Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2005, 19:58   #1

Need advice for buying Palio GTX 1.6

Hi ,

Following are the details :

[size=2][font=Arial]Make: FIAT[/font][/size]
[font=Arial]Model: Palio GTX Sport model[/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Capacity: 1600CC, 100BHP, 16Valve engine with micro processor chip for fuel control.
Year: 2002 May
Kms so far: 40,000
Milage: 15Kms/Ltr [/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Color: Metallic Mystic Yellow[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]All four Power windows[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Nokia Charges cum auto speaker available[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Center locking from Auto cop[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=blue][color=blue][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/color][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Other details:[/font][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial] Alloy wheels, Rear wiper with heating liner. Power steering, 47ltrs capacity storage, 90/100 Watt high power head lights, Fog light
65/55Watt, Fancy[color=blue][color=blue] [/color][/color]Leather cushions[color=blue][color=blue] [/color][/color]For seats, Doors, Steering and Gear knob, UV protected sun control coated front glass, Spoiler at the rear end. [/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Audio System[/font][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial] : Digital home theater system.[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]SONY 10 CD changer, Two JBL tweeter, 2 Pioneer Tweeter. Front Two Sony Speakers, 4 way Sony Amplifier , Sony Head with CD/FM and Cassette option, One Sony Explode Sub woofer, Two 4 way Pioneer Main rear Speakers.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]City : Banaglore.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Tyres are soem 4k Km run.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Please let me know what do u think for this offer and what should be the price ?[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Thanks !![/font][/size][/font]
Old 28th January 2005, 20:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

well forget about FE of 15 km/lt... it will be around 8-11 max...
i would say about 2.40-2.60 lac is ok for this one....
Old 28th January 2005, 20:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

I though the Palio Sport was a 1.2!! Or does the GTX 1.6 also have a sports version?

The car looks good. how much is he asking for it?

Shan2nu
Old 28th January 2005, 20:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinka_s
Hi ,

Following are the details :

[capacity storage, 90/100 Watt high power head lights, Fog light
65/55Watt, ]

i am not sure of the Sport model in the GTX.but FE of 15kpl is absurd. it shud be 15km/2 liters.
if its yellow then it has to be the S10 with Sachin's signature on it.

and about the fog lamps,it could be 55w and not 65/55 as you have mentioned.

it is no doubt a fantastic car with solid performance,but the FIAT badge on it is the negative point for it.
i suggest that u stay away from it ,but still if u really want to cash in on Fiat's misfortune,u shud get it for around 2lacs.
as off late S10's were being sold for huge discounts at 3.5lacs .

so start from 2 lacs.and dont worry abt someone else getting it ,as no one else is likely to go for it.
Old 29th January 2005, 00:11   #5
BHPian

hey, what are the issues with buying a second hand fiat?

are there are fundamental flaws? like heavy maintenance et al? i mean...i dont get it ....its a good car....built well and all the jazz....why would the second hand rate be so low? the car is good for the next 7 years at least.....would i be wrong if i bought a palio?
Old 29th January 2005, 07:53   #6
Team-BHP Support

Main problem, as I see is the service issue. The reason you may get a 1.6 so cheap is also that. The owner must be completely disgusted with Sundaram by now.
Suggest you guys check with TBHPian Anoop. He drives a 1.2 and seems pretty happy. Since you're also from Bangalore, you can take your car to RAC. Anoop goes there. I know a few who are happy with RAC's service.

rinka_s, I didn't get that digital home theatre system bit. You mean to say that car has a full blown home theatre inside?

Milage:15Kms/Ltr is not possible unless you mean no load in the car and driving at a constant speed of 80 on the highway.
Old 31st January 2005, 12:29   #7

Sorry for late reply . Thanks for replying me :

The owner of the car is claiming 15+ on highways and 11+ in cities(he claims K & R filters have increased mileage). He wants me to consider following points .

I guess the 'home theatre' term was used by owner just to emphasise on wide music accessories ..

Owner markets his car on following points:

1) Its 1.6 GTX ---not easily available.
2) Music system -> he claims to have spend around 70 K on this.
3) Tyres : its hardly 4k km compared to other 40k driven cars which requires immediate change.(14'
4)Small add ons not available generally - worth 15k
5) Used car price in Bangalore.

Now he is expecting 3.25 and what I understand from you guys
it should be around 2- 2.5 .Please suggest me what do you think of his claims. I have done with test drive , car is good , sundram people approved this and advised to change engine belt after some 50k kms.

Thanks
Old 31st January 2005, 13:22   #8
BHPian

My friend recently brought a 2 year old GTX in chennai for 2.85. Its done 13k km.

I am not sure about the 70k music system though. If you are not that much intrested in music then just ask him to take away that system.

Last edited by gkrishn : 31st January 2005 at 13:30.
Old 31st January 2005, 15:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
I am not sure about the 70k music system though. If you are not that much intrested in music then just ask him to take away that system.

now abt the car guys points--
1. its not available as its out of production and people dont sell it maybe beacuse thet dont get the price they want

2. about the 15k worth add ons,it will be a pain for you to replace it whenever it gets old or whenever something happens.

and what tires has it got.

regarding 15kpl on highway,hmmmmm
Old 31st January 2005, 15:55   #10
BHPian

Satya
Well 15 KMPL on the High way is what I get too and I have the same version. I dont drive with a gentle foot and the speedo is always above 90 ~ 100 Kmph. Did you guys know that the gear ratios of the Sport version of GTX are slightly different from the stock version.

I am not sure if it is the reason for it but i think they made the third one bit shorter and the final one slightly taller . You can chuck out the Music system etc and just buy the car if you want a real fun to drive car.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2005, 16:34   #11
BHPian

To give u an idea of the used Fiat car prices in Bangalore here's an extract from an add in the Indiacar.com used car section.The prices of the fiat palio are very much over-priced in Bangalore.Makes me wonder if there are any people who buy the palio's at these prices.Anyway given the scenario, the 1.6 doesn't seem too exorbitantly priced.But i think u should search for a car with less than 25k on the odo given the pathetic after sales service of fiat.

Make and Model Fiat Palio
Colour Tangerine Mist
Fuel Type Petrol
Air Conditioner Yes
Currently vehicle physically located in Bangalore
Year of Registration 2002
Kilometer Reading 37000
One time Tax paid Yes
Comprehensive Insurance Yes
Price 320000
Comments 1.2 ELX Fully Loaded with Alloy Wheels, Luxury Seat Covers, Standard Central Locking and Remote Central Locking. Immaculate Condition. Insurance valid upto Dec. 2005

Last edited by Neo. : 31st January 2005 at 16:40.
Old 31st January 2005, 21:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinka_s
[font=Arial]Model: Palio GTX Sport model[/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]Color: Metallic Mystic Yellow[/font][/size][/font]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC
Did you guys know that the gear ratios of the Sport version of GTX are slightly different from the stock version.
Are you guys talking about S10 or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.
The prices of the fiat palio are very much over-priced in Bangalore.Makes me wonder if there are any people who buy the palio's at these prices.
This is not just for palios. And this over-price is also not just for cars.
In bangalore its like that for every thing... starting from Software engg to... that 500 bucks ticket in PVR to... that 35lkh appartment near a big paddy field by the side of outer ring road.
Old 31st January 2005, 21:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guyz...today drove a 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX which my friend bought. Very very enjoyable drive, no matter due to the 100 bhp ofcourse. He got the 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX for 1.73 lacs with 16,000 kms on the clock!
Old 31st January 2005, 21:54   #14

Hi, Is it worth buying a car like Palio GTX when it isn't manufactured any more. What about genuine spares in case of a problem? Can Fiat supply the spares or are they avalable in the market? May be a buyer of a GTX will have to buy another GTX and keep it for spares!
Old 31st January 2005, 22:02   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey Stratos if you find a 1.6 GTX somewhere again in Bombay ping me ... I will rush and be the first one to buy... anything between 1.5 to 1.8 lakhs for the PAlio 1.6 is my choice...!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks