Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 20:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
In case of the Getz Prime 1.1L GVS (the variant I'd consider), I don't think I am willing to pay over a lac of rupees, if the other choice was either of the XETAs (GLG/GLX)
Besides, I don't really think there'd be a significant difference in FE between the two vehicles; even if there were, I think I'd be able to live with it.
Plus the XETA is more VFM.
Absolutely agree. Good point. I somehow missed the 1 lac price tag difference when I said Getz. Had it been a Santro, it would have been different. But Xeta is definitely VFM
Old 16th March 2008, 20:23   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
are you sure that your monthly running will remain at 600 KM per month? :P

with a diesel, you may travel more per month than you currently do.
You're right. I can't say for sure if my monthly running would stay at 600 km/month- it could be more, or less!
But let me ask you this---what if I were to go for a diesel, and my monthy running < 600 km/month, then what? The vehicle would be just be sitting around, and if not driven on a regular basis, I could end up having maintenance issues. Besides, I wouldn't feel too good about my decision of buying a diesel.
If I were to go in for a petrol and my running > 600 km/month, it would still be a better scenario than buying a diesel and running < 600 km/month
Old 16th March 2008, 20:34   #48
BANNED

I was doing a features comparison between the GLG and GLX.
- New Body Colored ORVMs
- Wheel covers (GLG: Half, GLX: Full)
- Fabric Lined Seats (GLG: Partial, GLX: Full)
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Adjustable Head Rests on Rear Seats
- Instrument Cluster (GLG: White, GLX: White with Al. finish rings)
- Floor Console (GLG: Painted, GLX: Cubic Printed)
- Power Windows (GLG: Front, GLX: Front and Rear)
- Rear wiper with wash/pipe
- Antiglare inner rear view mirror
- Key-in/Belt not fastened Audio Warnings
And obviously, the GLX comes equipped with a 1.4L engine.

Keeping all this in mind, is the GLX in fact worth the extra 40K?

Last edited by luvjascha : 16th March 2008 at 20:36.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:35   #49
BANNED

That really depends on whether you have a car already.

If you are using a bike, and saying that you will cover 600 KM / month because your bike does that much, you are wrong. You certainly will travel more with a car. Expect to travel at least 10% more.

It could also be possible that sometimes, you may end up travelling less than 600 KM - a transfer, a change in job, change in office, a new road, lack of parking at office - anything.

But remember that with a car, your better half is going to ask for more trips to that restaurant few kms further down the road coz. you could not make in on a two wheeler earlier.

If you already own a car, your estimate of 600 KM/mo is not going to change much.

If you do not own any vehicle at all, calling 600 KM / mo an underestimate is certainly an understatement. You are certainly going to cover 600 KM in a couple fo weeks (depending on your driving skills).
Old 16th March 2008, 20:43   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Keeping all this in mind, is the GLX in fact worth the extra 40K?
Yes, IMHO. Do not count on me however. I booked a xeta and ultimately ended up buying a wagonR - wifey does most of the driving and she wanted a wagonR - and most important, it is her car. ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
- Wheel covers (GLG: Half, GLX: Full)
Non issue.

Quote:
- Fabric Lined Seats (GLG: Partial, GLX: Full)
You will always end up buying after market seat covers. So this does not count.

Quote:
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
Pay 150 extra for an after market one.

Quote:
- Power Windows (GLG: Front, GLX: Front and Rear)
Ok. This is a feature worth paying for.

Quote:
And obviously, the GLX comes equipped with a 1.4L engine.
Yes.

And AFAICT, the feed back I get is that the FE difference is very marginal. Not sure though. Nobody (owners of 1.4L version, that is) on tbhp is saying so - I think.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

I recall reading here that someone got rear PW fitted by the tata dealer for an extra 13.5k
Old 16th March 2008, 20:58   #52
BANNED

The leather-wrapped steering wheel, seats and wheel covers are definitely non-issues, since I am looking to get Stanley Art Leather seats and tubeless tyres (perhaps, alloys too). In fact, I don't care much for the rear windows being manually operated too, just so long as the front windows have them.
So, I guess it ONLY boils down to the engine. Is a 1.4L engine worth 40K more than the 1.2L
I do not own a two-wheeler, have no better half.
The vehicle will be solely driven by me.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:06   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I recall reading here that someone got rear PW fitted by the tata dealer for an extra 13.5k
Yeah, but I am told to never have after market power windows fitted. You'll end up having issues later.

Any idea on the prices of the following-
1. Stanley Art Leather Seats as opposed to Genuine Leather seats.
2. Art leather wrapped steering wheel as opposed to genuine leather.
3. Keyless Entry
4. Since the vehicle comes equipped with tube tyres, how much can I expect to get for them (5 in total, including the spare tyre) in exchange for tubeless tyres.
5. Alloys (what make)
Old 16th March 2008, 21:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

i think the dealer will just fit the stuff that's in the GLX

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...r-windows.html
Old 16th March 2008, 21:44   #55
BANNED

Quote:
3. Keyless Entry
4. Since the vehicle comes equipped with tube tyres, how much can I expect to get for them (5 in total, including the spare tyre) in exchange for tubeless tyres.
5. Alloys (what make)
For everything else please search the forum.

Keyless entry can be integrated into the security system. Try to get one which automatically raises adn locks the window glasses (powered ones). Having a feature which detects tampering with the audio HU is also a plus feature. Shock detection is a no-no since it will give false alarms.

You may want to get this from the dealer only because the thieves may strike on the day of delivery, when the vehicle is lying in your backyard with you dreaming of taking it to the accessory shop early next morning. Take everything else from from outside. The indica comes pre wired for everything - including audio.

Does the GLG come with HVAC or just AC?
Old 16th March 2008, 21:53   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Keyless entry can be integrated into the security system. Try to get one which automatically raises adn locks the window glasses (powered ones). Having a feature which detects tampering with the audio HU is also a plus feature. Shock detection is a no-no since it will give false alarms.
Would you be familiar with the various security system models?

Quote:
Does the GLG come with HVAC or just AC?
The GLG comes equipped with HVAC.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:01   #57
BHPian

Hey Many say the diesel are cheaper/at par with petrols in terms of maintanance. No as far as I know, the service frequency of diesel is twice that of petrol right?? My indigo's service is due every 5K kms while that of my omni is 10K kms. So that will still put the maintanace at almost twice that of petrol right??
Old 16th March 2008, 22:18   #59
BHPian

Just want to mention that in city, driving a petrol will be much easier when compared to diesels.

On highways it doesnt make much difference between diesel & petrol. The only exception is that petrol has quick pick up needed when over taking trucks in short gaps. Diesels do better in ghat sections.

Since you will be driving yourselfs it will be a point to consider.

P.S. I am comparing here only indica diesels & petrols. What i say may be incorrect if we are taking about diesel engines 2.0l & above.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:52   #60
BANNED

Talking about a quick acceleration needed while passing a slowly moving truck/bus in a limited amount of gap, on a road with two-way traffic, will the power/torque of a 1.2L be adequate, as compared to the 1.4L?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks