yet to be launched or import a sport hatch 12 4.10%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 18:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
but the swift has ABS and is cheaper.
Agree but still Swift will be left behind for sure in terms of power.. Thats a fact.
Old 15th April 2008, 18:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Power is nothing without a proper handling car.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:07   #78
BHPian

so swift is 87bhp and with a turbo which completely voids your warranty you can get it to 110bhp - extreme fun having a modded swift and seeing the look on ppls face when they see u zip past
cost of swift petrol 5.1 lacs - cost of turbo and mods 2 lacs in phases - the joys in phases priceless

fiat palio 1.6 is 100bhp and till date no one in we know has modded it much cos its by default so good + but its a petrol n u can turbo it like swift
cost of fiat palio 4.9 lacs - cost of mods if possible 2 lacs or so - same joys as modding a swift petrol and more power

getz diesel is 110bhp engine and max that u can do is add a chip to it and some additional stuff to get to 150 bhp maybe - no addition of turbos no BOV sounds no joys like modding a petrol - but performance wise it is a killer anyway
cost 6.5 lacs and cost of mod chip and handling mods 1 lac
plus getz no warranty void by adding a simple chip as u can remove it at time of servicing - ofcourse whenever u do an all disc brake conversion (std in aussie and other places) and play with suspension you void warranty

Last edited by jassi : 15th April 2008 at 19:12.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Power is nothing without a proper handling car.
GetZ handelling is that bad?
Old 15th April 2008, 20:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
GetZ handelling is that bad?
Getz was never a good handling car. I have driven the petrol version. I have read about diesel getz being not handling as good as even the petrol. Swift is a lot better in that regard, even the diesel.

And that statement of mine applies to every car.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:45   #81
BHPian

guys does the getz crdi have bov which to vents to atmosphere or recirculates - seems like it vents to atmosphere from this youtube video
does it sound this good
Old 15th April 2008, 22:04   #82
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Agree but still Swift will be left behind for sure in terms of power.. Thats a fact.
true- in a straight line the chipped getz will beat the chipped swift. but fun to drive? yes, it will make you grin every time you floor the pedal, but it will also make you grimace when you shift gears, when you go round a corner, when you flick it around traffic.

its not as bad as it sounds. but it still wont be as fun as the swift.

@jassi- 150bhp? 20 bhp on top of the tuning box?

all the other little mods, will add up to some serious cash, but will not give the returns of the simple tuning box(rupee to Bhp ratio)

Old 15th April 2008, 22:09   #83
BHPian

i was referring to stage 2 of petes box - i thought stage 1 was 130bhp, whats the bhp on stage 2 which obviously requires addition of a better intake, etc

also can anyone confirm specs of the getz turbo, bov, etc - i think the video i posted maybe of an hks bov added and not the stock.
Old 15th April 2008, 22:19   #84
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i was referring to stage 2 of petes box - i thought stage 1 was 130bhp, whats the bhp on stage 2 which obviously requires addition of a better intake, etc

also can anyone confirm specs of the getz turbo, bov, etc - i think the video i posted maybe of an hks bov added and not the stock.
dont have the specs for the BOV, but the stock turbo sounds nothing like that. actually, with the windows rolled up, you wont even hear it.

Old 15th April 2008, 23:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

getz diesel is 110bhp engine and max that u can do is add a chip to it and some additional stuff to get to 150 bhp maybe - no addition of turbos no BOV sounds no joys like modding a petrol -y
Gets D already has a turbo, why do u want another one?? Also, can a BOV be installed with the stock turbo??
Old 15th April 2008, 23:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
true- in a straight line the chipped getz will beat the chipped swift. but fun to drive? yes, it will make you grin every time you floor the pedal, but it will also make you grimace when you shift gears, when you go round a corner, when you flick it around traffic.
My statement was based on the fact that both the diesels will undergo all the modifications mentioned by u (including suspensions) in the previous page...

Quote:
1. Pete's Box 90bhp/Remap(100bhp)
2. CAI/RAM air intake
3. Electronic boost controller with a marginal increase in boost pressure
4. bigger intercooler
5. suspension work worth 1.5 lakhs(I've TDed that car)
6. brakes pads from tarox
7. heat shield for intake
8. FFE maybe?

Impractical mods, but still possible.
9. Propane injection(theoretical)
10. limited slip differential (if you are filthy rich)

Last edited by kpzen : 15th April 2008 at 23:14.
Old 15th April 2008, 23:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Gets D already has a turbo, why do u want another one?? Also, can a BOV be installed with the stock turbo??
i wasn't referring to adding a new turbo - i was looking at enhancing the existing vgt by upgrading the intercooler, adding a vent to atmosphere bov, etc
Old 16th April 2008, 12:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i wasn't referring to adding a new turbo - i was looking at enhancing the existing vgt by upgrading the intercooler, adding a vent to atmosphere bov, etc
BOSS, guess you could just add a BOV and an intercooler to any Turbo? I'm afraid not unless you understand engine design and thermodynamics!

Guess we should not throw all the words that we see / read onto the forum without a proper understanding of the function. No offense though!
Old 16th April 2008, 12:55   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not easy as it sounds. These engines/ parts are designed by experts and all the parts need to be in sync to perform optimally. If understanding the technology and replicating or enhancing it was easy, car manufactures would not be lending technology from others. I would recommend not to get into experiments.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Its not easy as it sounds. These engines/ parts are designed by experts and all the parts need to be in sync to perform optimally. If understanding the technology and replicating or enhancing it was easy, car manufactures would not be lending technology from others. I would recommend not to get into experiments.
i agree dude - in which case the only true joys of modding could come out of a swift petrol although the getz vgt + petes is a respectable combination sans the handling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks