Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 14:39   #31
BHPian

Either the prices in Bangalore are different from rest of India or I am a poor enquirer.

The on-road price of Spark 1.0 LT (w/ the optional pack) and i10 Magna, today, is exactly the same. Rs. 4,54,000.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
My spark has wheel covers provided by GM. Car looks good with wheel covers. Thanks for info, it looks good

Off topic: Why did you sell your Swift?
If you are planning to buy spark then you would feel spark as a very small car anyday compared to swift.
Off topic: I shifted from mumbai to here ( udupi, near manipal) , i bought swift as i came here...After driving it almost for a year, I Found
1] it is over powered for me ( in this roads) as here most people drive omni, and i felt like I'm driving rocket ! crashed twice as i failed to handle this rocket.
2] i hardly go to highway so i thought i want less power car as i drive only 300km - 500km per month maximum.
3] Swift started drinking fuel like beer....it started giving me only 10kmpl or may be less....(as here i have to run by 2nd-3rd gear, so many crosses r here)

I know spark have less space inside than swift, but i think it's perfect for this roads....even it can run less then 20kmph speed in fifth gear thats amazing... i think i will save lots of money which i was wasting on swift for petrol.
Old 12th March 2008, 17:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
Either the prices in Bangalore are different from rest of India or I am a poor enquirer.

The on-road price of Spark 1.0 LT (w/ the optional pack) and i10 Magna, today, is exactly the same. Rs. 4,54,000.
Lol, you are right about the prices. GM's pricing is 'yo yo' ing on day to day basis. So much, that it would put the stock market to shame.

As of today, there is no discount on Spark. Instead they have come up with a 'Cashless Ownership' offer for next three years, wherein the only running expense you will incur is the fuel bill. Service labour and parts like oil, filters, spark plugs etc will be free of cost for three years or 45k kms.

This is just another gimmick from GM, because when I purchased the car, they had promised Rs 13000 (approx) maintainence plan for 3 years or 45k kms.

In effect, they have withdrawn the Rs 45k odd discount from one side and instead handed a measly Rs 13k on the other!
Old 12th March 2008, 18:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
I know spark have less space inside than swift, but i think it's perfect for this roads....even it can run less then 20kmph speed in fifth gear thats amazing... i think i will save lots of money which i was wasting on swift for petrol.
You are absolutely right.

Spark is fantastic on highways. If you go on long trips - it won't let you down.

I have seen many price cuts on spark till date and i feel betrayed by GM.

Before two weeks i got a call from a lady from GM and she aksed me updated address as she wanted to send me some stuff (she said some promotional offer from GM).

I have not received anything till date and called up GM customer care to enquire about the stuff she mentioned.

Customer support guy promptly told no offer exists for me. Finally he was not sure why i got a call and said sorry.

I had emailed GM before a week and i suggested them to employ better pricing policy. I didnot get a reply.
I am planning to buy one more car (mostly Getz Crdi) and i told customer support exec clearly that because of bad pricing policy, i am not planning to buy a GM car. After hearing this he said i can expect a call from Head - Sales.
He also mentioned that there is no offer on Spark as on date.
I would suggest people who are looking to buy spark to wait for a month and a half as i am sure GM will come up with some new offer.

MODS: I have mentioned pricing policy just to throw some light on how GM reacts to the customers queries.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:44   #35
BHPian

Too bad. I would've gone for Spark if the price were fixed. I feel like being cheated if I have to shell out Rs. 4.54 lakhs for Spark 1.0 LT when the same was bought by others for a lesser price in the past.

I've sort of decided to go for WagonR VXi ABS.
Old 12th March 2008, 23:22   #36
BHPian

bkm: Yes, that's what I did. There's no change in the price between what the dealer and GM help line lady quoted.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:52   #37

3 year cashless offer for Spark - Customer is charged 10000 Rs.

Please understand this 3 year cashless offer is not free for spark in Bangalore. When I checked with dealer in Tamil Nadu they are saying this offer is not valid only for Captiva and Tavera.

Bangalore dealers (Vijai and TVS) are charging 10000 Rs for this offer. When I told them about Tamil nadu dealers they are saying this offer varies from State to State.

Better wait for better clear pricing....
Old 14th March 2008, 10:03   #38
BHPian

SPARK would be a better bet.

Not sure if you had decided on which car to choose. Here goes my thoughts worth a few pennys.

I have been driving SPARK LT for more than a month now and had covered 2K+ kms. The following are my views about the car which I would say are an edge over i10.

About the interior:
1) The interior has lots of cubby holes and you can have a a place for anything and everything. It even has coin holders, card holder, glass holder.
2) The rear seats can easily accomodate 3 normal sized people without the worry of touching each other.
3) The interior is noise proof. I would say one can hardly hear any noise of the engine.
4) The centrally located Instument cluster is one of its kind and though one might take a little time to get used to it, it gives a different kind of a look for the car.
5) The rear seats are 60:40 foldable and also has 3 seatbelts.

About the Ride:
1) The ride is so comfortable with no vibration at any speed. I had driven at 120kmph and had no issues at all
2) The stability of the vehicle is superb. I had managed turning at 100kmph on a double lane road without crossing the yellow lines and without any drag or anything of teat sort.
3) The vehicle would manage to pull from 18 to 60 in 3rd gear itself. So city driving would require lesser gear changing
4) It has gas filled shock absorbers and it is really superb when one drives on bad roads.
5) It givea a mileage of 13km in city with AC on all the time and 15km in highways with AC on all the time.

Some hitches:
1) The controls for indicator and wiper are in opposite direction which one must get used to.
2) The pick up might be a little lesser than i10, but thats okie. We dont intend to go for racing, do we?
3) The service loop for GM is a big question mark. One might have to search for the nearest service centre if the vehicle goes down.

Hope you make the right decision and all the best for you new vehicle.

Sajjan
Old 14th March 2008, 22:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsajjanraj View Post
3) The vehicle would manage to pull from 18 to 60 in 3rd gear itself. So city driving would require lesser gear changing
Aye! In fact more than that - just 2 days back I came upon this really slow moving bumper-2-bumper traffic. Strangely, I forgot to downshift to first gear as I came to a complete halt and was still in 3rd gear. There was a slight uphill too. Then as the line started moving, I picked up and felt the car revolting a very slight bit. That's when I just felt the gear position and realised I was in 3rd. But our Sparky just gave a very meek protest to this mistake of mine and drove off quite smoothly - no jerks, no stoppage, 0 - 30 kmph with no problem. Of course, a very harsh way to treat the car, but the Spark stood the test very robustly.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:45   #40
BHPian

would prefer i10 over spark not beacuse its a bad car or some thing but the market is for the i10 means youll get good resale for a hyundai hatchback cars
Old 15th March 2008, 10:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
would prefer i10 over spark not beacuse its a bad car or some thing but the market is for the i10 means youll get good resale for a hyundai hatchback cars

Resale, we are talking about current scene. With 50000 sparks on the road it can change drastically.
Old 15th March 2008, 15:47   #42
BHPian

What's the exact value of this discount on Spark that was offered in the past? 1.0 LT w/o the opt pack = Rs. 407000 now.
Old 15th March 2008, 16:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

i10

I would opt for the i10. The sun is setting on General Motors.
Old 15th March 2008, 20:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anymenu View Post
Please understand this 3 year cashless offer is not free for spark in Bangalore. When I checked with dealer in Tamil Nadu they are saying this offer is not valid only for Captiva and Tavera.

Bangalore dealers (Vijai and TVS) are charging 10000 Rs for this offer. When I told them about Tamil nadu dealers they are saying this offer varies from State to State.

Better wait for better clear pricing....
Yes. Why is Bangalore always the target for these guys? Not only do we have to pay more tax, we also have to pay Rs. 10,000 while it's completely free in other states. The irony is that Chevy/GM still goes ahead and put a huge ad in newspapers that the 3 yrs maintenance is free

We test drove Spark and damn it's amazing! We shall wait for the price to come down.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

i10, No cheverlot cars - an advice from a Chevy car owner, and was a proud owner of a Hyundi car.

Getting good service good become a nightmare, if you are in tier-II cities where there is only one GM service person. Also you might want to buy the best one for the money you spend, right? In your case you have i10.

Last edited by agbenny : 15th March 2008 at 22:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks