Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:30   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

i10 or Getz ? Car for my mom.

She will be driving mainly in the city. No question abt it. In all her 20 odd years of driving, she has never driven on the highway.

Usually, she is alone in the car. Very rarely does someone accompany her. At the most, either me or my sister might go with her to some nearby place.

Having said that, it seems the i10 is perfect.

Now, I will start driving soon and while the old Santro will be retained, I would also like to drive the new car (i10 or Getz) from time to time.

So, now what would you suggest ?

PS: The Getz CRDI is ruled out. Pretty bad handling and less features and almost 70k more expensive. Dad isnt really in favour of the Getz CRDi. Will go for the 1.3 litre petrol in the Getz
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

I suggest i10 because hardly 2 occupants and mainly city use. More FE, easy to drive fresh looks luxury interiors.

Only i10 is the car among Small cars offerring excellant interiors.

On the other hand Getz it will give more space which your mother don't need, best ride comfort which is not needed for City drive. Getz low seating and big dimension make it difficult to drive in the city compared with i10.

Bright color i10 look awasome. My preference Red, Blue (Ocean i think), Black look great! Other colors are also very nice. Very good choice of colors and variants.

It appears slightly overpriced but its worth for that good quality.

Reghards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:11   #3
BHPian

As it is only for city driving, i10 is best. You'll enjoy better mileage than in Getz1.3.
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Oye Nikhil,

Kee haal hai ? Finally getting to drive eh ? How soon are you looking at purchasing the car ? How about the Dzire for your dad and letting mom drive the Santro ?

If you can wait, it may be worthwhile to look at the Splash. But don't know when its being launched. Try and get some insider info (and then tell me too )
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:16   #5
BHPian

no second thoughts i10 is perfect for a lady. if you can afford go for the top end with abs and airbags which is quite safe and one can have peace of mind with a lady driving it. the music system is quite good and does not need an upgrade.
Old 4th March 2008, 08:33   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oye Nikhil,

Kee haal hai ? Finally getting to drive eh ? How soon are you looking at purchasing the car ? How about the Dzire for your dad and letting mom drive the Santro ?

If you can wait, it may be worthwhile to look at the Splash. But don't know when its being launched. Try and get some insider info (and then tell me too )
hehe, yeah. I am finally learning how to drive.

And dad will be using the City yaar. He doesnt enter the picture at all

And waiting is ruled out. Dad wants to buy the car before March 31st.
Old 4th March 2008, 08:50   #7
BHPian

The i10 would be perfect and probably the better choice in this scenario.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

As older person is going to drive it, it's desirable to have a vehicle with better ingress & egress along with higher seating position. Looking at these parameters, i10 would be preferred to Getz.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

If highway driving is out of question the smaller the better as she would be driving alone or 1 person along at the max.So i10 would be a better option and would be more easy for parking and driving in the city.Over and above more mileage too.
ram
Old 4th March 2008, 11:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with others. With your set of requirements, i10 is the best option. The interiors are WAY ahead of the Getz IMO. Its easier to drive in the city and has adequate power without compromising on FE. Try to get the higher version with the safety kit.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
She will be driving mainly in the city. No question abt it. In all her 20 odd years of driving, she has never driven on the highway.

Usually, she is alone in the car. Very rarely does someone accompany her. At the most, either me or my sister might go with her to some nearby place.

Having said that, it seems the i10 is perfect.

Now, I will start driving soon and while the old Santro will be retained, I would also like to drive the new car (i10 or Getz) from time to time.

So, now what would you suggest ?

PS: The Getz CRDI is ruled out. Pretty bad handling and less features and almost 70k more expensive. Dad isnt really in favour of the Getz CRDi. Will go for the 1.3 litre petrol in the Getz
Well. I tend t have a different opinion. Since you are planning to retain the Santro. I think you should test drive the Getz. Its got better ride comfort and a more powerfull engine and more space. I think having a Santro and a i10 at home would make things boring in the long run.

With the disocunts on the 1.3 i think you could get a real good deal.

If you are open to other cars. Have a look at the Aveo U-VA and Palio Sport.

PS. Personally I would look at the Palio 1.6 Sport as a third car.

Last edited by gemithomas : 4th March 2008 at 11:38.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:45   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nikhil

I suggest you wait for the i10 Automatic. Perfect urban car for a lady....she will love you more
Old 4th March 2008, 15:52   #13
BHPian

go for the i10..newer model, better interiors and guess better mileage too.
Old 4th March 2008, 16:18   #14
BHPian

i10 is the best option.For a lady driver i10 is very much suitable.
Better mileage,easy to drive.
If you want more power then you can go for Getz CRDi.
Old 4th March 2008, 16:22   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well. I tend t have a different opinion. Since you are planning to retain the Santro. I think you should test drive the Getz. Its got better ride comfort and a more powerfull engine and more space. I think having a Santro and a i10 at home would make things boring in the long run.

With the disocunts on the 1.3 i think you could get a real good deal.

If you are open to other cars. Have a look at the Aveo U-VA and Palio Sport.

PS. Personally I would look at the Palio 1.6 Sport as a third car.
I would love the Palio 1.6 as the third car, but my dad has put his foot down and and said no Fiat or Tata cars mainly due to the after sales service.

If it was my car, it would be a different story as I would make sure I get good service and be technically in a better position. But since it's my mom's car, he doesnt want her to have any trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nikhil

I suggest you wait for the i10 Automatic. Perfect urban car for a lady....she will love you more

Thanks GTO, but my dad doesnt want to wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks