Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 12:57   #106
BHPian

Hi Smats,

These days there are great deals on offer on Hyundai Getz prime. You can negotiate and get it in 3.75 on road. What you get is a car that is comfortable to drive or even if we talk about back seat comfort as it is big on space. It has ample storage space and a great after sales service network to keep it as new as ever even after years. Give the same a try for sure before zeroing in on the car. I am sure you will come back decided on one
Old 12th May 2009, 13:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
and the i10 has a bumpy ride.
I disagree. I own an i10 and no way the back-seat ride is bumpy. Infact, it is much more comfortable than my Accent and probably a bit more spacy too. In fact, it is much easier to get in and out of an i10 than my Accent.

Whereas, i agree with you that Indigo CS and Indica have way more comfortable back-seat comfort than an i10.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:32   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I disagree. I own an i10 and no way the back-seat ride is bumpy. Infact, it is much more comfortable than my Accent and probably a bit more spacy too. In fact, it is much easier to get in and out of an i10 than my Accent.

Whereas, i agree with you that Indigo CS and Indica have way more comfortable back-seat comfort than an i10.
A few months back i had test driven Spark and i10 back-to-back. I must confess the i10 kappa i test drove had a much bouncy ride at the rear compared to the Spark. Infact, slightly worse than the WagonR i have been driving for 5 years and only slightly better than the Santro.

But then it was *my* personal experience. Others may have a different view.
Old 14th May 2009, 07:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of top end LT variant, but somehow we are not fully satisfied with the engine performance with AC on.

OTR price for the white color LT variant in Bangalore is 445000
Discount
GM discount - 45000
corporate discount - 5000
Dealer discount - 8000

Final OTR price (Bangalore) = 387000
(Incl 3 year free serv/maint offer by GM)

Guys please let me know whether it is good deal or not
Old 14th May 2009, 07:53   #110
JRD
BHPian

Latheesh 3,87,000 is a great price with the 3 yr service package. I bought my Spark LT in december 08 for 3,63,000 OTR ahmedabad without the 3 yr service package.

The car is fantastic and trust me you will see the qualities showing up as you use it. It has the perfect balance for both city and highway driving. After using my linea every day, I got my hands somehow on the spark and believe it or not it was as stable as the linea even at 130.

About the A/c, it has a tendency to cut off when you floor the accelerator. Its normal though.

Great choice and a good deal in the end.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:47   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Took a test drive of top end LT variant, but somehow we are not fully satisfied with the engine performance with AC on.

OTR price for the white color LT variant in Bangalore is 445000
Discount
GM discount - 45000
corporate discount - 5000
Dealer discount - 8000

Final OTR price (Bangalore) = 387000
(Incl 3 year free serv/maint offer by GM)

Guys please let me know whether it is good deal or not
If you have another car in your name the dealer should be able to get you the exchange discount of Rs. 10,000 even if you are not trading in your car .
Old 14th May 2009, 11:43   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
One clear advantge I see in Spark is its ability to run in low speeds at higher gears. I could drive it 20kmph on 5th (just for testing, otherwise I am a good boy, drive as per the ratio ) . I feel this is a great advantage for city trafic and probably you should test it in both cars.
I also tested this on my UVA and it *does* work. You can also pick up the car from that speed without knocking, atleast i didnt find it. Also try to climb a ramp (like one from underground parking in a mall) without pressing the accelerator. The engine would automatically increase the rpm and car climbs smoothly. Tested this once, but like a good driver, i will not do it again.

Gurus can shed some light on this. May be the onboard chip adjusts this for the engine when it detects the rpm going down.
Old 14th May 2009, 12:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidsnail View Post
I also tested this on my UVA and it *does* work. You can also pick up the car from that speed without knocking, atleast i didnt find it. Also try to climb a ramp (like one from underground parking in a mall) without pressing the accelerator. The engine would automatically increase the rpm and car climbs smoothly. Tested this once, but like a good driver, i will not do it again.

Gurus can shed some light on this. May be the onboard chip adjusts this for the engine when it detects the rpm going down.
Yes, the ECU compensates for any potential stalling I suppose. For the U-VA, I often (because of city traffic) need to pick it up in 3rd gear at speeds of 10-20 kmph - no knocking at all
Old 14th May 2009, 16:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

In all modern cars equipped with ECU, if the engine RPM goes below a certain level (800 to 1000RPM) the RPM is increased such that engine will not stall and switch off.

A/C will never cutoff if you floor the pedal. It looks like AC is not working. It actually will be running.

I bought Spark LT in Sep 2007 for 4.35 lacs in bangalore. It is any day expensive at that price. Now 3.85 lacs with 3 years service package is a real good deal.
Any body looking for this car can buy at this price. The car performs well and even after close to 2 years, there are no rattles and fit and finish is still awesome.
Old 15th May 2009, 09:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
If you have another car in your name the dealer should be able to get you the exchange discount of Rs. 10,000 even if you are not trading in your car .
I asked the sales guy to give music system and remote keyless entry free of cost. (It's available only in LS musik variant). Awaiting his reply
Old 15th May 2009, 10:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt Spark the competition to Alto ? If it is then its very costly at the given price, may be to factor in the 3 yr service part.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:13   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I asked the sales guy to give music system and remote keyless entry free of cost. (It's available only in LS musik variant). Awaiting his reply
Good luck! If you don't get that you should push for the exchange discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Wasnt Spark the competition to Alto ? If it is then its very costly at the given price, may be to factor in the 3 yr service part.
Spark is the competition to Zen, Wagon R, Santro, etc. Since they are offering major discounts their pricing is close to the Alto now!
Old 15th May 2009, 13:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy white color and planning to put alloys, new shoes and dual tone (black& red) seat covers.

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost for this mod? and best shops in Bangalore for this mod?

Last edited by Latheesh : 15th May 2009 at 13:25.
Old 18th May 2009, 10:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Dealer agreed to give Kenwood music system with 2 speakers and remote keyless (Auto Cop?) entry w burgler alarm.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

We three people are planning to buy top end LT variant
offer they gave is 3.87 OTR (for white colour)
incl. 3 year cashless maint

freebies:
music system - kenwood 7160 + 2 speakers
Keyless entry w burgler alarm - Autocop 2170

I do not know much about these two, Are they good?

We asked further 7K discount since we are booking 3
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks