Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Power windows are not everything. Get the car you like. I would certainly pay more for a free revving swift than for the queer(imo) i10.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:08   #17

But does Swift Lxi gives the driver pleasure and will it be comfortable for my wife to drive...as it will be her first car...

suggest me the a good option...
Old 8th May 2008, 11:38   #18
BHPian

If you're gonna be driving yourself, go for swift.

But if you have aged parents/kids in the back seat, the cheerful i10 may be better than the claustrophobic swift.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk2z View Post
Thank you all for your wonderful comments..

but I would like to get one more input from you people..

what about the maintenance of swift...
is it also as low maintenance as santro/i10(hope)

I am actually a 6ft tall guy with a good build.. so I didn't like the
the feel of zen estillo or wagonR
mate iam 6 plus..and i have been driving swift vxi since last one year...belive me..it has ample space...although i dont drive with the seat adjusted at the end...but even then...my knees dnt touch the steering wheel...iam quite satisfied with the leg room...driving a zen used to be a nitemare both for me as well as the guy setting at the rear seat behind me...if you are looking for decent space...swift is the car...and if possible..go for a vxi...the rear seat headrest are quite useful...and so are the powerwindows..
Old 8th May 2008, 11:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Both are equally good I'd say.

If I were you I'd take the Swift BUT only because of more power and Fun to Drive Feeling that Swift offers.

i10 is nevertheless a good competetor But has a smaller engine so is a notch below the Swift.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:17   #21
BHPian

Oh my Gawd. I got i10 Magna for the amount you getting i10Era. That reduces the VFM for i10 even more. Well am getting 13-14km/l with 100% ac depending on driving condition. My friends Swift gives 10km/l max. So i guess the diff is noticeable. Take a Test Drive. I got my i10 2 months back. I havent faced any problem in my i10 till now. My driving is same as yours. You should know swift has lot of rattling issues.

We need another car in family. Somehow I think waiting makes sense since lots of new models are in for launch this year. Including Fiat Punto, Suzuki A-Star.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Based on your list of priorities,

Looks - Subjective (I like i10)
VFM - Definitely Swift (for driving pleasure, bigger heart and power)
FE - Well, practically speaking, if you drive is more in the city and seldom on highways, then FE should not bother you much. Swift returns a decent 10-11kmpl in the city with 60% AC for my friend. i10 returns around 13-14 with AC.

The deciding factor I think has to be the driver ergonomics and driving pleasure. Next should be the FE and interiors et al. But it may be different for you. So take a call based on the TD of both the vehicles you have short listed.

Spark is another good car which is VFM and also looks ok to me. You can consider that too in your TD and then decide what you want.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:05   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Oh my Gawd. I got i10 Magna for the amount you getting i10Era.
How did you do that ???
They aren't giving any discounts to me...
Old 9th May 2008, 13:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk2z View Post
How did you do that ???
They aren't giving any discounts to me...
Considering you are buying in Pune, the price would increase by around 20K compared to Delhi I guess, so you would get the Era in Pune for the price he got his Magna in Delhi.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:21   #25
BHPian

@hawk,
if this car is for ur wife, then maybe i10 is a much better choice.
Old 10th May 2008, 14:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

well imo the i10 is a much better car, than the swift, just like gto pointed out, i agree with them all too.

the build quality when explained in detail you will never turn to swift, that itself is enough reason to abandon the idea of swift. ok its like this you dont want a car that rattles like hell and troubles you with all niggling issues after say 5K or10K kms right?

so stay away from it. i10 is a much better buy any day.

EDIT: well if its diesel swift then, its a totally different perspective as there is almost or no options in the market, and that car has the one of the best diesel engines and A.S.S in that category.

Last edited by rider60 : 10th May 2008 at 14:13.
Old 10th May 2008, 16:53   #27
bkm
BHPian

Hi rider , you sound very confident about i10. How long you have used it?
Old 11th May 2008, 19:20   #28
BHPian

the swift should fare better here as it has a superb resale value as far is know because my friend recently sold his 2 year old Swift for about 4.3 lacs . He bought it for about 5.4 lacs...So as far as resale value is concerned there should be no problem . The FE also should not be a concern as your driving is less than 20km per day . The Suzuki Swift is also very popular . So one shouldn't have any problem as far as resale value and FE are concerned . And I also personally feel that the i10 is a tad smaller than the Swift . I've been in a Swift but not on an i10 . Anyway all the best and make the best choice...Cheers !!

Off Topic : What is VFM ??
Old 11th May 2008, 22:55   #29
BHPian

VFM - Value for Money.
@kaush - Hawk needs this car for his wife, so keeping that ind mind, I think he is looking for a haggle free, reasonably small and comfortable car and i think i10 fits the picture.
Old 12th May 2008, 21:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hawk needs this car for his wife, so keeping that ind mind, I think he is looking for a haggle free, reasonably small and comfortable car and i think i10 fits the picture.
Well i agree with you gods-envy....I forgot the fact that Hawk is buying the car for his wife....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks