Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

theMag, that means in your hands a diesel will give not less then 20

Also you have a FFE, and aftermarket filter, right. I was speaking of stock in Bombay traffic(City) with no mods at all on stock 165s. The car i have currently is the test drive car and its giving 10.5-11 at best. Maybe its not serviced and the condition of the car isint good either.
Old 3rd February 2008, 01:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Esteem engine may be time tested, but its high time for that engine to be shut production, its highly old and the engine characteristics show, poor low end torque, noisy.
I wonder if we will ever receive the m-series!
Old 3rd February 2008, 04:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Swift Petrol with a G16 engine, Upgrade everything (Tranny, Brakes, Suspension, Gearbox, TC/SC, Intercooler etc).
I'd stick with the 1300 block. More options, and you, of all people, have seen what it is capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
I wonder if we will ever receive the m-series!
We already have. It's called the SX4.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
We already have. It's called the SX4.
In the Swift i meant.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

ok as suggested by the people above, most of them are for diesel swift than petrol and both cars have their pros and cons!

let me add a pro to the diesel, its just one chip that needs to be installed takes 10 minutes, and an air filter, and may be a free flow if need be!

but for a petrol swift the stage 1 and 2 mods like porting polishing, and may be a turbo might be needed!.

i suggest you think twice before modding a petrol and please do read the article written by mclaren1885 this might tell you just what you need to know and the way to live with a modded ride!, i mean not the far simple pete's kit mod but the mods required by the petrol car!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dded-ride.html

thats the link kindly have the patience to go through it and only then decide if you still want to mod the swift petrol!

Last edited by rider60 : 5th February 2008 at 01:02.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:30   #36
BHPian

Swift Petrol or Diesel?

Friends,

I am in a big dilemma and postponing my decision to buy the car from last 10 days. I decided to buy a swift vxi by downpaying the entire amount.But, I was advised by couple of friends to go for Diesel as it is a more VFM than petrol.

My current typical use is around 20-25KM per day. Also, If I need to upgrade to Diesel, I need to shell out another 50-70K nearly which is kind of OK, but, I need to opt for a loan. I am planning to keep this car for atleast 4 years.

The other issue that is adding to my dilemma is that I am told about the huge waiting time for a delivery of Diesel vehicle. I spoke to atleast 3 dealers and all are quoting a time of 4 months and above. whereas for petrol it is 15-20 days. Since I am paying everything from hand, I feel that I need to get the delivery as soon as possible.

I am supposed to book a VXi today. But, not able to make a decision as this is going to be a big buy for me and dont want to make a decision in haste.
PLease help me. Should I book a Diesel and wait or should I got with Petrol. By the way I am only looking at either VXi or VDi.

Note :

I have seen couple of threads with the similar question. But mine is a bit different. Hence posting it as a new thread. Mods- please merge it with other thread if this is a duplicate.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:48   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
I am supposed to book a VXi today. But, not able to make a decision as this is going to be a big buy for me and dont want to make a decision in haste.
PLease help me. Should I book a Diesel and wait or should I got with Petrol. By the way I am only looking at either VXi or VDi.
There's no big difference between today and tomorrow. You can ask more questions and get a clear picture here.

Thread merged.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:52   #38
BHPian

@ubsmart: Petrol........

Diesel isn't a good option considering your situation and driving distance every day. But Diesel Swift is definitely VFM compared to its petrol counterpart No doubt. Since you have to go in for loan for the extra amount you have to pay for diesel and the issue regarding waiting period, I would suggest you to forget diesel, pay the money get the car and enjoy. This way you can avoid loan procedures / EMI too. Do update us on your decision and all the best for your buy.

Last edited by pingping : 10th March 2008 at 14:53.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:59   #39
BHPian

Petrol is good...

Quote:

My current typical use is around 20-25KM per day. Also, If I need to upgrade to Diesel, I need to shell out another 50-70K nearly which is kind of OK, but, I need to opt for a loan. I am planning to keep this car for atleast 4 years.
Boss,

If u search thruough more threads, we have somebody saying that it takes almost 4 yrs to "recover" the extra money you shell out for diesel version.

Your travelling is a mere 25Kms per day, and this will not justify the extra money u put in for diesel. Had it been around 50Kms, then Diesel was must.

Check out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...8-lakh-13.html

Also, since you have already paid for VXI, go ahead!

i faced the same dilemma, and booked my VXI and am expecting its delivery by April!
Old 10th March 2008, 16:01   #40
BHPian

Rajatkumar, Is there are waiting period for petrol too? You mentioned that you are getting a petrol by April!!??
Old 10th March 2008, 16:12   #41
Team-BHP Support

Yours is a borderline case, with 25 kms and no finance required for a Vxi. I suggest Vxi, why pay interest and premium is the logic.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Rajatkumar, Is there are waiting period for petrol too? You mentioned that you are getting a petrol by April!!??
Varun Motors, who are dealing with my order have said 20 Days....

But be smart... there is almost 1 in every 15 orders which *do not* get loans approved. That means.... they have atleast 1 vehicle which gets stored in their stock. I asked the Varun Motors guy to inform me of ALL such orders.

So basically, I told him my color choices are Black/White/Red Swift VXi... and so he just got all such orders ka list and today he said he has White Swift VXi in invenyory and he can give me that on Monday!!!

I guess, when u have complete cash/money in hand u can boss around with the dealers!

What do u say?
Old 11th March 2008, 12:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

If modding is your intention go for a second hand petrol swift.You might save atleast a lakh from the new one and still around 60 k from the diesel.I think the difference of 1.6 lakh would take care of a turbo in the petrol swift.Then again you got the 25k to be spend on the petes box for the other mods you feel for.
So think about it and decide,lol.
ram
Old 28th April 2008, 20:55   #44
BHPian

distance-time VFM!!

as observed in the forums,its said by many that diesels are better choices if the monthly drive is about 1200 kms!
and with this driving distance,the extra cash on the diesel can be made up within 3 to 4 years time.
what if the monthly run is 700-750 kms and if the car was planned to be kept for a period of 8-8.5 years!!would it still be worth buying the diesel or should i opt for petrol??
Old 28th April 2008, 22:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
as observed in the forums,its said by many that diesels are better choices if the monthly drive is about 1200 kms!
and with this driving distance,the extra cash on the diesel can be made up within 3 to 4 years time.
what if the monthly run is 700-750 kms and if the car was planned to be kept for a period of 8-8.5 years!!would it still be worth buying the diesel or should i opt for petrol??
I was also in a dilemma between Petrol vs Diesel. I stuck to the petrol cos my running is not more than 800 kms p.m. Since you have almost same usage i would suggest you to stick to Petrol. If you do make quite a lot of trips regularly side by side then give a shot at the diesel. But i would suggest you the Petrol any day for your running. Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks