Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: reva or 800
reva 25 27.47%
800 66 72.53%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2005, 14:52   #31
BHPian

I can't believe I am about to recommend a 800, but there you go ! :-)
Reva is a nice concept and good try but it really isn't practical if more than 1 person want to move about town...I saw a family of 3 literally crammed into a Reva the othr day and I was wondering if that was safer than a rickshaw with 4/5 people ?
Old 27th September 2005, 16:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
I can't believe I am about to recommend a 800, but there you go ! :-)
Reva is a nice concept and good try but it really isn't practical if more than 1 person want to move about town...I saw a family of 3 literally crammed into a Reva the othr day and I was wondering if that was safer than a rickshaw with 4/5 people ?
http://www.revaindia.com/design/safety.htm

reva is a very good car for carrying 2 people or for old people, housewifes etc
Old 21st November 2005, 18:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

The Reva is a fantastic car. Its pretty zippy in the 0-40 range - saw one overtake a BMTC behemoth (more than speed it needs faith in your machine) up Bannerghata Road towards Dairy Circle - not a very steep incline but autos do take it easy there. Its shell also feels pretty 'resistant' to city-scenario scrapes. I'd put its safety way over bikes and autos. Its major weak point is the ride over bad roads (are there other kinds inside Bangalore?) From every other angle (not visually - that sucks compared to what they could've done) its an extremely practical runabout. If the price were right I'd be driving one - and in fact still might if theres a good used one somewhere. It'll be cheaper to use than my Pulsar!
Old 22nd November 2005, 09:49   #34
BHPian

rain and hillls + reva = disaster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i am looking for a small runabout. it must have the nimbleness of a riskshaw, be all weather, and must be able to go up hill. the object is to able go get groceries, take to the local Barista, etc.. sort of like a scooter for oldies.

How's the Reva's fit and finish and service in mumbai. Since in mumbai we live in apartments how does one charge a Reva?

Any other alternates. The car should be much smaller than a Palio/Sail. Must have good fit and finish.

hey man go up a hill and be all weather..now hwy wouldu buy a reva...its sucks on the steep inclines and in the rain forget about it...its charge goes like a aa battery. see the 800 is still the better option. there was an article in the autocar india when hormzad sorabjee(editior) had the reva for a month....i am not sure which month. check it out for more info. reva is a good car that has to has to be bteer simply in order to sell. wait for the new one which has longer batter life and much much faster..!
Old 22nd November 2005, 10:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

and how about breaking down. i am assuming it runs on a DC motor. if at all it fails (burnt coils etc), does it have a limp home mode?
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:50   #36
BHPian

@ 2.3 lakhs or so, Reva looks too pricey

It's best suited within a small township or so....

M800 is a way far practical
Old 24th November 2005, 17:09   #37
BHPian

Reva is too impractical for car at that price. M800 is VFM under any circumstances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks