Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 17:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, Santro AT CNG could be a practical option in city if you need to accelerate to say upto 70-80 kmph. Since you have test driven it, you would know better. Why not TD again.

First decide whether you want an AT. Then only petrol vs CNG. Forget about hypothetical 0-100 kmph numbers from mags and brochures. Test drive in normal traffic conditions and see for yourself. If you really want an AT, but are uncomfortable about CNG, then get petrol only.
Old 11th March 2008, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Finally decided to book the car today. Will be getting the delivery around 24th. It is AT with CNG in white color. Went to their CNG installation centre owned by some korean company and is responsible for all CNG fitments for santro in Delhi, NCR. All kits on all santro cars in Delhi NCR are installed by them only.Must say, the standard of fitment and testing was very good. No issues with 'Standard&quality of installation'. Thanks guys for your help.

Looking for a tyre upgrade. Confused between 155/70R13 XM1 or 165/65R13 XM1. Any other must have upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
IMHO, Santro AT CNG could be a practical option in city if you need to accelerate to say upto 70-80 kmph. Since you have test driven it, you would know better. Why not TD again.

First decide whether you want an AT. Then only petrol vs CNG. Forget about hypothetical 0-100 kmph numbers from mags and brochures. Test drive in normal traffic conditions and see for yourself. If you really want an AT, but are uncomfortable about CNG, then get petrol only.
Old 12th March 2008, 10:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

Congrats sharad... I am sure you will enjoy the ride, automatically.

A request: Please do pen down regular ownership review and experiences since you have a car that nobody else on the forum does
Old 12th March 2008, 12:53   #19
BHPian

Congrats ! Sharad. Same here. I too have booked Santro AT white on 7th March and hope to get it by Holi/ eve . But CNG option is not available in Mumbai. I got total discount of approx. 18K( insurance free + 6k corporate).

Other things that you need to buy - if you like - is a music system / cd mp3 player and speakers, auto-cop security system, can think of getting power windows( all four), sun film and reverse paring sensor.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:57   #20
BHPian

I forgot to mention that all these things you can get from Hyundai dealer/ get it fitted by them ( after buying from outside). Only accessory that I have ordered is a pair of fog lamps- for Rs. 3550/- and Hyundai has only rear parking sensors(4 sensors) and they dont even fit a 6 sensor kit( with front) as they say there is no space inside.

Any santro user may please, advise if there is a need to change the headlight lamps.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_agl View Post
Looking for a tyre upgrade. Confused between 155/70R13 XM1 or 165/65R13 XM1. Any other must have upgrades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Any santro user may please, advise if there is a need to change the headlight lamps.
Congratulations to you both.

Sharad_agl, go for the 165/65 XM1s - that size makes a huge difference to the ride quality, braking and handling. The stock tyres are too thin. 165/65 is what I have on my wife's car.
Other must have upgrades? A good ICE setup. It comes with nothing! And if you need, a car alarm.
Shatrughna, yes, the lights are not the best. One option is to get fog lamps fitted.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
go for the 165/65 XM1s - that size makes a huge difference to the ride quality, braking and handling. The stock tyres are too thin. 165/65 is what I have on my wife's car.
What kind of drop in FE is expected after going from 155/70 to 165/65?
Old 12th March 2008, 20:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What kind of drop in FE is expected after going from 155/70 to 165/65?
Honestly, I don't know because I upsized my tires a day or two after getting the car. I think the XM-1s will compensate a bit for the drop in FE. Also you have CNG so why worry?
I have 165/65 Bridgestone tires and get 11.5 kmpl in the city.
Old 12th March 2008, 20:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Also you have CNG so why worry?
Not worried as far as cost per Km. Does not want to add additional rolling resistance to already a slow car (AT+CNG). A significant drop in FE directly means putting more strain on engine. If the difference in FE by going from 155 to 165 is minimal and i get significant increase in comfort, then i will surely like to go in for 165. Otherwise i will stick to 155.
Old 15th March 2008, 00:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not worried as far as cost per Km. Does not want to add additional rolling resistance to already a slow car (AT+CNG). A significant drop in FE directly means putting more strain on engine. If the difference in FE by going from 155 to 165 is minimal and i get significant increase in comfort, then i will surely like to go in for 165. Otherwise i will stick to 155.
The XM1's are low rolling resistance, silica-based tires that are supposed to boost FE. That is why I feel they will compensate for any drop in FE because of larger tire size. That said, I get a fairly high FE with regular 165s compared with some other AT owners running on 155s. A lot depends on driving style.
The stock tires are so skinny they are almost unsafe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks