Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:00   #61
BHPian

Re: Car within 4.5Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
30K kms is not a lot by any standards.. Mileage sure is important, but you need get a buddy mechanic's opinion on other aspects.

Any Swift/Ritz diesel available in Maruti Truevalue out there?

I Checked out dude, only petrol versions are available for that budget, few diesel swifts and ritz are available, but the price tag is almost 5L+
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
In your budget you can also get a Diesel (Vista Terra QDJ i suppose).

Please ask her to steer clear of 'informed' friends who say a diesel with 30K kms on the odo are bad. Diesels by their very nature are longer lasting than petrols and most crude diesels also last 1 lac+ easily. The new gen diesels are even better.

For petrols, She may consider the Spark or Beat from the Chevy Stable,
Or if she wants a frugal easy to drive car - AStar AT. Resale though is bad but this is a good city car.

The car which I have (Vista Aura SaFIRE65) was originally for my sister. I have covered 20K. My FE is a good 15 for my drive everyday and my maintenance cost is zero.

Will tell her to keep away from her friends.

BTW, she was more interested with Spark initially, but after a test drive with my friend's Beat Petrol / LPG version, she had inclined towards to BEAT, but I asked her to wait till BEAT diesel launch. Any idea what would be the budget of a 2 year (max.) old swift / ritx / Indica Vista cars in Chennai / Hosur / Coimbatore?

Are you sure Diesels engines are long lasting than petrol one's? I heard it otherway round.
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Old Wagon R. BTW, why she is not inclined with used car is, for our budget, if it is used, then it should be a diesel car and all those diesel cars in the market are at least 30K+ kms driven, and her colleagues had advised her to not go for a diesel car, which has run over that many kms.
What would be your suggestion, if its a used car for our budget?
Well to be honest, I bought my preowned Jazz with 27K on the meter, and I dont have any issues with it yet. 30K is not a big number at all considering the amount one saves in the bargain.

Just to give you an idea of prices in Chennai, on the tbhp classifieds you have:
- a petrol SX4 (2009 VXi model run only 14K kms for 5L).
- a petrol SX4 (2007 ZXi model run 31K kms for 4.8L)

For more diesel options, try to look at websites like www.carwale.com, visit some used car dealers and spread the word among friends and family. You never know who is selling their car! Please ensure a detailed investigation (check the relevant thread on how to buy a used car) and negotiate well

After spending some time and effort in this direction, if you are not satisfied with the results you can always consider a new car

Last edited by selfdrive : 22nd June 2011 at 10:43.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:40   #64
BHPian

[quote=selfdrive;2401094]Well to be honest, I bought my preowned Jazz with 27K on the meter, and I dont have any issues with it yet. 30K is not a big number at all considering the amount one saves in the bargain.

Just to give you an idea of prices in Chennai, on the tbhp classifieds you have:
- a petrol SX4 (2009 VXi model run only 14K kms for 5L).
- a petrol SX4 (2007 ZXi model run 31K kms for 4.8L)

For more diesel options, try to look at websites like www.carwale.com, visit some used car dealers and spread the word among friends and family. You never know who is selling their car! Please ensure a detailed investigation (check the relevant thread on how to buy a used car) and negotiate well

Hi,
Will try to convince my wife . However, if we go for loan, i feel interest cost would be higher for second hand vehicles, then ur resale value also would be lesser, Isn't it? Anyways, as u said, planning to make a visit to few used car dealers this weekend to have a rough idea for my budget. As of now my eyes r with Chevvy stable (Spark & Beat) lets c..
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Will try to convince my wife . However, if we go for loan, i feel interest cost would be higher for second hand vehicles, then ur resale value also would be lesser, Isn't it? Anyways, as u said, planning to make a visit to few used car dealers this weekend to have a rough idea for my budget. As of now my eyes r with Chevvy stable (Spark & Beat) lets c..
Sorry if I sound like a pushy used car salesman! Just wanted to ensure that you have an idea of the savings on offer.
It may be better to pay extra % on a smaller loan than pay less % on a bigger loan. Just my $0.02
Keep us posted and also have a look at the used car price check thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Will tell her to keep away from her friends.

BTW, she was more interested with Spark initially, but after a test drive with my friend's Beat Petrol / LPG version, she had inclined towards to BEAT, but I asked her to wait till BEAT diesel launch. Any idea what would be the budget of a 2 year (max.) old swift / ritx / Indica Vista cars in Chennai / Hosur / Coimbatore?

Are you sure Diesels engines are long lasting than petrol one's? I heard it otherway round.

A 2010 Vista QDJ will be close to 4- 4.5 lacs easily. Check some good used care websites. Or you can check the used car price check tool available on Cwale. Beat is a good car but can lack interior space.

You could try finding a Chevy Aveo. The resale is very low and you can get some good examples for pretty cheap. My friend in Mumbai recently bought a 2010 Jan model with 26K on the odo for 3.8 lacs, with full service history and stuff. It is a good car and a sedan.
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
A 2010 Vista QDJ will be close to 4- 4.5 lacs easily. Check some good used care websites. Or you can check the used car price check tool available on Cwale. Beat is a good car but can lack interior space.

You could try finding a Chevy Aveo. The resale is very low and you can get some good examples for pretty cheap. My friend in Mumbai recently bought a 2010 Jan model with 26K on the odo for 3.8 lacs, with full service history and stuff. It is a good car and a sedan.

I just went to few used car shops in Coimbatore, TN and these were the prices;

2007 Swift LDI (56K Kms) - 4,60,000
Not even a single VDI is available (5shops)
2008 Vista QDJ Aqua (35k Kms) - 4,45,000 (neg.)

Then all other cars are sedan types. :(
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just went to few used car shops in Coimbatore, TN and these were the prices;

2007 Swift LDI (56K Kms) - 4,60,000
Not even a single VDI is available (5shops)
2008 Vista QDJ Aqua (35k Kms) - 4,45,000 (neg.)

Then all other cars are sedan types. :(
Dont be put of my the initial exorbitant prices by dealers, these are marked up on purpose as they expect negotiations.

Have you checked online yet?
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:56   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Dont be put of my the initial exorbitant prices by dealers, these are marked up on purpose as they expect negotiations.

Have you checked online yet?

Also, we need to pay a commission of 2% to the dealers in Coimbatore. The reason for high prices according to them are recent spurt in petrol prices, as demand is more with less supply . Today one of the dealers called me and he said the customer is ready to sell the car for 4.15lacs final (2008 Vista QDJ Aqua) and he quoted 4.45 lacs yesterday. After this, am almost convinced to go with Beat Diesel, if its less than 5lacs OTR (LS Version). Wat say people?
Old 27th June 2011, 10:50   #70
BHPian

Friends Need urgent help or rather suggestions
My Daily Drive is 75 Kms that counts to 2000 Km/Mnth
Presently Driving OHC but Being a over 6 Ft, an hour of drive give a real pain in legs.
Planning to buy a hatch with a rather high seating (for easy drivabilty through city lanes and Delhi-Gurgaon Traffic).
Budget Constraints - 4.5 - 5 Lacs
Petrol is straight away no option. Petrol bills will eat me up!

The fight is between
Hyundai I10 CNG fitted (The new sequential kits can be fixed on 1.2 engines well now, I confirmed at HMP)
Don't prefer Maruti cars...old looks revised only
Second is a diesel hatch..and big question is WHICH DIESEL HATCH???
For my Budget I can go for FIGO or may be fabia too...
(I guess now all diesels have 10k oil change cycle)
But I dunno how the cars will come out after 4 yrs (or can say 60-70K Kms)
I hate those black clouds from exhausts.

So please guys help me out.

Thanks to all.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Friends Need urgent help or rather suggestions
My Daily Drive is 75 Kms that counts to 2000 Km/Mnth
Presently Driving OHC but Being a over 6 Ft, an hour of drive give a real pain in legs.
Planning to buy a hatch with a rather high seating (for easy drivabilty through city lanes and Delhi-Gurgaon Traffic).
Budget Constraints - 4.5 - 5 Lacs
Petrol is straight away no option. Petrol bills will eat me up!

The fight is between
Hyundai I10 CNG fitted (The new sequential kits can be fixed on 1.2 engines well now, I confirmed at HMP)
Don't prefer Maruti cars...old looks revised only
Second is a diesel hatch..and big question is WHICH DIESEL HATCH???
For my Budget I can go for FIGO or may be fabia too...
(I guess now all diesels have 10k oil change cycle)
But I dunno how the cars will come out after 4 yrs (or can say 60-70K Kms)
I hate those black clouds from exhausts.

So please guys help me out.

Thanks to all.
Why can't you wait for BEAT diesel launch? It is expected to hit the market by July 1st week. Based on dealers input, it ll be priced less than 5lacs OTR for sure (LS Variant) with power steering, AC and front PW..if you are not so bothered about rear space, BEAT (24KMPL ARAI Certified) would be the best bet for you amongst the present diesel hatches. However, wait for few months, as you already own a car, to get the BHPians review on the same.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:27   #72
BHPian

One more things I would like to add is the extra price I will pay over petrol car and that will also add up into loan interest too. Diesels are easily 1 lac above. At current fuel pricing 1 lac will be sufficient to run for 4 years on petrol. Will the extra amount justify with fuel cost margins (like break even point)? that's my another apprehension. Like after 5 years if I calculate the total car+fuel cost which will be an economical deal?
Old 27th June 2011, 11:29   #73
BHPian

Prasana 19...thanks for your reply sir but Beat is sort of grotesque to me (no offenses to owners), just my personal opinion. My friend has one and I don't feel like sitting either.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, we need to pay a commission of 2% to the dealers in Coimbatore. The reason for high prices according to them are recent spurt in petrol prices, as demand is more with less supply . Today one of the dealers called me and he said the customer is ready to sell the car for 4.15lacs final (2008 Vista QDJ Aqua) and he quoted 4.45 lacs yesterday. After this, am almost convinced to go with Beat Diesel, if its less than 5lacs OTR (LS Version). Wat say people?
If you are willing to wait for the Beat Diesel, it would be a better option for you. Especially as you are fine with the looks etc. One of my colleagues has recently TDed the Beat (yesterday) and the folks at the showroom have no update on the diesel launch yet. Are you sure it will be launched in July?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
One more things I would like to add is the extra price I will pay over petrol car and that will also add up into loan interest too. Diesels are easily 1 lac above. At current fuel pricing 1 lac will be sufficient to run for 4 years on petrol. Will the extra amount justify with fuel cost margins (like break even point)? that's my another apprehension. Like after 5 years if I calculate the total car+fuel cost which will be an economical deal?
I recommend you go through the relevant thread comparing petrol and diesel cars. IIRC, there are some tools there put by fellow bhpians that help you calculate the difference based on your mileage. If not, you can always look at the example that is nearest to your situation.

Edit: based on your height, I dont see how the i10 would be good for you. I hope you have TDed it over a fair distance/ time. IMHO, the Figo would be a better option. I dont think any of the newer diesels have any black exhaust fumes (not counting vehicles that are poorly maintained or use adulterated fuel)

Last edited by selfdrive : 27th June 2011 at 11:56.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
If you are willing to wait for the Beat Diesel, it would be a better option for you. Especially as you are fine with the looks etc. One of my colleagues has recently TDed the Beat (yesterday) and the folks at the showroom have no update on the diesel launch yet. Are you sure it will be launched in July?

I recommend you go through the relevant thread comparing petrol and diesel cars. IIRC, there are some tools there put by fellow bhpians that help you calculate the difference based on your mileage. If not, you can always look at the example that is nearest to your situation.

Edit: based on your height, I dont see how the i10 would be good for you. I hope you have TDed it over a fair distance/ time. IMHO, the Figo would be a better option. I dont think any of the newer diesels have any black exhaust fumes (not counting vehicles that are poorly maintained or use adulterated fuel)
Yeah, I have had enquired with Coimbatore (Anamalai's), Hosur (Thrive), & Chennai (Sundaram) dealers and everyone stated that it ll be launched by July mid (at max.) Even, I TDed Beat petrol / LPG version yesterday and am happy with its performance, but not so happy with its rear space, as it would be difficult to accomodate 3 :(

If i buy, I should buy it from Coimbatore (recently moved, as i work here) or Chennai (native and parents stay there) dealer only, but Chennai Sundaram dealers sucks big time with their sales & after sales service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks