Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 10:33   #1
BHPian

Booking SWIFT Zxi

Finally decided to book Swift Zxi (Silver or Red) with Sai Sevices Mumbai.

Deal is 5.94L - 21k on finance amt(@13.5%). Delivery in six weeks.+ 25K for (Anti rust+Paint Protect + 2yr addl warrany+ 2yr AMC). NO freebies.((Even mudflap etc). Will bargain hard. Will have to close by 10th May.

I would like to have your opinions suggestions before I commit.

I would like to have your opinion about going thru a finance co like ADDIS or JMD. I heard that they give better deal than dealers. Is it safe to go thru them? Will the car bought thru them will be OK?(not a defective one). Has anyone bought thru such finance company? Please give feedback

Why I rejected other cars:

FIAT 1.3 MJD: Bellow par dealer sale dept response(Shaman and Fortune). Dated interior

Getz 1.3 GLX: Not sure about continuety after a year. Otherwise great car.

I-10 Magna (O):Felt little small. No alloys on top version
Old 29th April 2008, 11:05   #2
BANNED

i refuse to understand why people pay 6000 plus for anti rust when it costs just rs. 3000 or less you need to get a better deal really
Old 29th April 2008, 11:48   #3
BHPian

I second Jesal, there is absolutely no reason to pay the dealer that much for anti rust and paint protection ( teflon) etc unless it is being offered as part of the deal.
Regarding buying from JMD, etc what I assume is that they are not company approved and it may cause you some problems but the cars are not defective. They operate on the model of bulk buying and passing on benefits to customers. Please check with Suzuki if they are going to honour the warranty et all if the car is bought from JMD, Addis.

It is surprising that ZXI has such a long waiting period(six weeks) and that too a fast moving colour like silver. Please check with some other dealers also.
Old 29th April 2008, 17:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Deal is 5.94L - 21k on finance amt(@13.5%). Delivery in six weeks.+ 25K for (Anti rust+Paint Protect + 2yr addl warrany+ 2yr AMC). NO freebies.((Even mudflap etc). Will bargain hard. Will have to close by 10th May.
Whoa there! You need to bargain! I just got a Swift ZXi 10 days back.

A. The Swift comes with a 2 year warranty. The Additional 2 year warranty extension is only 4995/- (In Kochi, Kerala).

B. I got mudflaps (the moulded ABS type), decent (but inadequate) floor mats, front bumper moulding, side moulding and a leather steering grip as freebies. They offered the first two without my asking for them, but I got the rest after applying a bit of pressure.
The ZXi comes with a small rubber protector on the front doors (to prevent them banging against something when they open), so don't let them "give" that to you for free.

C. I financed my car with SBT @ 12.25% (bargaining does not work here -- I got just 0.5% shaved off the initial quote).
- Processing charges of 0.5% of finance amount (got that waived after a bit of effort).
- I took a loan for 5 years. They were open to a 7 year loan.
- NO preclosure charges.
- NO advance EMI needed.
- I gave them post-dated cheques for the first 12 months (till next April): they said I could give the next 12 month's cheques next April. They didn't even want my cheques(!). They said a loan account had been opened in the bank, and I could deposit any amount of money as and when I wanted, subject to a minimum of the monthly EMI. If I paid more in a month, my total interest payable would come down by that much.
- The processing was very fast. The bank staff were very helpful. They went the extra mile and restored all my confidence in the speed of working of nationalised banks.
-I did have to take some effort to get photocopies of the documents to them, go to the bank once the loan was through to sign the papers, and collect the DD and get it to the dealership. But I got the car fast because I took the extra effort (the dealership car-loan processing executive would have done rhe running around for me if I wanted, but then I might have got the car upto 2 days later if I'd opted for this).
- EDIT: I forgot to mention, I got the car financed on the on-the-road amount (incl. Road-tax, Registration & Insurance, extended warranty). They will also finance accessories, upto 15k (or 20K, I don;t remember which).

D. Also I think that 25K is wayyyyyyy inflated. Except for the warranty extension you'll probably get a better option outside the dealer.

E. The Swift ZXi does not sell that well (VXi or VXi with ABS is most popular, apparently), so you do have a bit of upper-hand in the bargaining dept.

All the best for the purchase

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th April 2008 at 17:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks