Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 20:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Since FE is your concern, I would suggest the Spark or i10 from your list.

But if you like the joy of riding a diesel, Swift LDi or Palio MJD(tough choice here). Also make sure that the Swift LDi falls in your 5 lac budget. I guess it exceeds by around 20-25K.
Swift LDI costs 5.08 on road in delhi. and Palio SDE costs 5Lack on road here where as base model SD comes for 4.78 lacks.
Old 24th March 2008, 21:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

boss, check about current discounts of spark. Its a pretty decent car, esp with discounts (but you never know with silly GM!). and now delhi has alot of sparks running around
Old 24th March 2008, 22:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
boss, check about current discounts of spark. Its a pretty decent car, esp with discounts (but you never know with silly GM!). and now delhi has alot of sparks running around
He's already mentioned that he TD'd Spark, and did not like it.
I feel Palio 1.6 is what he should be looking at.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:03   #34
BHPian

in addition to your choice of the car do check how good the agent / service centre is for doing the services during / after warranty, availability of spares too.

as steer mentioned the palio is a decade old and is showing its age. also since you are looking to FE it does not make sense to go for more BHP rather look at space, ride comfort, refinement levels.

Since you are owning a Thunderbird you will know the anguish each time you visit the service centre.
Old 25th March 2008, 00:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
in addition to your choice of the car do check how good the agent / service centre is for doing the services during / after warranty, availability of spares too.

as steer mentioned the palio is a decade old and is showing its age. also since you are looking to FE it does not make sense to go for more BHP rather look at space, ride comfort, refinement levels.

Since you are owning a Thunderbird you will know the anguish each time you visit the service centre.
Owning Thunderbird is pride for me and its service/spare are readily available here in delhi. Never heard its out of stock for any Enfield bike.

Infact the service of palio is also not that bad here of what Iv'e come to know from commuters. Some parts are not readily available but overall there are around 6 plus Tata service centers for Fiat i guess. So should not be much problem.
Old 25th March 2008, 00:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Sparky is cute car with noiseless engine but somehow I'm reluctant to purchase it.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Any clues what is the current price of Getz 1.3 onRoad after discounts?
In Bangalore, the GLX version OTR is 6.1 lakhs and GLS version OTR is 5.7 lakhs. I believe there is discount of around 25000 on the car.

In Delhi, the price would be cheaper than Bangalore. You will find the price on Hyundai website. So I think Delhi price+discounts will make it a viable option for you.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:49   #38
BHPian

the accent is at 4.99 ex showroom, you may wanna try that
Old 25th March 2008, 16:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the accent is at 4.99 ex showroom, you may wanna try that
Parking space constraints stop me from buying Sedans
Old 26th March 2008, 06:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hi! thanks...liked your suggestions. But I will surely give it due weightage while finalizing the car. It is true that I ride Bike as well. But M800 will be handed over to my wife.
So I'll be concentrating on my car and bike.
But I'm not much clear about how much maintaineance is extra with respect to diesel and and if you say diesel need service after around 5k kms then what is the case with petrol cars.
Glad the suggestions were of help to you.
Petrol cars generally need service every 10K kms (Apart from the first few services wherein any car gets 1st service generally around 2K & 5-8K kms) whereas diesel cars need it every 5K (Oil change, oil filter change, etc.).

Therefore in the long run, they are more expensive. And also, diesel cars generally need more maintenance than petrol anyways.

Last edited by Xehaust : 26th March 2008 at 06:55.
Old 27th March 2008, 01:31   #41
BHPian

Hi Sameer, According to me your usage does not prompt you to go for a diesel car. I would suggest you to go for a petrol/diesel swift. These are the vehicles which may fulfil all your priorities to a certain extent.Getz diesel is out of you budget unless you extend.

Also you will not feel the punch while driving a diesel car as what you feel when you drive a petrol car (in cars below 5 to 6 lakhs). The maintenance of a diesel car is any day more than that of a petrol. So watch out before you buy one.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hi Sameer, According to me your usage does not prompt you to go for a diesel car. I would suggest you to go for a petrol/diesel swift. These are the vehicles which may fulfil all your priorities to a certain extent.Getz diesel is out of you budget unless you extend.

Also you will not feel the punch while driving a diesel car as what you feel when you drive a petrol car (in cars below 5 to 6 lakhs). The maintenance of a diesel car is any day more than that of a petrol. So watch out before you buy one.
Yes, I'll be going for Swift/Palio Diesel only. Will take final TD of both and then shall buy. Thanks guys for your inputs.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:21   #43
BHPian

@Sameer551: Congrats for finalizing your car.

Can you tell me what is the waiting period for Swift VDI (ABS and Non ABS) in Delhi.
I am moving to Delhi next month and have almost finalized Swift VDi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks