View Poll Results: reva or 800
reva 25 27.47%
800 66 72.53%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2005, 11:43   #1
Team-BHP Support

800 v/s Reva

i am looking for a small runabout. it must have the nimbleness of a riskshaw, be all weather, and must be able to go up hill. the object is to able go get groceries, take to the local Barista, etc.. sort of like a scooter for oldies.

How's the Reva's fit and finish and service in mumbai. Since in mumbai we live in apartments how does one charge a Reva?

Any other alternates. The car should be much smaller than a Palio/Sail. Must have good fit and finish.
Old 7th February 2005, 11:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Navin, firstly, is the Reva available in Mumbai? Unless you plan on getting one down from Bangalore or something. This would really be the closest thing to a rickshaw! Plus, I think it's cooler than an 800! And hey, you'd be doing your bit for the environment (would make you feel better while driving your RS )

But, as far as comfort and fit/finish go, the 800 has the Reva licked.

P.s. if price is not an issue, you could always get a Smart.
Old 7th February 2005, 12:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

the owner of reva in my ol apartment had a charging point drawn from her flat switch board at the basement and put on the pillar next to her parking lot in the basement.
Old 7th February 2005, 12:44   #4
BHPian

the reva is too small man, there is a guy in my colony with a reva, everytime i see it me and friends think of going and toppling it over, its just too tempting man
Old 8th February 2005, 10:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

the reva is cool. funny they should have gotten a dealer in mumbai by now. i saw one in bandra the other day. my wife thought it cool too so i figured i get he one for her b'day. too bad the fit and finish is not up to the mark of even the 800. dont tell me it is as bad as the (in)san(e) storm. dippy and GTO evaluated the storm some time back. maybe I'll wait till the reva is available in mumbai, maybe they will improve the fit and finish by then. and YES the smart is way over budget. and for those who care to ask i voted for the reva only to see if anyone else dared. and papps, if i ever got a reva i dont think you'd dare roll it over - ask my neighbours! :-)

Last edited by navin : 8th February 2005 at 10:42.
Old 8th February 2005, 17:15   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

the REVA quality should not be all that bad .
besides its cheap to use too and no losing money in accidents too ... maybe lives but
Old 9th February 2005, 10:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

no losing money in accidents. that is confusing. while I dont expect to use the reva on the highways it should be able to handle taxis and an occational rickshaw. the fiber body would crack. i think i'll wait till the fit and finsih improve.
Old 9th February 2005, 10:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

the reva got 3 more votes! wow! that is surprising.
Old 9th February 2005, 10:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey Navin,

The Reva has started (or is going to start) exports to Japan and is eyeing Europe as well. So the quality must have improved quite a bit over the years.
Old 9th February 2005, 10:55   #10
Team-BHP Support

good news. that should up their fit, finish, etc.. japan is a tough customer.
Old 9th February 2005, 19:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

I think Reva does have a dealer in Mumbai.Its Popular Car Bazaar if i aint mistaken.They used to advertise bout this car on thier website and also in the newspapers.Price 2.35K.Maybe u shud call them up.
I'd rather stick to the M800 with crystal lights.
As far as Reva goes,its a cute lil thingy,but not all that practical.

X
Old 9th February 2005, 21:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Reva is not a bad vehicle, a little expensive, but some people absolutely love it. I think the top end variant comes with the option to start the Aircon before you get into the car. Fantastic little thing. So now you can go from your aircon home/office straight into an aircon' car, for those addicted to forced circulation. I still don't think there is a service setup in Mumbai, and you probably would still have to approach Bangalore for requirements. Pick up the 800 man, it's being doing things right since the '84s, and isn't doing any worse now.
Old 10th February 2005, 11:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

does it have an auto tranny too? the 800 is too practical and a bit too big. i am looking for a car that is less than 1500mm long. and the reva does turn more heads than a 800. how would a reva hold up in small accidents?
Old 10th February 2005, 15:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Popular cars is really not a Reva authorized dealer but just a multiple new car dealer. I doubt you would get the required service for the Reva for them. Popular had one Reva with them but thats the only one I saw . There is no car now in their showroom.

If you can work out a charging place for the car, consider it but I still feel its too expensive.

Dippy
Old 11th February 2005, 11:30   #15
Team-BHP Support

dippy, what matters to me a lot is fit and finish. for this reason i am gonna lay off the reva till they get this act together. i love the concept. I also looking at a wankel engine mated to a cvt type kit car. right now they got a 35hp version to power micro lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks