Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 16:05   #1
agm
BHPian

Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI

Hii,

Planning to get a new car in a weeks time at max.will be driving 75% in the city and 25% in highway.monthly running will be 700-800 Km maximum and few long trips in 2-3 month.i have been planning since last fortnight and after reading all the reviews and long term reports here in T-BHP have decided to go for one of the options.

things which i am looking for:-
1)- Space,especially legroom in the back seat as my dad going to sit and he is 6'1.
2)- boot space not that important.
3)- No bumpy ride,joy to drive,good ride quality etc.
4)- as i said 700-800 Km monthly running at most.
5)- Decent fuel efficiency thats why was looking for VDI but i know with just 700-800 km monthly running its not recommended after going through all the post here in T-BHP.but then i have read getz 1.3 dont have a very good FE-8/9 km/ltr??
6)- will be using this car for atleast 4 years so resale is not an issue,but then as people saying i20 is about to launch and getz mite be discontinued so little scared.dont want a car which ill be keeping for years getting discontinued after 6-8 months from the purchase date.
7)- Which car is better in bad roads?becuase we go to our farm often and roads pathetic?

Getz GLX is for 5.68 L (-)17k for insurance which is free,5k off in this model,and few accesaries=arnd 5.4 Lakh onroad.Raipur (C.G) (need to order and will get within 7-10 days time.

^^today only i Tdrove 1.3 GLX and was very impressed with it overall,very spacious,awesome gearshift,smooth and silent etc and best part is it has a ABS,Alloy wheels .I find getz better then swift.will go for either white or silver colour if in case finalise this car.by the way what is the difference between space silver and bright silver?

Swift VDI is for 5.60 onroad.Raipur (C.G) no discount,no accesaries nothing.and no ABS,Alloy wheels.but this car is readily available as dealer is my dads friend,model with ABS will take atleast 2 to 3 months from now and cant wait that long.for us worst part is its legroom.else we can live with it for any other problem.

may be i messed up little with my post,slowly but surely will imporve on that from next time.

Waiting for the suggesions from experts/guru's here in T-Bhp.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th April 2008, 22:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

For a running of 700-800 kms p.m. stick to petrol, for your needs of Space, Ride quality, Rear comfort you have a choice of Getz 1.3, Aveo UVA & Palio 1.6.

Test drive, check the Service at your place & then decide.
Old 5th April 2008, 22:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.3Gls would be the good option and best buy
Old 5th April 2008, 23:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

You aren't looking at the Swift P ?
Old 6th April 2008, 01:04   #5
BHPian

As per your requirements Getz fits best. Do check out the Getz 1.1 in case you can sacrifice a bit of performance for fuel efficiency.

Diesel is not recommended for your kind of running.

Have a look at the Chevy UVA as well which is also a very comfortable car at the rear.
Old 6th April 2008, 07:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

You mention that you will mostly be sitting at the back as opposed to the front. Do you mean the car will be mostly chauffeur driven? In that case why not look at an Indigo? Your budget will allow you to go for the stretched version i.e. the Indigo XL which IMO would be a lot more comfortable at the back for your dad.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'll ask you to take a look a the U-Va before you take a decision.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:33   #8
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
You aren't looking at the Swift P ?
Well dint find it to be very good,especially compared to Swift D.Swift D has a very peppy,acceralation etc,so thats why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
As per your requirements Getz fits best. Do check out the Getz 1.1 in case you can sacrifice a bit of performance for fuel efficiency.
Ya i Tdrove 1.1 yesterday along with 1.3 and to be honest i dint find any problem with Getz 1.1 but as i read few reviews here people saying it aint that good in the highways while overtaking so thats why little hesitant.at the same time A/c isnt good in 1.1.Any 1.1 owner here?please do tell me about its performace in the highway,A/c,and FE.by the way is it really true that 1.3 FE is around 8-9Km/Ltr in the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
Have a look at the Chevy UVA as well which is also a very comfortable car at the rear.
Chevy A*S is very bad here so No to chevy car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
You mention that you will mostly be sitting at the back as opposed to the front. Do you mean the car will be mostly chauffeur driven? In that case why not look at an Indigo? Your budget will allow you to go for the stretched version i.e. the Indigo XL which IMO would be a lot more comfortable at the back for your dad.
It will be like both,chauffer driven as well as self driven,mostly self driven and in that case no doubt car is very comfortable but then when it comes to self driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I'll ask you to take a look a the U-Va before you take a decision.
Ya i know its very nice car but then A*S here is a big problem for a Chevy car.

Actually we already Wagon R and santro (will be selling this in a week) so this time we are looking for a car which is more powerful,big etc compared to these two.

Palio would have been another options especially since the time have TDrove MJD is really started liking fiat car,Being honest Palio MJD is a better car then Swift except for A*S,interiors and resale.but then will it be a wise decision to go for a decade old car at the same time when we know G.punto will be lauched in few months from now?

So ultimately which one i should chose?
Thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2008 at 10:58. Reason: Please do not post in all bold text. Use it selectively, and only when necessary.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Between your choices and given the options you are looking for it is recommended to go in for Getz 1.3. Also, check Getz 1.1 as the FE is better in 1.1 but it lacks performance compared to 1.3. Also, you are getting ABS & alloy wheels.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:54   #10
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Between your choices and given the options you are looking for it is recommended to go in for Getz 1.3. Also, check Getz 1.1 as the FE is better in 1.1 but it lacks performance compared to 1.3. Also, you are getting ABS & alloy wheels.
Ya even i liked Getz 1.1 and dint find it to be underpowered but then i dint take it to long highways,but there are people who said its little underpowered in the highways lacks punch compared to 1.3(Which i can make out while TD) at the same time hard to overtake while the A/c is on.can some one throw some light on this and what is the FE in 1.3 i mean worst?FE of 10KM/Ltr with a/c on in city and around 14-15 in the highways is totally fine but less then that is low for me.

thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2008 at 10:57. Reason: Please do not post in all bold text. Use it selectively, and only when necessary.
Old 6th April 2008, 13:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

I guess Getz 1.3 is the best buy as per your requirements. Since you need good rear legroom Getz will be a better buy.
Old 6th April 2008, 14:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.3 all the way for your requirements my friend, It comprises of the best legroom in hatchbacks.
Old 6th April 2008, 15:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

The one choice is Getz 1.3 for the space and comfort.you have a low running so the fuel should not be a worry.Since its 75% city use i would suggest you need some torque for less frequent gear changes so i rule out the 1.1 ltr Getz.
ram
Old 6th April 2008, 23:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.3 is the best buy for your usage.

I am using Getz Prime 1.3 GLX and I am very happy with it. Great comfort, space and decent build quality, power. The driveability is good.
Old 7th April 2008, 01:33   #15
agm
BHPian

Thanks everyone for ur suggestions.

@PatienceWins i am seriously thinking of getting 1.3GLX so can you please tell me about the FE-city as well as highway?and worst you have got in bumper to bumper traffic?

Well as we were planning for a sedan so our budget was 6L,and can go 1.3GLX which will be around 5.4 onroad but then i have hardly seen people going for GLX model instead they prefer GLS,is it worth it going for GLX model with ABS and alloy wheels which is around 35k(i guess) more then GLS model?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks