Old 18th March 2008, 00:03   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Nimz, you are now a celebrity of sorts
wow... feels good!
Old 30th March 2008, 00:28   #63

Guys,

Today I have finalized on i10 and left the idea of buying spark. I personally liked Spark's driving experience better than that of i10 but that does not mean i10 is bad. Overall, i10 feels more like my first car.

Well there is a price difference of around 40K (Spark LT and i10 Magna) but I give 10K to interiors (pretty arbitary, huh?), 10K to comfort and gizmos and I assume that after 5 years, i10 should sell atleast 20K more than Spark.

That evens out both the cars. Secondly, I plan to keep car for 5 years so its just 8K an year and 675 odd a month.

Furthermore, Spark looses on service networks. Somebody told me GM has only 70 (its March 29, 08 today) while Hyundai has around 1000 service centers. Can somebody comment on the figure?

Cheers!
Vishal
Old 30th March 2008, 14:15   #64
bkm
BHPian

Quote:
Furthermore, Spark looses on service networks. Somebody told me GM has only 70 (its March 29, 08 today) while Hyundai has around 1000 service centers. Can somebody comment on the figure?
It's wrong. GM has already got 109 service centers spread over all impportant cities. They have plan to increase the no to 139 by Dec 2008.

Quote:
Well there is a price difference of around 40K (Spark LT and i10 Magna)
I know that for base model with AC and power steering (for spark it would be PS model and for i10 , it would be Era) , the difference in cost in Mumbai is still 80k , a huge sum which does not justify buying i10. One thing is established that engine quality and ride quality of spark is better than i10. In 5th gear it is really utterly butterly motion of the car .
Finally choice depends on individual.
Old 30th March 2008, 14:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

i10 is a good option but the 45k difference in price is too much.Add to that the discounts on spark and Nil discounts on i10 makes the gap even bigger.I would prefer the spark over i10 for the practicality purpose.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 15:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

concur with ram.
plus you're not a touring person (in which case, choose sumo!) so GM would have decent service (unless you're unlucky) in ambala/chd.

plus 20k difference today = 5 years later ?? if invested

but respect your emotions winning over logic!
Old 31st March 2008, 15:17   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
i10 is a good option but the 45k difference in price is too much.Add to that the discounts on spark and Nil discounts on i10 makes the gap even bigger.I would prefer the spark over i10 for the practicality purpose.
ram
Well, I think I need to do some reconsideration.

The 40K difference is after all discounts! Somebody mentione 80K difference in Mumbai. That's seriously huge. Not sure what could cause that difference.

-Cheers,
Vishal
Old 31st March 2008, 15:57   #68
bkm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiclets View Post
Well, I think I need to do some reconsideration.

The 40K difference is after all discounts! Somebody mentione 80K difference in Mumbai. That's seriously huge. Not sure what could cause that difference.

-Cheers,
Vishal
With Spark PS model you will not get front power windows and body color bumpers which are there in i10 Era , but a saving of 75-80K is there with spark PS , which has essential things like Power steering and AC .
Old 31st March 2008, 22:00   #69
BHPian

I think price comparision has to be between models of same features. Why are we comparing Spark low end model with I10 high end model? I think Spark PS need to be compared with I10 D-Lite
Old 1st April 2008, 10:38   #70
bkm
BHPian

Quote:
I think price comparision has to be between models of same features. Why are we comparing Spark low end model with I10 high end model? I think Spark PS need to be compared with I10 D-Lite
The base model of i10 D Lite is without power steering . Comparision between Spark PS and i10 Era is not totally unfounded. What you miss is only front power window.It is up to someone if he wants to put 75K-80K more for power windows(front). Even with respect to spark LS , slightly more equipped than Era , the difference in cost is minimum 57K
Old 1st April 2008, 12:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

This price difference is the reason why i10 is not picking sales with an exception in January 08.I couldn't reason why this huge a price difference for similar cars.
If it was me i would have gone for Spark PS and would fit a power window for the front.
But its individual taste -the point is whether your heart rules or the mind.
ram
Old 4th April 2008, 09:28   #72

Well! I listened to my mind and soon my heart followed and I've booked Spark LS instead of i1-0 Magna. Saved around 70K!

The funny thing that happened was that I went to all three Hyundai dealers on March 31 and after lot of haggling decided to book i10 Magna Blushing Red. I have him a check of ~89K and 300K as security. The rep wanted to close the deal on the same date and kind of forced me to get the loan from his guy only. This made me uncomfortable as I wanted to go with nationalized banks and then he first returned my three lakhs check and then took my 89K as booking amount. As it was too much and there was no need of booking as such, I took that check back too.

Came home, did some plain unemotional math this time and then bang! i10 has lost all its charm because of price difference and the important fact that Spark is a much better drive and feels more safer (not sure why?).

Now waiting for my Cashmere Green chevy !

Cheers,
Vishal
Old 4th April 2008, 10:28   #73
bkm
BHPian

Congratulations Chiclets for booking spark ,you have made a wiser decision. 70K was too much a difference to go for i10.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:49   #74
BHPian

I booked i10 Magna yesterday. Rs. 4,52,000 on-road.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:00   #75
BHPian

In Mumbai SPARK LT (O) with ABag+ABS is available (after discounts+) @ 4.53L OTR with loan component of 4L @ 10% reducing balance. Where as i10 Magna (O) is available @ 5.3L no discount except 3.5% payout on loan amt
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks