Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 16:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I have heard with AC on and 4 people, getz 1.1 starts showing its True color. I would rather go for getz 1.3 any given day. But out of budget right now. Only thing about i10 that is bothering me is 50K price diff as compared to Chevy Spark and Bumpy ride. Thought havent tried it myself.
Can anyone put some light on why 50K difference?? Is the difference just like the one that is there between NHC and other compititors?
I am going to keep my car for something more than 10 years I still have my Esteem 97 and 800 93. So i need a car with damn good built quality ( above anything else.)
Palio SLX 1.1!

No car offers its Build quality & Handling in that price bracket!
Old 17th March 2008, 17:37   #32
BHPian

I would second Mr. Ravi Bhat's suggestion.
With the new 1.3 MJD I think Palio style will be a terrific car.
Old 21st March 2008, 22:26   #33
BHPian

I got Delivery of my White i10 Today. Nice car. I love it but then there is definately problem with the Fan in a/c it makes a lot of noise when in point 2 or above. At 4 you can make out your paddles vibrating. Anyway It cools well on 1 point too. Now i have to get new Mats for it. Dad changed his mind few days back to get tht gold kinda colour...ughhh.... But finally he gave in to my persuadings. I like the looks of the car Still i feel, it somehow resembles a sitting frog. What say guys?
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

There are ugly frogs as well as cute frogs,lol.Congrats Buddie.Please post some reviews and initial impression.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:08   #35
BHPian

Congrats somebodystopme. Which variant did you buy, Magna or Era? How much is the final OTR? Did you get any discount or freebies? What about the music system? Did you get it installed from the dealer?
Old 24th March 2008, 08:36   #36
BHPian

Yesterday I sat in a test drive vehicle of i10 and found that it's noisy, compared to Wagon R and Spark. Turning the AC off didn't help.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:50   #37
bkm
BHPian

I second srikat. Ride quality is better in spark with noiseless smooth engine and good suspension etc
Old 24th March 2008, 12:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Well The car that we need is going to be driven maximum of 100-300KMS per month on an average. Not much. Mostly it'll be parked outside my home in case(which is very rare) my Dad needs to go somewhere he has office at home. Mostly City Driving in Delhi Heat.
Anyway Getz 1.1 is not my Type. I would rather go for santro then. Estillo lacks looks, Santro too old, Wagon R too common and Fiat Palio. I personally think its going to end up like Daewoo so spares can be a problem, Spark doesnt have good interiors.

So we are going for i10(magna).Now i need to know what can i do to ensure that the car I get hasnt been used as test drive vehicle by the showroom. We are going to buy it from Himgiri Hyundai Delhi.
Since you are not going to be driving much so the diesels are out automatically and since you have ruled out the getz, estillo , wagon R,spark and palio then i guess u are left with nothing much than the i10 .a good car with refreshing interiors and a good engine.
Old 24th March 2008, 16:26   #39
BHPian

i10 or Wagon R?

I am looking to purchase my first ever car for commuting in the chaotic Bangalore traffic. I've narrowed down the choices to i10 (not yet decided between Era and Magna) and Wagon R VXi.

On road prices are:

i10 Era: Rs. 4,26,000
i10 Magna: Rs. 4,54,000
Wagon R Vxi: Rs. 4,12,000

I've started taking driving lessons only today. Any advice will be appreciated. I've gone through some of the posts in this forum and read that the visibility is not so good in i10. Is that an issue big enough to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th March 2008, 17:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
i10 or Wagon R?

I am looking to purchase my first ever car for commuting in the chaotic Bangalore traffic. I've narrowed down the choices to i10 (not yet decided between Era and Magna) and Wagon R VXi.

On road prices are:

i10 Era: Rs. 4,26,000
i10 Magna: Rs. 4,54,000
Wagon R Vxi: Rs. 4,12,000

I've started taking driving lessons only today. Any advice will be appreciated. I've gone through some of the posts in this forum and read that the visibility is not so good in i10. Is that an issue big enough to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.
Well I havent found any such problem about visiblity with my i10. I also have an Esteem and I feel visibility in i10 is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
Congrats somebodystopme. Which variant did you buy, Magna or Era? How much is the final OTR? Did you get any discount or freebies? What about the music system? Did you get it installed from the dealer?
Thanks bro. I have got i10 Magna. I got the car for 4.15 Lac after deducting 2000 for rust coating and 5000 cash discount. Freebies I got mudguards thats all. No music system in the car by company. I had to replace it as it is even if there was, so am satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
There are ugly frogs as well as cute frogs,lol.Congrats Buddie.Please post some reviews and initial impression.
ram
Will do that soon. bro. Thanks
Old 24th March 2008, 17:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

Looking forward to pictures and driving impressions.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:40   #42
BHPian

Re: Car within 4.5Lakh

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but one of my friend is in same dillemma.

Budget - 4-4.5 Lakhs
Required Features - Power Window, Power Steering, AC. Good in mileage and low on maintenance.
Drive - 500 KM per month approx. So has to be a petrol car.

Choices - Hyundai I10 Megna, New Wagon R, Ford Figo, Ritz.

Please confuse me more by adding models and which one would you pick?
Old 14th April 2011, 16:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but one of my friend is in same dillemma.

Budget - 4-4.5 Lakhs
Required Features - Power Window, Power Steering, AC. Good in mileage and low on maintenance.
Drive - 500 KM per month approx. So has to be a petrol car.

Choices - Hyundai I10 Megna, New Wagon R, Ford Figo, Ritz.

Please confuse me more by adding models and which one would you pick?
I was exactly in a similar situation a few months ago and was faced with similar choices within a similar budget. You may check my ownership experience at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2181271

Regards,
Melvyn
Old 14th April 2011, 18:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I was exactly in a similar situation a few months ago and was faced with similar choices within a similar budget. You may check my ownership experience at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2181271

Regards,
Melvyn
Man, this is really a great feedback. I will review it thoroughly though the choice has almost been made up that its going to be I10 but lets see what lies ahead.
Old 14th April 2011, 18:57   #45
BHPian

I10 is a good choice. followed by Ritz & Figo.
You should also consider Beat. Comes within the budget and a good VFM as it comes with some good features compared to others + extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks