Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 13:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
hi guys,
I n my wife plan to buy a hatchback for her to use. we intend to do the buying just after the monsoon. She feels more comfy with an AT and so we wanted to do some research regarding the options we have. Is there much of a choice? I heard Wagon R and Santro had an AT option. WHat about the rest? Will the i10 have an AT? We are not keen on the boxy Wagon R or the outdated santro. Can we expect anything better soon? WHat about the splash?
Splash launch is delayed and dont think it will come soon,So the choice as of now is santro and WR AT.

ram
Old 14th April 2008, 22:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Hi Naveen! I have driven Santro AT on a 80kms commute to my office in Mumbai and back to Navi Mumbai and let me share than its a fantastic car at this price point and there is a good peppy engine, a fine auto tranny and manageable size and its a good package...my point of reference is Accent & Verna CRDi in India, Camry and Corolla in UAE that I have driven.
I usually drive a stock Octy RS and wish it had a bit more power (but I dont want to upchip my car for fear of destroying it's reliability). I am surprised that after driving the Camry you did not feel the Santro was a bit under powered.

I really wish the Fabia was available with it's 1.6 liter Tpi + 6 speed auto box (same as in the EU).
Old 28th April 2008, 10:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Any further news on the i10 auto tranny launch? My cousin wants to buy one as soon as it comes out. And any idea on the likely price - will it be closer to the 6 lac mark?
I must add that I was pleasantly surprised by the cabin room in the i10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks