simple reason of being a new and technoligically more advanced car. The interios are superb and the car has ease of driving. - Thanks.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:29   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
A.S.S - So hyundai and MUL!! a little OT but will recount an anecdote here.. 2 people I know..one had a Siemens washing machine which he paid over 20K to get and the other got a LG considerably lesser.. The LG one promptly broke down within a few months.. customer care was superb and an LG rep was at home the next day and fixed I guess free of cost.. well Siemens has been running for more than a year now and taking all abuse.. and Service center for Siemens I havent seen one.. LG has some niggling prob or the other every now and then but customer service - "wow" says my friend. So next time will he go for a LG or Siemens.. ?? LG ofcourse best customer service u know..but what abt Siemens which has no niggles.. no proper service u see... I guess thats the Indian mentality and the Koreans are bang on in their customer research.
Neat analogy, Nimz. I stretched my budget for a Siemens EPABX....best I have owned yet. It is a crucial communications tool that has not had a single day offline since installation. But the service absolutely sucks. In fact, it doesn't exist.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Siemens has been running for more than a year now and taking all abuse.. and Service center for Siemens I havent seen one.. LG has some niggling prob or the other every now and then but customer service - "wow" says my friend. So next time will he go for a LG or Siemens.. ?? LG ofcourse best customer service u know..but what abt Siemens which has no niggles.. no proper service u see... I guess thats the Indian mentality and the Koreans are bang on in their customer research.

Great point.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks