Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 13:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well whats the pricing of santro and the i10? As in could anyone give a rough estimate of these small cars?
Old 11th March 2008, 14:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
What advanced features does the i10 have over spark?

Following are your options:

Wagon R
Zen Estilo
Spark
i10
Swift LXi
amen.

plus you can try for the alloys/abs/airbags version. it should be just within/out of the range.
Old 11th March 2008, 14:56   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well whats the pricing of santro and the i10? As in could anyone give a rough estimate of these small cars?
All small cars have their respective web pages, and a page showing the pricing for various variants for each city. The prices will be ex-showroom. For wagonR, it is marutywagonr.com. For indica, it is indica.tatamotors.com. For i10, it is hyundaii10.co.in

Go the respective pages, check up the feaures and specifications of your desired variant, and check the price for your city.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:30   #19
BHPian

I think we all get too caught up on hatchbacks when talking entry-level cars. Why not look at the Logan? Its a fabulous car in its price range, and I think you'll just about get at least one of the variants in the range you specified. Among hatchbacks, if you can live with the breadbox look, the WagonR is neat, or else, go straight to the top with the 1.6 Palio. 5 Lakhs on road in BLR.
Old 11th March 2008, 16:13   #20
BHPian

Well The car that we need is going to be driven maximum of 100-300KMS per month on an average. Not much. Mostly it'll be parked outside my home in case(which is very rare) my Dad needs to go somewhere he has office at home. Mostly City Driving in Delhi Heat.
Anyway Getz 1.1 is not my Type. I would rather go for santro then. Estillo lacks looks, Santro too old, Wagon R too common and Fiat Palio. I personally think its going to end up like Daewoo so spares can be a problem, Spark doesnt have good interiors.

So we are going for i10(magna).Now i need to know what can i do to ensure that the car I get hasnt been used as test drive vehicle by the showroom. We are going to buy it from Himgiri Hyundai Delhi.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 11th March 2008 at 16:26.
Old 11th March 2008, 19:07   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
So we are going for i10(magna).Now i need to know what can i do to ensure that the car I get hasnt been used as test drive vehicle by the showroom.
Book a rate colour. Dealer will plead wanting to wait till the car from the factory. That precisely is the idea. Ask when the car comes from the factory. As soon as the car is unloaded, take delivery.
Old 11th March 2008, 19:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
So we are going for i10(magna).Now i need to know what can i do to ensure that the car I get hasnt been used as test drive vehicle by the showroom. We are going to buy it from Himgiri Hyundai Delhi.
Good decision mate !!! i10 is a very good car.

I poersonally feel white colour looks excellent in i10 ( but thats an individual choice )

Don't worry - i10 is being sold like hot cakes so you are bound to get a fresh & new car. Tips to check if it has not been ised as TD vehicle -

Check the tyre tread carefully.
Check stains on seats
Check the underbody ( tough one but definetely gives away if its used for TDing )
That new car smell can only be in a new vehicle.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:27   #23
BHPian

Hi guys. I am these days busy arranging papers for approving Loan on the Car. I am going for White colour, i10 Magna which is Costing me around 4.18Lac, 5000 Cash Discount and free insurance. What do you guys think?
Old 14th March 2008, 16:34   #24
BHPian

wow, that's a good deal. I went recently to Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore and the OR price they quoted for i10 Magna is Rs. 4,54,000.
Old 14th March 2008, 18:31   #25
BANNED

@somebodystopme: is that the on road price or ex-showroom price?
Old 14th March 2008, 18:40   #26
rkg
Senior - BHPian

karnataka road tax is 11% (10% + 10% cess on 10%)where as in delhi it is 4%( i think so)
that is why the difference. the offers are good. around 20K discount is good( 5K + insurance)
Old 14th March 2008, 18:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@somebodystopme: is that the on road price or ex-showroom price?

This On Road Price am Talking about. Should I check with other dealers too for pricing or is this a good deal? People from delhi comment please.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:37   #28
BHPian

Hey Friends there was a mistake. The Car is costing me around 4.22 on road the price includes Insurance for a year and Extended warranty. I will also be getting 5K Cash back.
I went for Test Drive the other day and guess what I got a car with disconnected ODO. Though the sales agent assured me that I wont get such a car but still am suspicious. She was saying we cant use the car much because it starts showing on its tyre treads.
She is saying if my loan documents are proccessed by Tuesday(that is tommorow) i'll get my car on Friday. What say?
Old 17th March 2008, 15:07   #29
BHPian

Hi

Really its hard to beleive that these things happen in Delhi too. But with alot of dealers of Hyundai i have seen TD vehicles with DEMO cars written on them.

One thing is sure that sales girl was taking you for a ride.

Thanks

Amit
Old 17th March 2008, 16:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddie,please ensure that you are getting a fair deal by comparing the prices with the other dealers present.Never alow anyone to take you for a ride please.
ram

Most Viewed