Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:13   #91
Team-BHP Support

To each his own guys. What is important is to be happy with the car you own. Since you are happy with your respective cars, please agree to disagree on this.
Enjoy maadi
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Please read review in autocar india ,both of i10 and spark. spark performance has been found better. with the discounted price spark is cheaper by 40k-50k.
You are right. Both the things that you wrote, I have already mentioned on my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
To each his own guys. What is important is to be happy with the car you own. Since you are happy with your respective cars, please agree to disagree on this.
Enjoy maadi
I agree with you what actually we are doing here is constructive debate.

BKM & EDDY please be kind enough to reply on my other thread. Its very important to me.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...swift-zxi.html
Old 5th May 2008, 01:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Enjoy maadi
Right said fred.. each has its strengths.. depends on how important that is for you..
Old 5th May 2008, 03:50   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiclets View Post
Now waiting for my Cashmere Green chevy !

Cheers,
Vishal
'
AVAIK, the Green Color is not in production anymore.
As what the dealer told me
Old 19th May 2008, 17:25   #95
BHPian

the same confusion reigns over our household as i and my husband discuss over which car to buy, Spark of the i10.

he says that spark is too girly and he wont be interested in driving it much.

i like the spark very much but then i might get intersted in i10 too because i like it too. the only thing is i feel i10 is very heavily priced.

hyundai, i feel that they price their cars quite high then its range of other cars. ( even getz had this issue initially) but as on today i have been offered a rs 12000 dealer discount on i10 magna.

so let me see what best i can get when the sales person comes tommorow with the car for test drive.

as far as spark is concerned they have reduced the prices now till may 31st in lieu of the first anniversary celebrations of spark.

so let me see what we end up buying.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:37   #96
BHPian

Wait for another month. GM might reduce Spark's price by another Rs. 5,000 or so. And then they do that month after month and eventually they will give it away for free.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:08   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
the same confusion reigns over our household as i and my husband discuss over which car to buy, Spark of the i10.

i like the spark very much but then i might get intersted in i10 too because i like it too. the only thing is i feel i10 is very heavily priced.

hyundai, i feel that they price their cars quite high then its range of other cars. ( even getz had this issue initially) but as on today i have been offered a rs 12000 dealer discount on i10 magna.

so let me see what best i can get when the sales person comes tommorow with the car for test drive.

as far as spark is concerned they have reduced the prices now till may 31st in lieu of the first anniversary celebrations of spark.

Definitely i10 is a better valued car even though it is priced at the higher side.It has Electronic Power Steering which is very easy to drive in city and more spaceous too at the rear.Moreover it offers ABS and Airbags option which i am not sure in spark.

The Spark's front cabin won't suit people more than 5.5" taller.So take a TestDrive of both cars.

Hyundai service is anytime better and the engine is a proven santro's one.B/w both spark and i10, i10 wins the race.
Old 19th May 2008, 22:39   #98
BANNED

Thanks all for replying...

I bought spark LT some days ago(sry, vry late reply) after TD'ing both i10 and spark.Spark has better feel in steering & nice ride, i really loved i10's superb interior & body colors offered but decided to go with spark because of the comfortable driving experience.

Initially thought of Alto,santro,wagon-r,xeta and i10,final confusion was between i10 & spark.

Model- Spark LT with Fully foldable Split seats,rear head rest,spoiler,roof rails,defogger,rear wiper
On road price - 3,75000 (no ABS )
Showroom - German motors,calicut.

what i liked:
Butter smooth ride in 3,4 & 5th gears
Light & Precise ps
Noiseless cruising in 80-90 range(My friends sometimes ask,is this in neutral?)
Gear ratios,really liked it,except 1st
Seating position and space(i am 5.8)
Amazing maneuverability in city

what i didnt like:

Rear brake light design(same with i10's HL)
short 1st gear
Tight reverse gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_SwiSan View Post
The Spark's front cabin won't suit people more than 5.5" taller.So take a TestDrive of both cars.
Nope,i am 5.8 and its comfy for me,My cousin brother 6.2 feels the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_SwiSan View Post
Moreover it offers ABS and Airbags option which i am not sure in spark.
Spark have same options
Old 19th May 2008, 23:06   #99
bkm
BHPian

Do not go by brand name . Take a test drive .For me spark won over i10 in ride comfort.
Old 20th May 2008, 00:44   #100
BHPian

^^^
Yeah, people should not by a car just by SRK is doing its advertisement.

Better take a test drive & see if you are comfortable in it. Take whichever is comfortable to you.
After all it is you who is going to drive not SRK:P
Old 20th May 2008, 01:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post

One clear advantge I see in Spark is its ability to run in low speeds at higher gears. I could drive it 20kmph on 5th (just for testing, otherwise I am a good boy, drive as per the ratio ) . I feel this is a great advantage for city trafic and probably you should test it in both cars.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 20th May 2008 at 01:10.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:54   #102
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

HYUNDAI I 10 for engineering, quality, features, after sales service, trouble free running.

GM Spark - old wine-new bottle, bad after sales care. After all this used to be a plain old Matiz before the re-badging.

Surely logic would suggest a newer design/ newer vehicle from a reputed company as against a re-badged effort from a company notorious for poor service?
Old 20th May 2008, 11:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

This thread has served its purpose, and hence closed.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:12   #104
BHPian

new car for Pitaji

If only the 50 post rule wud have been some thing like 'reading 50 posts', I would have qualified to be on the support group by now, but then i am too lazy for that too...
think about it - since most of the topics are covered by everyone else, posting 50 posts will probably take eternity for people like me.
alas, i will always remain a newbie.

neways to start with - pitaji needs a car. he has been driving the faithful 800 since last 8 years. and now its time to get a new horse to do the duties. The car is gonna stay with him forever so it has to be new which can run long..really long. His drive will never exceed 1000kms a month hence it has to be petrol.
We need a car which has
  • a good back seat comfort (Although he doesnt has a driver he may get one in near future)
  • is easy on his pocket
  • is easily driven in city with occasional highway trips.
  • Also need to get a car which will give him peace of mind, bole to trouble free ownership experience (if any such thing exists !).
We shortlisted the following options
i10 kappa (pitaji asked why not irde? i said its purana zamaana stuff...)
indica vista safire - pitaji prefers the back seat of this car. i am a bit concerned abt the power and reliability of the car.
Chevy spark - pitaji has been lately visiting the website 'carwale' a lot. and he got the idea of spark from there. Frankly i dont have anything against the spark except the fact that the company is going bust sooner then we can finalise

experts. help me help my pitaji on finalising his car and i will convince him to switch to tbhp from carwale while i continue my quest to be a tbhpian someday
Old 13th April 2009, 16:25   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Smats,

The i10 or the Spark are terrible choices for your Dad, who is only going to be chauffeured around. The Spark is too small and the i10 has a bumpy ride. The Indica beats them hollow when it comes to backseat comfort. I'll go a step ahead and recommend the Indigo CS which is pretty much in the same price band, but has a supremely comfortable backseat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks